Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
ChrisM
nztownfan
Dan_Gleebitz
TheNeil29
Forever Blue
Big Lundy
trevdee
paulstreet
HTAFC Press Officer
Ball and Socket
14 posters

Hyde Replay

TheNeil29

Hyde Replay - Page 2 Empty Re: Hyde Replay

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 am

The chairman has released another update, advising of further works that will be taking place to resolve the current issues.

Really pleased at the level of communication from the chairman at this current moment in time, keeping the fans updated. It is much appreciated.

Hopefully, we can turn Hyde over tonight, and use the funds from that to pay to resolve the current issues at the ground.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:43 pm

I have been asked by the club to put that the phone was not left off the hook yesterday as claimed. the truth was that it was so busy due to the volume of calls that some people could't get through. Just to reiterate that the phone number is 01423 880675.

Regards,

Peter
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:55 pm

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:I have been asked by the club to put that the phone was not left off the hook yesterday as claimed. the truth was that it was so busy due to the volume of calls that some people could't get through. Just to reiterate that the phone number is 01423 880675.

Regards,

Peter

Actually, I guessed as much Peter, HOWEVER I have "ins" to a few large Companies and you'd be surprised at how many call centres do it..... But is there more than one line? If the telling bone system can't keep up with the volume of calls, does it need looking at?

And I'll echo what TheNeil said about the updated Chairman's statement. I've never met Irvine as far as I know but I think the guy can get things done in a logical and measured way (which is more than could be said about the last incumbents in my opinion). That's the reason that I'm not too concerned about the pitch problems...I have the confidence they'll be dealt with.

I am though a little concerned about some of the wording of the statement, specifically "The works will, subject to a reprieve in the adverse weather, take commence on Wednesday 7 November and be completed by Saturday 10 November. It is envisaged that should the work be completed as programmed, the match against Colwyn Bay will be played."

Apart from the English, isn't the Colwyn Match on 6 November, BEFORE the commencement of the work? Or have I (and the Club site) missed a change in the date?

One word of caution however, Hurricane Sandy is battering the East coast of the USA at the moment. We normally get fallout from events like this about 2 weeks later with increased winds and high rainfalls. So I reckon we're going to be pretty wet in the middle of November. Standby for the cancellation of the Vauxhall match.

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Chairman's statement query added)
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:16 pm

Good point re match date. Will try and clarify that. As far as I know it is still the 6th. However I am 150 miles away and out may have changed.

regards,

Peter
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 pm

According to this link, we arent playing on the 6 Nov:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 pm

We are apparently playing Colwyn Bay on the 13th.

Saved you a job Peter :-p

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:53 pm

0 - 0 at full-time.

Into extra time.

S.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm

HARROGATE GOAL!!! Harrogate 1 - 0 Hyde in extra time! Come on Town!!!

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Bloomin 'eck.

S.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:28 pm

GAME OVER, AND IT STAYS HARROGATE 1 - 0 HYDE!!! Well done lads what a game!
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 pm

Well done Town, a great result in what sounded like terrible conditions. Roll on Saturday and the trip to Torquay. A reply will do fine, remember that night well a few years back !! never seen the place so full.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:34 pm

Get in there !!!

Hyde fans now busy cancelling their hotels in Torquay so some cheap rooms available !

S.
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Would love to get to the game but the 4000 mile journey from Alberta, Canada is just a bit far. So good luck to Town on saturday and to all those making the trip, i hope you have a great day out.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 pm

Well done lads - fantastic result! (and thank you Railway...)
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:51 pm

All the lads played out of their skins tonight, well done!!!

I have to say, Bolder and Dean are fast becoming the best center midfield pairing in the league, outstanding....Prob a good job for Chester they aren't playing us on Saturday as I'm convinced we would do to them what we did to Brackley......Keep this level of performance up and not only will we give Torquay a scare, we will be heading towards the top end of the league (5 games in hand on Oxford!)
    Forever Blue

Post by Forever Blue Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:20 pm

trevdee I do love your optimism, we do have a very good midfield ourselves and you won't put 6 on us. We wanted to play you saturday as the new date will certainly be in mid week so not so may of your supporters will travel. But that said I would like to congratulate you on a very good win tonight and wish you all the very best of luck on saturday at Torquay and hope to see your name in the hat for the second round.

Last edited by Forever Blue on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected spelling error)
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 am

Hey Forever, if you had experienced our ups and downs over the past few seasons (which included a last minute league reprieve after finishing rock bottom and narrowly escaping relegation last season) you too would be very optimistic.....mind you I suppose you have had your fair share of ups and downs too!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 am

I'm so proud of the team and their performance last night. It was obvious from the start, that Hyde didnt fancy this at all. We hustled and bustled them, closed them down all the time and never gave them a moments' peace. They looked shell shocked walking off the pitch last night.

Outstanding performers for me last night were Dan Clayton, Adam Bolder, Alan White and Craig McGillivray, but the whole squad should be very proud of themselves for what they have achieved.

A message to the club: Show the team that comment from the Torquay Forum on the other thread, get them fired up, go down to Torquay, and show them what we are capable of. There is no reason why we cannot beat them.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 am

I'll add my congratulations to the whole team as well. I tried to get back for the match,but the weather meant the roads were a bit tricky in places (actually it wasn't the weather, it was what some of the ****** drivers were doing - driving slowly does not mean you're driving safely goddammit!).

So I missed it Sad

Now on to sunny Torquay. If I wasn't already off to the South East this weekend, I'd drive that way on Friday night. Do you think my wife would notice if I was on the M5 rather than the M1?
    yorkie-girl

Post by yorkie-girl Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Has anyone seen what is on the BBC Sport page ??

If you haven't then there is the link Wink cheers
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:30 am

yorkie-girl wrote:Has anyone seen what is on the BBC Sport page ??

If you haven't then there is the link Wink cheers

Sounds to me like they are a little bit worried. Thats always good, as it will give the players a little bit of a mental boost.

When is the next game you are coming to? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:14 am