Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
princes town
michael e
Big Lundy
nobby99
yorkie-girl
Ball and Socket
Innocent Bystander
JackHTFC
TooManyPies
Dan_Gleebitz
trevdee
nztownfan
16 posters

Gutted..... but Optimistic for the replay

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Gutted..... but Optimistic for the replay Empty Gutted..... but Optimistic for the replay

Post by nztownfan Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:34 pm

hats of to hastings it was a great game of football

it was a shame... Harrogate should have scored in the second half at least once

we outplayed them early on and scored our goal... then the pitch cut up badly and we couldnt play our passing game (same happend a few weeks ago vs Motors) we had to go for long balls as did they and they were better at it.... if the pitch was perfect we whould have passed them off the pitch

Here is why i am optomistic

1. We looked the better team (there fans celebrating at full time ours looked gutted)

2 What real goalscoring chances did they have... one cleared off the line early and the goal??? we had 2/3 more.... should have scored too

3. Tuesday night game wont have the same atmosphere as today (not that the players will be phased)

4. Our game players didn have a great game today.... Chib (had flashs_ and Paul couldnt get into the game.....if they turn up we whould have been a better team.

5. we have played and won replays already this year and we can do it again

Well done Town lets 'ave 'em

trevdee
    trevdee

Gutted..... but Optimistic for the replay Empty Re: Gutted..... but Optimistic for the replay

Post by trevdee Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Great atmosphere and to be honest no team could play decent football on that pitch.

We showed great resilience when they attacked, with White winning every header...From my observations when we play this style of football, we may aswell take Bolder out and stick a more battle minded midfielder on as Bolder just gets bi-passed.

Their number 11 looked lively and I think someone should kick him early doors in the replay...Bottom line if their pitch is good and we play our normal game we will dominate.

Anyway I'm looking forward to a long drive down and looking forward to the FA Cup draw.....As I said to a disapointed Weaver after the whistle, we are still in the hat for the draw and I honestly think we will beat them in the replay.

Can't wait to see the highlights, need to see whether it was Chibs who cleared that ball off their line or whether Roy Carrol got a hand to it.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Gutted..... but Optimistic for the replay Empty Re: Gutted..... but Optimistic for the replay

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:10 pm

I too am optimistic for the replay. But only because our away form is better than our home.

Yes, the pitch was a problem. I heard a mumble that the ref thought about calling it off. And yes, they were better at the long ball game than we were. However, there were other issues out there.

They had a crocked goalkeeper for most of the match and we singularly failed to test him.

We allowed their left winger free rein down our right side. He had the beating of our right side all day. And who made Chib a defender? In the second half, he was so far back, I thought he was going to take over in goal. But that was true of the whole team in the second half. We stood back and allowed them to come at us. Under those circumstances there was only one team that was going to score.

We were lucky they weren't that good in front of goal. Or we'd be out of the cup instead of having a tenuous lifeline.

All in all it wasn't a bad match, just a poor performance. The second half was far too reminiscent of the second half against Vauxhall, and the whole matches against Oxford City and Altrincham.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Do we know yet when the replay will be??
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Replay SHOULD be on tuesday 11th unless it gets picked for TV. Need to start planning how to get to Hastings now!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Good game, we were already celebrating Chib's goal down our end, which was embarassing with the vocal core of the hastings fans just behind us.

I felt the game was ours for the taking, but I do feel we can win in the replay at their place. Plans on getting down, that is the question.

Good crowd.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Unlucky today, always felt we needed to be 2-0 up at half time with the wind firmly down towards Wetherby!
    Great effort to get the game on today
    I'll be at the replay and bringing a bus full of student supporters from my school
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Thanks to Harrogate Town for getting the game on. The pressure is on them now. Our away form will NOT LET US DOWN. In the hat. WE WILL ROCK YOU HASTINGS. BE WARNED!! COME ON TOWN COME ON YOU SULPHURITES!!!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Yep it certainly is pressure on them....In the first 20 mins we played our best football of the day but was still way below our usual high passing standards and they couldn't cope really...They had to win today to be in with a chance as we will not give them another chance!!

BTW I will have 3 extra seats in my car!
    yorkie-girl

Post by yorkie-girl Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:35 pm

glad they're still in it... unable to get there today would have loved to have been there... was it a good atmosphere ?? what was the attendance ??

well done town for getting this far cheers
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:43 pm

yorkie-girl wrote:glad they're still in it... unable to get there today would have loved to have been there... was it a good atmosphere ?? what was the attendance ??

well done town for getting this far cheers

Outstanding attendence packed all around the ground singing and chanting really lifted us to start with.... roughly 3000 there which isnt bad
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:12 pm

2985 attendance - for a very cold December day - superb attendance, quite superb ...
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:13 pm

2,920 was announced if I recall correctly. But, whatever, it was Impressive how the club coped (apparently) easily with that number of supporters.

First half, the atmosphere was really good. After about 30 seconds of the second half, when it was apparent that they had the upper hand, it was buttock clenching.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:24 pm

They have done this to most of the teams they have played in the cup this season - just ask Bishop Stortford and Hitchen Town!
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:54 am

Great day and it turned out to be a 'Battle' as predicted. The pitch certainly looked like a battlefield at the end of the match, HD tv pictures of it didn't do it any favours.....

Slightly unlucky, thought we edged it, a half decent pitch will suit us better as others have said . Just hope the club send the players down the day before to nice swanky spa hotel and don't expect them to travel there and back same day/night. Must have the funds to do that now. Could fly them from Leeds/Bradford to Gatwick - and get a coach from there, or even charter a plane to Brighton, just a thought.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 am

Great day, thoroughly enjoyed myself, although the performance was distinctly average. The poor conditions meant that the game largely bypassed our more skillful players, particularly bolder. Chib as has already been pointed out was far too deep and there was no width. Apart from white there was very little communication. All that said, Hastings decent pitch should suit us and allow bolder and dean to impose themselves on the game to a far greater extent than they did yesterday.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:16 pm

It's funny reading their forum, they think they are going to play beautiful passing football and walk it and we think we will do the same....when all said and done it will prob turn into an all scrappy/nervy affair for both and a single goal will win it.........Can't wait to start the journey down there, many others going or thinking about going??
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 pm

A day out @ Harrogate
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Now a night out @ Hastings!!!!
    Difficult one for many to get to this
    Any coach planned if there are enough fans able to make it?

michael e

Post by michael e Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Listening to the Hastings manager & reading their comments in today's 'People' I think they may be overconfident. I believe it was their plan not to loose in Yorkshire.

As I left the ground I said to my daughter "The pressure will be on Hastings to perform in front of their home suppoorters".

I suspect Hastings will be unpleasantly suprised how good Town really are, the pitch was not perfect yesterday.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Well considering it was our worst performance of the season and one of their best performances I too think they will have a shock, provided we do actually play our normal game.

If we play similar to how we did at Stalybridge and Gainsborough then we will win by 4 or 5 because they will tire. If we drop to their level as we did yesterday then it will be a tight affair..Wonder if Elam will start, hope he does!
    princes town

Post by princes town Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 am

trevdee wrote:It's funny reading their forum, they think they are going to play beautiful passing football and walk it and we think we will do the same....when all said and done it will prob turn into an all scrappy/nervy affair for both and a single goal will win it.........Can't wait to start the journey down there, many others going or thinking about going??

Both teams seem to be playing the 'beautiful game' card. Good point. I've only been to see a few games this season and it was clear to me that Bolder is technically Harrogate's best player. Similarly, Goldberg for them looked a cut above this level.

What disappointed me Saturday was how deep Chib came when it is fairly clear that this lads main strength is scoring rather than assisting. A few occasion where he didn't seem to look up to view the options around him. Whitey was class. Bolder showed some lovely poise on the ball 1st half but the pitch was against him. Full backs played really well.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 am

Where to start? Fantastic day, great atmosphere, amazing to see the ground almost full. Odd nervous moment when we had to put sand on the pitch at 3-o-clock! Obvious early on (all that time wasting) that they had come for a draw (Can't blame them.) On TV Simon said we were 'superb' first half: I REALLY hope you don't actually believe that Simon: we were better than them, thats all. Wouldn't agree it was our worst performance, but certainly not a particularly good one. They might have won it second half (that ball across the goal), but Chib's effort could easily have gone in as well. Fact is a draw was a fair result.

Few points; too late for the replay but we really do need one or two more strikers, after Chib and Beesley we have basically nothing. We must have the money now!

Wonder what the chances are the replay will be televised? Must be a good chance, there are not really any other particularly 'sexy' replays to come: Alfreton/Dorchester?AFC Wimbledon/Chelmsford all lost. The two lowest ranked teams left in the cup might attract ITV or ESPN...should do anyway.

In a way I guess the result was secondary on Saturday, just being there was almost beyond belief, but lets get serious for the replay...imagine the build up to the Boro game...and a nice easy train ride from Leeds to boot Smile

Can I join everyone else in congratulating the whole team at the CNG: fantastic job, maybe you can relax a bit now!
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:07 pm

paulstreet wrote:

Wonder what the chances are the replay will be televised? Must be a good chance, there are not really any other particularly 'sexy' replays to come: Alfreton/Dorchester?AFC Wimbledon/Chelmsford all lost. The two lowest ranked teams left in the cup might attract ITV or ESPN...should do anyway.

Quality of the floodlights might be the problem for TV cameras, as was the case at the CNG.
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:04 pm

The game was a brilliant day, if no the ideal result! I don't think I've ever suffered a heart-in-mouth moment quite like the Zac Atwood miss. Watching the highlights on thefa.com they showed the Beesley booking. On replay the tackle actually looks quite fair in my view. Don't think that the replay will be anywhere as easy as people are making it out to be. I'm feeling quite confident but both sides were very even on the "random generator" that is Wetherby Road this season. Its going to be a totally different game at Hastings and with Goldberg (total quality) and a very vocal backing it could be too much for us with or without us playing at our best. Really want to get to Hastings but need to see the travel arrangements first!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm

as I said earlier, I will have 2/3 spare seats at the back (prob just 2 for comfort since it is a long way)....just split the petrol 4 way and we are away!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:17 am