Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+10
ChrisM
nztownfan
Dan_Gleebitz
TheNeil29
Forever Blue
Big Lundy
trevdee
paulstreet
HTAFC Press Officer
Ball and Socket
14 posters

Hyde Replay

Ball and Socket

Hyde Replay Empty Hyde Replay

Post by Ball and Socket Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 pm

What are the odds the Cup Replay against Hyde will be off? They won at Cambridge on Saturday so it looks as if they are coming into a bit of form at the right time for them. I hope the squad got in a hard session on Saturday. It would be useful for Simon to tell the supporters how the players keep their edge in the present circumstances. Come on press officer keep us informed please.
    Ball and Socket

Hyde Replay Empty Re: Hyde Replay

Post by Ball and Socket Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:52 pm

If the Hyde replay is off on Tuesday will the next available date be the following Saturday? If this is the case and Harrogate Town win when will we play the 1st round tie against Torquay, on Tuesday 6th Nov? Go on the Hyde forum and they are planning their trip to Torquay already. Nothing like being prepared I suppose. There are also some interesting comments about our pitch. Was the league game cancelled on Saturday so the pitch would have a chance of being playable on this Tuesday? Because the view is that because of the state of the pitch and the assistants referees underfoot issues the cup replay would have had no chance of being played on Tuesday if the Corby home game gone ahead. Big problems for rhe Chairman and staff as this is the fifth game, I believe, that has had to be cancelled already this season!!!! COME ON TOWN
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Ball and Socket wrote:What are the odds the Cup Replay against Hyde will be off? They won at Cambridge on Saturday so it looks as if they are coming into a bit of form at the right time for them. I hope the squad got in a hard session on Saturday. It would be useful for Simon to tell the supporters how the players keep their edge in the present circumstances. Come on press officer keep us informed please.

I will do what I can.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:09 am

I'm feeling p....d because I will miss Tuesday (knowing my luck the game will defo be on!), overnight in London. If we win I will only have a couple of days to decide about going down to Torquay.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:23 pm

well we are currently having probably the heaviest rainfall that we have had in a good few weeks (lots of light drizzle up to now) so I'm going to bet my house it won't be on tomorrow
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:44 pm

The Hyde reply has to be completed on Tuesday. The pitch will have had 16 days to recover after the Brackley game so should stand up to only 90 minutes hopefully. Although I've got a feeling this one could go all the way to pens. If we get through to play Torquay the pitch should have a week to settle down. The Hyde supporters really tore into their team after the cup draw with us. They said that they were dire. If we can't beat them when they are dire I hope they don't raise their game in the replay!! COME ON TOWN. Oh for a game of football at Wetherby Road.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Hyde were dire, but that was because we made them look dire and didn't let them play, just like against Brackley....We will do the same again, if the players are up for it and match fit.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The club NEED a trip to Torquay!
    Even if it has to be played on a Tuesday evening!!!!
    Some of the regular away fans are scratching their heads on the logistics of a trip to Torquay this Saturday (if we win!)
    A night game would definitely mean “1 man & his dog” would be there from Harrogate!
    It will be a tough game against Hyde though so get your mates down Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday!!!!
    Come on Town!!!!!

Forever Blue

Post by Forever Blue Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Come on guys if you lose to Hyde tomorrow or wednesday you have a great game to go to on saturday at Chester. We will make you all feel very welcome and there will be a bigger crowd than at Torquay. We look forward to seeing you. PS GOOD LUCK against Hyde.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:29 pm

cheers Blue I will try stay away from those pies though when we visit.

Agh nothing quite like playing the top of league team after a few weeks out of league action!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:Come on guys if you lose to Hyde tomorrow or wednesday you have a great game to go to on saturday at Chester. We will make you all feel very welcome and there will be a bigger crowd than at Torquay. We look forward to seeing you. PS GOOD LUCK against Hyde.

Thanks for the vote of support for the Hyde game. I look forward to the game on Saturday, I just hope that the game is on:

Forever Blue

Post by Forever Blue Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:04 am

What a friendly bunch you Harrogate supporters are. I've heard that if your game is called off tonight it will be played at Harrogate RA ground tomorrow(wed)Is there any truth in this rumour? Being honest I know our game will be called off on sat If you win but I will always support teams from the same league as us being successful in the FA Cup as I believe it shows the strength and high standard of our League competition. We are at Vauxhall Motors tonight and all our 1400 Chester fans will be keeping tabs on score updates from your game. Again very best of luck.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:I've heard that if your game is called off tonight it will be played at Harrogate RA ground tomorrow(wed)Is there any truth in this rumour?

Your source is spot on, it's on the Club Site

Red and Green?

Inspection at 1 this afternoon.

I'm not in Harrogate until this eve so I don't know how the weather is doing - in Shipley it's dry but pretty grey at the mo, looking like there will be a downpour at any moment.

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info and tidying up)
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:30 am

Alight guys first post Smile

Its grey and Windy ATM..... but black rainclouds in the distance Sad
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Please be on! I need a football fix!
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:42 pm

OFF
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Can anyone confirm this? as the website isnt loading up, and there is no answer from the club's phone number.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:52 pm

Back on a slope!
    Shocked
    Railway playing tonight, rain forecast Wednesday!!!
    Could be playing it Sat yet!!!
    Sad

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:07 pm

It is becoming an absolute joke. The club need to sort these pitch problems out sharpish, regardless of cost, or this season will just be a washout. Fans will stay away in droves, the club will lose money, and we will end up in another relegation battle again, but this time, the players wont be to blame.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Don't remember walking under a ladder but website down. MATCH OFF will be at Railway tomorrow.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

An absolute f**king farce..we should just concede the game to Hyde. All we seem to do these days is check to see if a game is on or not and it is really wearing thin!!

Past few seasons our club has been the laughing stock of the league due to performance and now we are a total laughing stock due to the pitch.

Condemn the bloody ground and lets play on the bloody stray!

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:25 pm

£12,500 at stake & we have to play @ Station View!
    Embarassed

Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Club website down, phone off the hook and back on a pitch that has the biggest slope from touchline to touchline. The Chairman, directors, manager, coaches etc are all having a lie down after large quantities of valium!!! We have an FA Cup ghost to bury at Railway tomorrow night. Remember the last time we played at Station View in the FA Cup? Lets bury that ghost and get behind the team. Hyde will take one look at the slope and have kittens at least some of our players have had experience of playing on it. Beesley will run amok. COME ON TOWN. Thanks to the Railway board for allowing us to play on their pitch.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:44 pm

it hasnt even rained for two days Sad
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:15 pm

nztownfan wrote:it hasnt even rained for two days Sad

Maybe not where you are nz Laughing

It certainly has here affraid

Actually I phoned my wife at lunchtime while it was raining in Bradford and she said it WASN'T raining in Harrogate Question

Yes, it's frustrating; yes it might (probably will) have a short term effect on the attendances.

It's unfortunate that the new owners have tried to do something (improve the pitch) which hasn't (yet) worked due to the odds and sods that come with trying to do anything new. Do you remember a wetter period in recent years? If the volume of water we've seen since August had fallen as snow, my house (all 3 stories of it) would have been permanently buried.

It's certainly one part of the jigsaw that Irvine is putting together that I will support because I believe it'll all come good in the end. So, difficult as it will be to get to Railway on Wednesday, I'm not going to criticise this bit. I'm happy with the Chairman's statement.

WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA of what would have happened if the pitch improvements hadn't been instigated. Or perhaps those who are carping about them are experts and have run tests on valid models and simulations so they are certain of the outcome? If so, why didn't they raise objections before the season started?

HOWEVER...the website isn't updated at the time of writing (15.20) and if the comment about the phone being left off the hook is true then it's a pretty poor show and the ubiquitous "Someone" needs to do "Something" to make sure it doesn't happen again.

PS it's on the Hyde website. Picture ain't our ground, but funny nontheless

Water Polo

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Last paragraph (HOWEVER...) then PS added)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:37 am