Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Innocent Bystander
Smelemon
Big Lundy
7 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Harrogate Railway Athletic

Big Lundy

TOWN on TOUR! Harrogate Railway Athletic Empty TOWN on TOUR! Harrogate Railway Athletic

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:23 am

TOWN on TOUR!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Harrogate Railway Athletic (Away) John Smiths Cup Wed Aug 1st 2012 K.O.7:45pm

Predictions:

Contacts/Directions:

Where to eat & drink:

Prices:
    Adults £5
    Senior Citizens £3
    Children U/16 £3

History:

Ground:
    Station View
    Capacity 3,500 of which 300 are seated & 600 are covered
    Record Attendance 3,500 v Bristol City F.A. Cup 2nd Round 2002/03

Last competitive match @ Harrogate Railway Athletic
    30/07/11 John Smiths Cup
    Harrogate Railway Athletic 1 TOWN 1
    Harrogate Railway Athletic win 4-2 on penalties

Harrogate Railway Athletic Forum:

Live match coverage:

Smelemon
    Smelemon

TOWN on TOUR! Harrogate Railway Athletic Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Harrogate Railway Athletic

Post by Smelemon Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:05 pm

This may seem a bit off topic, but is there any news on when the new kit will be revealed? Our new kit for last season was released in the pre season, is there any news on what kit provider we'll be using, when the kit will actually be revealed, etc? Just curious
    Innocent Bystander

TOWN on TOUR! Harrogate Railway Athletic Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Harrogate Railway Athletic

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Kit available for sale at home game v Alty on 21st of August
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:50 am

Hi all,

We are just waiting for a few little details to be tied up before releasing info/pictures of the new kit.

Hopefully it will be very soon.

Peter
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Would have been nice to see Town get the ball down tonight and play it a bit more, but still a lot of positives to take away. I did however walk away wondering why we didn't release the foul mouthed, bad touch, no skill, Jonny Allan...Hopefully he will prove me wrong but I predict he will receive more red cards than he scores goals this season!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 am

Anyone else go? I couldn't make it as I was delayed (bah! Evil or Very Mad ).
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:24 am

You didn't miss much Dan. Yes we won (avery well worked goal, although I havn't a clue why the free kick was given!), but apart from that not much to shout about. First half was OK and Bolder looks like he will be quality, second half dire, if anything Rail were better. Hard to believe it was the same team I saw on Saturday, back to the bad old days of hoofing it upfield and hoping for the best. Tend to sgree about Allan by the way! Beesley and Chilaka upfront looks the best scenario at the moment. Maybe we need to play on G4 artificial pitches every week!
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 pm

The freeckick was given for a back pass from the defender to the keeper, and I'm agreeing with everything being said here. Some positives can be taken out (at least we won! Rolling Eyes ) however in my opinion it wasn't a very convincing game, we really should have thrashed them. I couldn't even pay attention in the second half, only got a few chances to score and we were average at best in many aspects. Town tend to do this a lot, you get a really inspiring performance (e.g beating corby 6-2 then having an awful run of losses, and in this case the tremendous 5-0 then 8-2 wins) then you find yourself watching a mediocre and hopeless effort. Of course I give my praise that we actually won, these things happen in football, but I was expecting much better from a starting eleven standard Town team. And I am quite confused as to why Weaver keeps taking Chilaka off? I think he is our most capable forward and works really well with Meechan (as I said I agree with everything being said, Jonny Allan just doesn't cut it for me). Oh well, bring on the season, I still believe that a top ten finish is totally realistic, we'll just hae to wait and see
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Only 242 @ Station View!
    Poor crowd that considering we haven’t had a home friendly to watch!
    Where’s Railways new all weather floodlit pitches?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:07 am