Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Improvements to communication - the phone

Improvements to communication - the phone Empty Improvements to communication - the phone

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:03 am

As someone who has almost zero interest in facebook, I thought it may be worth highlighting another means of communication, it’s called the phone.  I find the phone (either landline or mobile) an extremely useful way of communicating with other people.  Better still (and not everyone may be aware of this) but the phone can even be utilised to book away travel too.  I do wonder Ged whether the club could do more to publicise the phone to other town supporters – do let me know what you think?  I’ve utilised the phone (both landline and mobile) on various occasions and enjoyed great success with it.  I recently used the phone to establish whether other good friends of mine would be attending the game against Boston and they responded that they would.  Incredible really.

TS

Ps – if you haven’t already don’t forget to vote for away travel appearing in a separate section.  It really is quite boring.

Improvements to communication - the phone Empty Re: Improvements to communication - the phone

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:00 pm

It's ok TS. We have a new, lively, happy home, free from trolls. If anyone had a issue with the Facebook Group, I knew it would be you. Whoever you are. Shortly be leaving this forum, because I am tired of all the negative and pointless rants you post. I don't care about a fixed result, we have a happy home and it's going very well thankyou. Feel free to roam the Forum and do your usual vents on the Club. I dont want to be a witness to any of it anymore. Opinions are one thing, but you seem to be driven by a agenda. I have no time for that. Bye bye.

Improvements to communication - the phone Empty Re: Improvements to communication - the phone

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:34 pm

CraigHurle wrote:It's ok TS. We have a new, lively, happy home, free from trolls. If anyone had a issue with the Facebook Group, I knew it would be you. Whoever you are. Shortly be leaving this forum, because I am tired of all the negative and pointless rants you post. I don't care about a fixed result, we have a happy home and it's going very well thankyou. Feel free to roam the Forum and do your usual vents on the Club. I dont want to be a witness to any of it anymore. Opinions are one thing, but you seem to be driven by a agenda. I have no time for that. Bye bye.

I take it from that then that you won't be supportive of my new 'phone a friend' iniative that i'm hopng to setup?

I've supported the club for 25 years, attended midweek games, weekend games, travelled with the players to the likes of Radcliffe Borough and Winsford United, often getting trounched then doing it all over again at the weekend. I've supported the club when it barely had a pot to pi$$ in because the club was paying off a loan it could barely afford which was taken out to fund the main stand. For my 10th birthday, my favourite player, Jim Wright attended my football party and helped out as referee, I've also done work experience as a 16 year old, helping out phil atha and alf dunnington, painting goalposts and assisting with general repairs. I've still the autographs of all the players i got to sign on a scrap piece of paper in 1990 when i joined the players on the coach to an away game. I've supported the team when we were cr%p and i've supported the team when we've been doing well. Some agree with what i say, many don't, frankly i don't care.

In 25 years when you've experienced anything like the above then please feel free to come back to me.

TS
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:17 pm

well said  cheers 

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 pm

town supporter wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:It's ok TS. We have a new, lively, happy home, free from trolls. If anyone had a issue with the Facebook Group, I knew it would be you. Whoever you are. Shortly be leaving this forum, because I am tired of all the negative and pointless rants you post. I don't care about a fixed result, we have a happy home and it's going very well thankyou. Feel free to roam the Forum and do your usual vents on the Club. I dont want to be a witness to any of it anymore. Opinions are one thing, but you seem to be driven by a agenda. I have no time for that. Bye bye.

I take it from that then that you won't be supportive of my new 'phone a friend' iniative that i'm hopng to setup?

I've supported the club for 25 years, attended midweek games, weekend games, travelled with the players to the likes of Radcliffe Borough and Winsford United, often getting trounched then doing it all over again at the weekend.  I've supported the club when it barely had a pot to pi$$ in because the club was paying off a loan it could barely afford which was taken out to fund the main stand.  For my 10th birthday, my favourite player, Jim Wright attended my football party and helped out as referee, I've also done work experience as a 16 year old, helping out phil atha and alf dunnington, painting goalposts and assisting with general repairs.  I've still the autographs of all the players i got to sign on a scrap piece of paper in 1990 when i joined the players on the coach to an away game.  I've supported the team when we were cr%p and i've supported the team when we've been doing well.  Some agree with what i say, many don't, frankly i don't care.

In 25 years when you've experienced anything like the above then please feel free to come back to me.  

TS

I've experienced similar if thats what you are asking with my local side in Leeds, supporting Sheepscar WMC and trying to get a football side going. But I am sorry, but everything I see from you lately is so negative and its gets very hard to read. I knew, just knew, the one person who would attack the Facebook Group would be you, and you've proven me right. If you are so so supportive of the Harrogate Town, why do you feel the need to attack others on here? Why go put on another display of trolling against the FB Group when all we are doing is bringing people together, plus not hiding behind a username, people know each other from the off and everyone recongises each other from the recent away travel.

I am not questioning your support of Harrogate Town, but I am questioning why you feel the need to put others down for trying to get something postive going. I've been supporting clubs for 25 years too, and believe me, I've attended games when theres only been just me and my mate, who sadly died recently last year of cancer.

As soon as the FB group posts went up, I actually counted down the hours until I knew you would come up with your own unique response.

Its not about how long you've supported a team, if you say you do, I believe you, but let others get on with supporting the team to the best they can as well. Stop slamming others for it. My son has been bullied for supporting Harrogate Town and it was Simon Weaver and the players, Irving, Tad, Etc who rallied round and brought the smile back to him.

I love this club with all my heart and I always will. If the FB Group isnt for you, fine. But dont diss it for dissing sakes. it's shows your true colours and its a very dark place.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:44 pm

If you want to talk to me on Facebook, I am more than happy to talk to you on there. if not, I am sorry am done here, you made me feel so unwelcome and I have learnt the hard way how this forum isnt for me, because people like you and DK and others, seem to be either one or the same person, and I do not know who I am talking to. That alarms me greatly. I might be fairly new to the forum, and I know from people messaging me, that this isnt the first time this has happened, when people feel the need to leave, because of you. I dont feel welcome, I feel its too hostile in here. We all have big opinions, but with me, no agenda, with you? I dont know. Perhaps. Either way. You have your forum. I have the FB group. Let them both get the best out of Harrogate Town fandom. Goodbye.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:51 pm

I think that you are taking Town Supporter's posts a touch too seriously and personally Craig. Live and let live. We ALL want the club to do well. That's the bottom line and at times we all talk a wee bit too much out of our own. Most of the supporters who come on here don't have the time to count down the hours waiting for replies from other posters. I'm starting a new topic about the tactics used in Saturday's away match at BPA. Please feel free to talk about FOOTBALL. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Ball and Socket wrote:I think that you are taking Town Supporter's posts a touch too seriously and personally Craig. Live and let live.  

Yes, just a bit!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:04 pm

Ball and Socket wrote: I'm starting a new topic about the tactics used in Saturday's away match at BPA.  

That should be a short post then!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:18 pm

How far would your long throw go TS. Maybe you and Craig could have a competition???

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:43 pm

No, its ok, am done with the forum. I'd rather I know who I am talking to, and no, I am not taking TS posts too seriously, because they arent worth taking any notice of to be honest if recent posts are anything to go by.

At least, on the FB Group, we know who is who, and not hiding behind a username to bash others.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:17 am

Come on Craig, a forum is (the clue is in the name) a forum for discussion, debate, disagreement (sometimes), 'banter' (not my favourite word to be honest!), sometimes serious issues need to be addressed. We had that very unfortunate incident earlier in the season, and it was surely only the concentrated response of fans that led to an eventual sorting out of the situation. That is now history (alrthough it may yet come back to bite us!).

At the moment Town are doing great and I'm happy as a sandboy (whatever that means), but I reserve the right to criticise in the future if things start going pear-shaped. Good luck with the facebook page, although it sounds incredibly boring ('arn't we all wonderful, doesn't that drum make a lot of noise' etc. etc.) I like a bit of grit in my oyster (not that I like oysters at all), so long may TS thrive...I'm actually starting to miss Dark Knight...I'd better keep taking the tablets.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:21 pm

i miss DK ,if you are reading this forum DK and i guess you do think about coming back its getting a bit boring on here

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:23 pm

paulstreet wrote:Good luck with the facebook page, although it sounds incredibly boring ('arn't we all wonderful, doesn't that drum make a lot of noise' etc. etc.)  I like a bit of grit in my oyster (not that I like oysters at all), so long may TS thrive...I'm actually starting to miss Dark Knight...I'd better keep taking the tablets.

You know, if thats your opinion of the FB Group, its a badly formed opinion based on not actually being a member to see the posts? thankfully, noticed you have joined this morning? so welcome and you will see how wrong you was. Self congratulating? I actually do not know how opening a FB group would lead to such negative opinions from certain quarters on here. Personally, for me, I love to know who I am talking to, and I'm happy to know everyone whose joined so far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 am