Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Dan
TheTown
Big Red Machine
sulphurite
8 posters

Thanks for the new forum

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Thanks for the new forum Empty Thanks for the new forum

Post by sulphurite Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Looking really good.

Have the usual non league forums and clubs been informed of this new site?
    Really think it should be publicised, the old forum should be wound up in my opinion, it just got far too silly.

Anyway, good job.

Looking forward to the new season... COME ON TOWN Basketball

Last edited by sulphurite on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : formatting)

Thanks for the new forum Empty Re: Thanks for the new forum

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:46 pm

here here, very refreshing.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Feel free to publicise it all you want!
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:06 pm

How about a link on harrogatetown.com?! Surely the best place to publicise?!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:18 pm

Mark (who does the website) has a policy of not linking to unofficial forums, and to be fair after the mess that yabbers became (a long time ago!) who can blame him!

However if we show that we can behave ourselevs (especially if Simon and Kevin come on here to post) who knows!
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:06 am

Lets all be nice and bum the club for a few months until we get on then!

No Im just joking, I agree with him Yabbers became a joke and d***head Railway fans and 15 year olds ruined what was for the most part a pretty decent forum. This one is already though looks smarter, has better chat and surely with Big Red and is it tommo the other moderator, then we will be able to kick these idiots out
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:12 am

Yes it is Tommo and myself.

All we really want is a forum for sensible debate (dosen't everyone Question )
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:42 am

Decent football and proper football chat all round. Surely its only a matter of time then before we're linked to the official site!
    Dan

Post by Dan Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:38 pm

well i wasnt on the old forum dunno why but i should of been, but this forum looks more professional.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:46 am

Excellent new forum, a breath of fresh air, just like what is happening to the team...I'm struggling trying to remember all these new names! Very exciting nonetheless. The Dave Syers business is slightly odd, since I thought he was signed after the budget cuts etc. announced. It could be that Simon wants to have a team composed entirely of his choices, which is fair enough. Delighted to see that Simon Sturdy is coming back. We seem strong on defenders and midfielders at the moment, only one striker (Olly Ryan) who is stepping up a couple of leagues. In the past couple of years we have struggled to score goals and that is my only concern at the moment. I also think that we are going to need a pretty busy pre-season friendly programme, just to enable all these new players to get to know each other, how they play etc. Not to mention us fans having about 16 or 17 new faces to remember!
    Can't remember when I last felt so excited about a new season, lets just hope the club are sensible (please!) about pricing policy this year.
    Great new forum BRM and Tommo, lets hope we will have plenty of Town victories to talk about in the coming months. Smile
    bilton

Post by bilton Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:58 pm

personaly,i enjoyed the yabbers site.just becsuse a few people got a bit silly with the postings everybodys up in arms slagging it off...it provided valuable info to fans at the time,with light harted banter....at the time it was needed coz we had nothing else,lets not judge,and see what wolfman comes up with....tommmo how you doinnnn....crusty..... Cool
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:46 pm

bilton wrote:personaly,i enjoyed the yabbers site.just becsuse a few people got a bit silly with the postings everybodys up in arms slagging it off...it provided valuable info to fans at the time,with light harted banter....at the time it was needed coz we had nothing else,lets not judge,and see what wolfman comes up with....tommmo how you doinnnn....crusty..... Cool

The Old Forum got "far too silly" for a lot of people and now it really is time for something new and well moderated.

I wish Tommo and Pete all the best for this New forum and if I can help out in any way I will do.

Cheers. Laughing
    Fred

Post by Fred Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:38 pm

paulstreet wrote:Excellent new forum, a breath of fresh air, just like what is happening to the team...I'm struggling trying to remember all these new names! Very exciting nonetheless. The Dave Syers business is slightly odd, since I thought he was signed after the budget cuts etc. announced. It could be that Simon wants to have a team composed entirely of his choices, which is fair enough. Delighted to see that Simon Sturdy is coming back. We seem strong on defenders and midfielders at the moment, only one striker (Olly Ryan) who is stepping up a couple of leagues. In the past couple of years we have struggled to score goals and that is my only concern at the moment. I also think that we are going to need a pretty busy pre-season friendly programme, just to enable all these new players to get to know each other, how they play etc. Not to mention us fans having about 16 or 17 new faces to remember!
    Can't remember when I last felt so excited about a new season, lets just hope the club are sensible (please!) about pricing policy this year.
    Great new forum BRM and Tommo, lets hope we will have plenty of Town victories to talk about in the coming months. Smile

Any more predictions?

It was all 'Simon' then wasn't it?

Remember 'Neil'?

I was heavily criticised (as expected) when I drew attention to the way Neil Aspin was forced out of the club.

Still, that's what a lot of fans wanted and you cannot turn the clock back now.

At the start of the 2008-09 season you and others were claiming it was the best Town side ever. That didn't happen by chance.

Cheers

Fred
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:58 am

Fred wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:Excellent new forum, a breath of fresh air, just like what is happening to the team...I'm struggling trying to remember all these new names! Very exciting nonetheless. The Dave Syers business is slightly odd, since I thought he was signed after the budget cuts etc. announced. It could be that Simon wants to have a team composed entirely of his choices, which is fair enough. Delighted to see that Simon Sturdy is coming back. We seem strong on defenders and midfielders at the moment, only one striker (Olly Ryan) who is stepping up a couple of leagues. In the past couple of years we have struggled to score goals and that is my only concern at the moment. I also think that we are going to need a pretty busy pre-season friendly programme, just to enable all these new players to get to know each other, how they play etc. Not to mention us fans having about 16 or 17 new faces to remember!

Any more predictions?

Remember 'Neil'?

I was heavily criticised (as expected) when I drew attention to the way Neil Aspin was forced out of the club.

At the start of the 2008-09 season you and others were claiming it was the best Town side ever. That didn't happen by chance.

Cheers

Fred

I predict Fred will become a twat!

Oh, I was right lol!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:21 am

Sulphurite - loving your profile picture.

What better way to get in the mood? Laughing
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Johnny wrote:Sulphurite - loving your profile picture.

What better way to get in the mood? Laughing

Already looking forward to next season, no matter who is managing or who plays, Come On Town Shocked
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:14 am

I still call him Simon Fred, unless I am really really fed up! And yes I WAS excited at the start of the season: I did feel that Neil Aspin had taken us as far as he could. I don't think anyone could have predicted the melt-down that happened this season.
    I'm reconciled to Simon staying next season now (and, as I have said, I'm sure he is a nice guy, and I want him to succeed). We have the nucleus of a decent team now, and yes come July when I get back from my hols and the friendlies start I shall be excited AGAIN!
    Fred

Post by Fred Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:03 pm

sulphurite wrote:
    Fred wrote:

Any more predictions?

Remember 'Neil'?

Cheers

Fred

I predict Fred will become a twat!

Oh, I was right lol!

This is a good example how this forum has degenerated into petty, mindless abuse.

Still, there are plenty of people who find this stuff funny, like our friend from Grimsby for example.

Cheers

Fred
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Yes, time to close this thread as it appears to have run its course!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:22 pm