Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
yorkiebar
A1 drifter
NOT YOU
Barrowfan
GARAGE
9 posters

FYLDE SATURDAY

GARAGE

FYLDE SATURDAY Empty FYLDE SATURDAY

Post by GARAGE Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:37 am

Any comments
    Barrowfan

FYLDE SATURDAY Empty Re: FYLDE SATURDAY

Post by Barrowfan Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:01 am

Praying that you guys can do Barrow a favour and come away with something against Fylde on Saturday.

The team you have is more than capable, especially given the results we had against you ealier in the season.

Who would you rather won the title?

Im hoping you guys can make it up next year. Good team, good fans and great fish and chips on away days!

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:32 am

Barrowfan wrote:Praying that you guys can do Barrow a favour and come away with something against Fylde on Saturday.

The team you have is more than capable, especially given the results we had against you ealier in the season.

Who would you rather won the title?

Im hoping you guys can make it up next year. Good team, good fans and great fish and chips on away days!

I am hoping Barrow go up as from a selfish point of view, I want to stay in Blackpool again next season for Fylde away.

Whilst this is a nothing game for us, league wise, the XI Town players on the pitch tomorrow will want to win.

We seem to up our game against the better teams and can see us getting a point or three tomorrow.
    NOT YOU

Post by NOT YOU Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:50 am

Embarassed WEll w Twisted Evil hos going today last one at home thank f ..k
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Fylde looked a very good team today.
    The substitutions by management were poor today. We cannot always keep using young small kids. Too many long punts upfield today. We need to not give the ball away and go back to building from the back. Have the players noticed that Jack Emmett will not win the ball in the air. Sorry Simon but you got it wrong today
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:02 pm

I thought Fylde were one of the best sides we have seen at the CNG this season - dangerous in the final third and didn't panic when they went a goal down but went about things methodically. No idea why the ref gave 4 minutes extra time at the end of the first half but in that period we went from one up to one down.

Clayts (brave as ever) used four different shirts during the match. Can this be a Conference North record?
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:11 am

maybe it was the changeing of shirts that made up the 4 minutes, !!!. woeful defending, let 4 goals in and give a defender man-of-match,
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:46 am

For me,it was a classic case of why one team is at the top and another struggling to be at halfway. Fylde were far the better team,even though it was an even match upto the 20 minute mark. Town were limited to counter attacking and never looked like getting back into the game.
    Towns play was reminiscent of the first half of the season when they attracted so much criticism,devoid of ideas and tactics.To be honest,we were outplayed.
    We can only hope that next season,Simon will have learnt from his first 5 years ( although I doubt he will) and we see something different.
    Have a good summer everyone !

Last edited by wetherby58 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:45 am

Absolute garbage from a team that has not got a clue, defending was a joke and to think after five years this is where we are a third rate team managed by a clueless manager, oh well more of the same next season and yes a defender man of the match you got to be joking
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:18 am

Well, we were competitive for 25 minutes, then they took control. Has as been said, they are an excellent side. No excuses, they fully deserved to win, but you do wonder where the ref got 4 minutes of added time in the first half. 1-0 at half time, who knows?
    Nonetheless, a wake up call for next season. I like these youngsters but really can't see us being better than mid table as things stand. Agree with Garage re: too much reliance on 'little guys'. Its a big, tough league. Are Thewlis and Clayton going to score 30 goals between them next season? Afraid I can't see it (and I do like them both!). We must hope that Gascoigne comes back the same player he was before the injury, could make a huge difference. And I think we DO need to try and hold on to Walshaw, doubt it will happen though.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:31 pm

I think, had something been riding on the game, we would have done a lot better on Saturday. Too many players had off days and looked like they were on their summer holidays.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:15 pm

JordanF wrote:I think, had something been riding on the game, we would have done a lot better on Saturday. Too many players had off days and looked like they were on their summer holidays.  

So playing for the fans who have supported them all season was not an incentive for them then Jordan?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:51 am

ultimate warrior wrote:
    JordanF wrote:I think, had something been riding on the game, we would have done a lot better on Saturday. Too many players had off days and looked like they were on their summer holidays.  

So playing for the fans who have supported them all season was not an incentive for them then Jordan?

Got to agree with UW there. These players should be putting 100% into each and every game, regardless of whether something is riding on the game, or not. After all, they are being paid to play football and we are the ones who part with our hard earned money to watch them, week in, week out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:40 am