Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

CNG Improvements

Innocent Bystander

CNG Improvements Empty CNG Improvements

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:50 pm

What a fantastic win on Saturday! Finishing the season with a 5-0, some well-supported clubs coming up (and down!) and six games unbeaten when the doom-mongers were predicting Town falling through the trap door! In most clubs and organisations it is the people who see the glass full rather than half empty who make the most progress.

What are the CNG ground improvements over the coming weeks? My understanding is:

Levelling of the pitch
    Education Suite opened
    New club shop

What else is planned? Would be great to start the 2012-13 season with a revamped CNG!
    Big Lundy

CNG Improvements Empty Re: CNG Improvements

Post by Big Lundy Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:09 pm

When the pitch is leveller the view from the main stand & sponsors stand will be good!
    The other 3 sides unfortunately have a poor view unless you are stood right up against the perimeter fence!
    The terracing we do have is not steep enough!
    We have planning permission for a new terraced stand down the Wetherby Road side!
    If it happens this will be built @ the end of next season!
    We used to have an old wooden stand behind the goal @ the Lancaster Park Road end of the ground!
    If you could build a large covered terrace there, increase the height of the terracing in front of the changing rooms with a new higher a deeper roof; extend the main stand & sponsors stand, build another 2 turnstiles, provide separate toilets, food outlet, entrance & exit for a segregated area for away fans (tricky?) & boost your capacity to 4,000!
    You might be able to stay in the Conference Premier!
    It would make it an atmospheric little ground with a few thousand in that’s for sure!
    Long term project that though & you are unlikely to get planning permission to do it!

crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:00 pm

So i take it then (Innocent Bystander) that from your post you are happy with the way the season panned out! Trust me i am not a doom monger er, i was calling it as i saw it, ten games back we were s**t! and yes even though Town have stayed up which i am really pleased that they have managed to stay up, as i to think that next season could be really entertaining with some decent clubs and some extra away fans arriving at the CNG, BUT as i have mentioned on another thread i really don;t feel that any progress has been made at all!! But thats just my opinion!! as you are entitled to yours.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm

crowbar6753 wrote:So i take it then (Innocent Bystander) that from your post you are happy with the way the season panned out! Trust me i am not a doom monger er, i was calling it as i saw it, ten games back we were s**t! and yes even though Town have stayed up which i am really pleased that they have managed to stay up, as i to think that next season could be really entertaining with some decent clubs and some extra away fans arriving at the CNG, BUT as i have mentioned on another thread i really don;t feel that any progress has been made at all!! But thats just my opinion!! as you are entitled to yours.

Crowbar, well said. Other people on this forum would do well to take note of this (mentioning no names, but I will be watching peoples posts very carefully)
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Yes - really pleased with the way that the season has panned out, BSN is a tough and unforgiving league and Hgte have done well to stay in it, making progress off the pitch. I live in the south and can only get to some away games (Histon, Stortford, Worcester, Gloucester) - but I work with outstanding sports clubs (inc the world's best rugby league club) and there are some good things happening at Harrogate with a more professional approach. To have a club punching above it's weight in non-league football with sound finances is an achievement, it will be an exciting pre-season and 2012-13 cannot come soon enough!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:50 am