Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
A1 drifter
GARAGE
Surplus
7 posters

Brackley at home

GARAGE

Brackley at home  Empty Brackley at home

Post by GARAGE Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Could have easily fallen asleep the 1st half but very slightly better 2nd half. Brackley a far better team on the day and should have had more goals. Team selection very strange and we did improve when the subs came on giving us the team that should have started.
    What is going on in the ground with all the restrictions to free movement in a non segregated game? I think we need another club statement to explain the situation. We do not get this in a majority of away grounds.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Brackley at home  Empty Re: Brackley at home

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm

The jobsworths have taken over with a vengeance and I bet they are loving it. They have a whole football club to play with. SW whinging about injuries again, yet left two of his best players on the bench and a quality player (Brooksby) is back from loan and appears to have disappeared into the Bermuda Triangle. I'm not sure I have ever felt so fed up as a Town fan. I could barely clap Leesleys goal. How has it come to this? Any answers out there?
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:16 pm

The ground arrangements were instigated and ordered by the council. Don't comply, potentially get shut down. The club need to clarify the issue. On the pitch, why not try players out like Day and Porrit.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Do Railway and the rugby club have to conform also.
    Seen enough of Day now to conclude he's no where near ready yet but still need to see Porritt more.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Not impressed with Day, I'm afraid. Shows eagerness but too easily pushed aside. Didn't see him win a single header today.

If we are down to the bare bones where are Brooksby and Chib?
    Blinker

Post by Blinker Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:46 pm

I really wish Simon would not keep bleating on about injuries and having to put out a so called second string out on the pitch. He quite rightly has expectations of the players, but they also deserve not to be labelled as second best when things don't go our way. It's a squad game and if Simon thinks that some players he has to pick from the squad are not good enough, he shouldn't have signed them in the first place, should have used them more effectively throughout the season or should have coached them better. We have not been particularly good for a few weeks for a variety of reasons - that's why we are in the league position we are in. I would like him to get behind the team (whoever plays,) for the last two games and look forward to putting things right for next season.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:56 pm

Day sadly nowhere near good enough. Simon has no option but to continually make excuses because the one issue he can not allow to be raised is his manifest incompetence. It does not help that we have a chairman/owner who never speaks to the fans. Not to mention a Director of Communication who never communicates. I mean its utterly farcical.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Health & Safety!
    Stockport County fans @ Bradford Park Avenue yesterday!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Laughing
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:08 pm

I can see the need for strong stewarding when the likes of Halifax and Stockport come but do we really need night club bouncer types parading round the ground when it's Brackley? For the first time in my 4 years as a Town supporter I felt unwelcome and wished I'd stayed at home.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:56 am

How many Brackley fans were there? 10/15 at most. The Kop was virtually deserted in the first half.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:59 am

Nice one Big Lundy! At least it looks like they are having fun! Forgotten what that feels like at the CNG.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:46 pm