Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Big Lundy
WGHT
Blinker
GARAGE
fulhamphoenix
Surplus
Top Cat
Wetherby Mike
kpgduras
13 posters

AFC Fylde Saturday

AFC Fylde Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: AFC Fylde Saturday

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Really good performance by Town. Defence could have been a bit tighter but our loss of 2 points was down to the Ref.
    The link up play by Ainge - credit where its due for the switch - was top class and that's not even talking about his goals. One worry - JP.....know he has been out for a bit but coupled with his slow down in form prior to the stupid red he got his form seems to have slumped - the sitter was on a plate for him.
    You don't mind dropping points like that just annoying when you factor in the Altrincham and Trinity results. Would have been right up in it if not - suspect the league actually isn't as good as we thought it would be at the start of the season. Some terrible form by teams at the top so would have been catchable.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:18 pm

It IS frustrating. We could so easily have been right in the mix for the play offs, as it is it remains a long shot. We were definitely 'robbed' of 2 more points on Saturday. It really annoys me that refs suffer no consequences for decisions that can effectively ruin a team's whole season. They say it evens itself out, but that is not much comfort to me at the moment! I have to disagree about JP. I thought he was superb when he came on, how he wins those headers from guys much bigger than him is amazing. I don't remember the missed sitter. I hope Simon starts him with Ainge on Saturday. I must confess I am not a great fan of Swain up front, we need JP's skill (and he scores goals!). So please Simon, Ainge and JP upfront on Saturday!

Could have a tasty midfield next season: Kerry, Agnew and Thanoj.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Swain will probably not be fit for Sat so JP could start. Personally I would give Day a start, he has pace and scores goals. Could be the right time to give him some more experience at this level
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:56 pm

JP and Ainge with Day on as an impact sub later in the game. Hopefully those two will have done the damage by then. Thought JP was a class apart with his touches. Gets the ball and then releases it quickly to get in a better position/take the opposing play out or play one of ours in. Clever player and leaps like a salmon. Really nice guy as well. Still say we need a real quality striker brought in, maybe someone quick to play off either of our current two for 17/18.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Great credit from there manager.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Good interview

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content