Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

The New Forum

TheTown
    TheTown

The New Forum Empty The New Forum

Post by TheTown Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:10 am

I dont post on here much anymore as dont really think the Weaver merry go round of players, the results, performances and general feeling around the club is worth post aboout, and to be honest there isn't really much to say with people disappearing from the ground and on here.

But I was happy when this forum was initially set up as I had had enough of the tripe spat out on the other one with spammers and idiots joining and posting a few stupid comments and the moderators doing nothing. BRM and Tommo were over this on this one and just seemed more reasoned debate on here from genuine Town fans. Also the general feeling of not being one of the 'in' people on the other one was frustrating a lot of people new each other in real life and if you didnt agree with them you just usually got abuse.

Anyway saying that this forum is turning into that. HTFCalex, YoungStato123, cueball and weusedtobegood i dont know how old you are but a lot of your posts recently have been quite childish and you all seem to know each other:

Also i have been a long tim reader and that youngstatto12 is full of s**t affraid

Also I'm not head of the anti-Weaver brigade but I'm certainley not his biggest fan and would like him out of the club. However we've always managed to have reasoned debate on here but posts like this:

totally agree mate can't stand the ginger twat i think i could easily do a better job he should be looking at signing from local clubs as harrogate has plently of junior talent

are immature and pathetic. Yes he's done a bad job but there's no need to get personal and abusive to a point it will offend others.

As with the Gonzalez situation remember there are always two sides to a story and if, as it seems to be, you speak to them on facebook or in person and hear something then the club or Weaver will have there side. This isn't like football manager or professional football, players are mainly on non contract terms and there are lots of transfers in non league with players turning out for different clubs - Trevor Benjamin being the classic. Im not saying your wrong, if you are right and sticking up for him then fair play, but 'fucking' and 'bastards' on a forum arent going to do a lot are they? Go to the club if you are so pissed off. On the very rare occassions Alan does post or you read in the programme they encourage you to go down to the ground or give him a call, I suggest you to it and ask what the situation is and why there has been no official club line on it.

As for BRM, hopefully you havent handed over all your admin responsibilities yet as you shouldn't leave because of a couple of pathetic comments. I'm all for free speech but you should be able to just delete some of the stuff thats crap on here, if I was a MOD, which I'd do, I would certainley get rid of some of the useless stuff.

Anyway rant over and can we try and have a fresh start and return to the decent forum it was set up as and was for a while and get away from where it's going at the moment.
    Admin
    Admin

The New Forum Empty Re: The New Forum

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:20 am

In regards to this post and with what has been going on I have decided to lock the previous topics where there has been bad language and insults toward the manager. If you wish to insult anyone please do so elsewhere. It will no longer be tolerated on this forum.

You are all welcome to your opinion but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.

Many thanks

Tommo

j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am

Well said! lets hope we can get back to talking about the teams peformances in games instead of things outside of football. If what did happen to Gonzalez did happen its personal to him and Weaver, if he has a problem it should be dealt with at the club internally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:23 pm