Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+18
kirkhamwesham
trevdee
paulstreet
CCOB
A1 drifter
Mike of Wetherby
fulhamphoenix
sagalout
Surplus
Chips97
GARAGE
Admin
boselecta
TheNeil29
gedmaloney
Tommyb123
Townfan
Big Lundy
22 posters

Flyde in the playoffs- #wegoagain but better!

trevdee
    trevdee

Flyde in the playoffs- #wegoagain but better! - Page 5 Empty Re: Flyde in the playoffs- #wegoagain but better!

Post by trevdee Sun May 08, 2016 8:39 pm

We were unlucky today but the best team won over the two legs........Just want to say this season has been fantastic, very proud of the team and the fans alike...Just want to give a big shout out to Jordan for making the travel happen!!
    boselecta

Flyde in the playoffs- #wegoagain but better! - Page 5 Empty Re: Flyde in the playoffs- #wegoagain but better!

Post by boselecta Sun May 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Dave Challinor thoughts.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sun May 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Who needs the Prem.anyway. Salford, Altrincham, Darlington, Halifax, Kidderminster, Stockport, FC United, Boston, Nuneaton, BPA (only joking), that'll do me nicely, thank you very much. Eat your heart out Guisely!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun May 08, 2016 9:03 pm

We will soon learn of the aspirations of the club in the ritual merry-go-round of players in/out.
    kirkhamwesham

Post by kirkhamwesham Sun May 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Surplus, do you think you'd have got 1,700 in a location like KP? Did you not see the state of the surrounding roads with the car park being so small?
    Did you see any streets?
    Did you see any public transport?
    What about a train station?
    Did you see anyone walking down Bryning Lane (no foot paths)?
    There's a reason we're moving to Wesham.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sun May 08, 2016 9:25 pm

Thought I'd post the NFU v Boston goals.If only..

Last edited by boselecta on Sun May 08, 2016 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistake.)
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun May 08, 2016 9:30 pm

TBH I'd thought you would have kirkham, for the reasons I outlined. Also hope you go up as it will kickstart the move to wesham and should showcase an excellent new ground. Staying up might be more tricky but I suppose you just enjoy the ride whilst it lasts!

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 1:54 pm

Match sounded a much, much better effort. Good to go out like that in a way, just a shame, as a few have said, that the tie was lost on Wednesday. Think the headline in the Advertiser from Simon says it all. We were literally 2 players short of a promotion winning side. That said I still think 4th place is about where the club should be finishing given the personnel and budget at play. However, this season will be noted for the continued way the club has changed off it and the real buzz on occasions that we have had at Wetherby Road. Excited for next season, if a little nervous given the calibre of teams likely challenging, so the squad will need to improve and certainly in one area of the team that Weaver refers to.

Chances of Brendon staying anyone? 5%?
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Mon May 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Agreed carefree, my wishlist would be around 5-6 new players of high calibre in various positions to make it a competition for places and force everyone up a level and also give the squad some depth and allow for changes in formation and tactics. Hope Brendan does stay, maybe if he see's the aspirations of the club through the recruitment strategy and a good offer is made. Lot of love from the terraces for him, and again it would be a statement of intent if we kept him!
    paulkirkwood

Post by paulkirkwood Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 am

Here is my report and some pics of what it was like to be at Fylde on Sunday. Such a pity about the result but a great day out nonetheless. Town really are a club on the up.

Paul.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue May 10, 2016 10:28 am

Whilst I agree that most of the squad deserve to stay for another season, its pretty clear that the league next season could be, at least, 20% stronger. The five new teams are all either ambitious or well funded (or both!), we have Boston and Nuneaton (full time next season I believe). Telford and Tamworth are both teams with pedigree, Chorley are ambitious. FC United clearly have huge potential with their support, Stockport County surely have to 'get it right' in our league sooner or later and either Fylde or Ferriby will still be with us. That makes 13 potentially very strong teams. We have lost 3 make weights, and, altho' things may change it looks like only a handful of 'weak' teams are going to be left: Worcester, Trinity (Dom Roma now their manager!), BPA (hopefully!), Gloucester.

Which means I think (I'll get there in the end), that I agree with surplus we probably DO need 6 or 7 new players if we are serious about competing in this non-league 'Super League' (and honestly it is!), next season. Its stating the bleedin' obvious but this close season we really do need to acquire TWO quality strikers and just hope and pray they don't turn out to be duds like so many have in the past (Walshaw, Brayson etc.).

Still think Chilaka is worth getting in. He won't make headlines but he will get you 12/15 goals a season, could have done with that this year eh? My other favourite is Graeme Armstrong of Darlington, maybe getting on a bit now.

Its going to be a fantastic league next season. Imagine the attendances when Fc United play Salford and they both play Altrincham. There will be loads of plus 1000 gates next year.

So, very exciting, but we cannot stand still.

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 10:54 am

Great post PaulStreet.

Love the non league Super League label. There will be possibly three teams getting 3k+ with Darlo moving home and getting on for half will be 1000+ regularly.

We haven't counted on BPA's Texas millionaire backer having an impact maybe as well?

Does anyone know if any of the players were on a 2 year deal this season? Also, did the club make any efforts to sign Daniels up on an extended, new deal at any point this season. Could have been a good way to get some transfer revenue in - for the initial outlay if signing him on seems a bit of a miss as he likely could have gone for a decent transfer fee for our level.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue May 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Totally agree Paul. We've got 16/17 season to get it right and continue to build on the solid foundations that were put down from this season, both on and off the pitch.
    I think SW is spot on when he talks about not ripping it up, but instead reflecting, then addressing and finally progressing, with greater skill and depth to the squad, increasing competition for places and also developing the club off the pitch so that at the end of 16/17 season we can again look back and track the forward progress made.
    Targets have to be a higher win ratio, increased goal difference, with goals coming from a wider player base in the team and a target of 80 pts, really tough but there should be a relentless focus on grounding out wins so that it becomes second nature.
    The club should also set a target of increasing the gate again, moving to averages of 800+ odd for home games across the season and increasing away support, which will have to partly be down to success on the pitch as well as creative ideas off it.
    Can't wait to hear of developments and let's use the closed season to harness the goodwill and interest shown, keep those 1700 odd fans who came down interested and really put in a promotion chasing effort. Forza town.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Tue May 10, 2016 12:31 pm

With the quality of the teams in our league next year, its going to be a massive achievement to get into the playoffs.Agree we really have to bring in 4/5 top quality players.And in doing so I'd expect some of our current player's leaving.Two players I'd love to see here are Ross Hannah 25 goals for Chester who finished 17th in the National and Tom Denton NFU 6ft7in man mountain.Think it depends with Denton if they miss out next week against Fylde to have any chance of signing him.Hannah wont be cheap but he's deadly in box.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue May 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Omar Bogle has been on the bench a lot at Grimsby was good in this league with Solihull but Denton is a great shout
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue May 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Just been looking at the Leagues for promotions/relegations:

Evo Stik Premier - Darlington and Salford (Come into National North)
    National League - Halifax, Altrincham (definitely) and Kidderminster (i think...come into National North)

They all get really decent crowds as well.

Looking forward to next season already!! I might even be inclined to get a season ticket!!

Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue May 10, 2016 4:04 pm

Yep. I'm up for a season ticket, home kit in Homer Simpson size and might even get a tattoo of the pie hut across my back with the words wegoagain in Roman script put beneath it. Well up for this coming season and hoping this forum doesn't go quiet, it's my only outlet and opportunity to spout complete rubbish (kids would probably disagree with that).
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Tue May 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Thinking about it, we've got our work cut out retaining some players such as Daniels obviously but also Crook, Burrell and Emmett to name but a few!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue May 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Daniels, Crook and Kerry are my main 3 concerns. I could foresee a few National / League 1 & 2 clubs having a look at those 3, but I would advise Crook that the grass isn't always greener on the other side (McGillivray sits on the bench at Walsall as a No. 2). Thise 3 would be a massive loss.

Burrell and Emmett, I'm sure they will be offered deals for next season. If I was Simon, i'd be tying them to 2 year deals.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue May 10, 2016 7:54 pm

I was obviously disappointed that we missed out at the end, but in all honesty I think I'd rather be in the North next season. It's going to be fantastic. I might even get my lazy behind oththe sofa and get to some away games. I'm apublic ttransport man, and Halifax, Alty and Salford easy and Darlington on a direct line from Leeds. Tempting. Lot easier than Fylde last Sunday, I did look, impossible! Did anyone do it by train? Only question is 'what do I do till the preseason starts...nightmare!!
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Tue May 10, 2016 8:04 pm

paulstreet wrote:I was obviously disappointed that we missed out at the end, but in all honesty I think I'd rather be in the North next season. It's going to be fantastic. I might even get my lazy behind oththe sofa and get to some away games. I'm apublic ttransport man, and Halifax, Alty and Salford easy and Darlington on a direct line from Leeds. Tempting. Lot easier than Fylde last Sunday, I did look, impossible! Did anyone do it by train? Only question is 'what do I do till the preseason

starts...nightmare!!

Learn to drive sounds a good idea !
    Problem solved
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue May 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Believe me you would not wish to see behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle! I wouldn't be behind it long. The world is dangerous enough.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed May 11, 2016 7:13 am

Anyone fancy some players. Not sure on pedigree of them but possibly can offer attractive package to attract them inc short commute, town centre full of tea shops and the best support in the league with prospects of playing your old employer in a year anyway.

National League-bound York City have offered new contracts to four players.

Goalkeeper Michael Ingham, 35, defender Dave Winfield, 28, and midfielders Luke Summerfield, 28, and captain Russell Penn, 30, have been offered deals.

George Swan, Femi Ilesanmi, Taron Hare, Josh Carson, Kenny McEvoy, Michael Coulson, Emile Sinclair and Ben Hirst have been released.

Strikers Jake Hyde, 25, and Vadaine Oliver, 24, have been placed on the transfer list.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 11, 2016 10:04 am

Coulson has already gone to St Johnstone. He's the one out of all of them I would have considered.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat May 14, 2016 5:11 pm

1829 gate for North Ferriby v Fylde. Shows how well we did for a midweek turn out of 1700.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:28 am