Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
A1 drifter
TheNeil29
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
GARAGE
kpgduras
10 posters

Current Squad

trevdee
    trevdee

Current Squad - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Squad

Post by trevdee Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Oh and as for doing a better job than Simon - impossible to say and we will never find out, but I wouldn't want it because it is impossible to please everyone.
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:44 pm

I like big butts and I can't deny
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Walshaw runs like a goose
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:01 pm

trevdee wrote:Oh and as for doing a better job than Simon - impossible to say and we will never find out, but I wouldn't want it because it is impossible to please everyone.
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:07 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I had seen Walshaw in more than a few games, quite a few of the 3 appearances he had made, including sub appearances (2 League and 1 Cup). And as I said, there were brilliant for effort levels during the season that have now departed (Lenighan and Speight, to name 2). I was at the Garforth game, funnily enough and I really bother with WRCC ties to be honest, and the attendance spoke volumes (think it was about 90,000ish). Taking also into consideration it was bloody boiling and on a weekend.

Lets be honest, if it was me in charge, i would have made sure it did get to this point for them to start performing over par.

Simon is good enough, and will be for years.

zzzz

Post by zzzz Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Simon weaver for prime minister and head of fifa
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:22 pm

This is why not many people use this grave yard anymore....full of A) moaners  B) people with grudges C) Immature twirps
    zzzz

Post by zzzz Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:16 pm

Meowwww
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:03 am

trevdee wrote:Well the majority of the big buck signings were flops, hence why he turned his attention to young guys, which actually he should have done all along. I would rather see a team of youth who are hungry and willing to learn regardless who their boss is. He should have focussed on this at the start of his managerial career in hindsight, perhaps now he knows his limitations and is building a squad based on those, who knows.......I must admit the same thing keeps getting said about him and it is boring now, no matter what everyone says he wont go anywhere and neither will his dad, so the fans are in a put up or shut up position...Hence why I just go along with no expectations, and enjoy the banter with a lads, so yeah enjoy the hospitality or however TS described it.

I do enjoy it when I go, and the banter is good. I just think for the resources the club has at its disposal, we should be more successful than what we currently are. I lay the blame firmly at Simon's foot for the big money signings becoming flops. They obviously figured him out at an early stage and concluded that he wasn't a good manager and hence, he lost the dressing room. Any other decent experienced manager would have got us promoted with that squad that started last season.

You have played right into their hands by adopting your stance, because that's exactly what they want all the fans to do. Put up or shut up and go along with no expectations.

I will always support Harrogate Town and attend as much as I can. And when we perform good, the credit will be given (Fylde away, I shook Simon's hand and congratulated him). When we perform below par (Fylde home, he got a verbal bashing from behind the dugout, full of expletives), the criticism will be given out in equal measure.

I live in hope that Simon and his dad take their money elsewhere, because it will happen. A lot sooner than people think.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:05 am

trevdee wrote:This is why not many people use this grave yard anymore....full of A) moaners  B) people with grudges C) Immature twirps

I know I come under A at least Laughing pig pig pig

I don't have a grudge against Simon, I just don't think he is the right man to take the club to the next level on the pitch.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:29 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    trevdee wrote:Well the majority of the big buck signings were flops, hence why he turned his attention to young guys, which actually he should have done all along. I would rather see a team of youth who are hungry and willing to learn regardless who their boss is. He should have focussed on this at the start of his managerial career in hindsight, perhaps now he knows his limitations and is building a squad based on those, who knows.......I must admit the same thing keeps getting said about him and it is boring now, no matter what everyone says he wont go anywhere and neither will his dad, so the fans are in a put up or shut up position...Hence why I just go along with no expectations, and enjoy the banter with a lads, so yeah enjoy the hospitality or however TS described it.

I do enjoy it when I go, and the banter is good. I just think for the resources the club has at its disposal, we should be more successful than what we currently are. I lay the blame firmly at Simon's foot for the big money signings becoming flops. They obviously figured him out at an early stage and concluded that he wasn't a good manager and hence, he lost the dressing room. Any other decent experienced manager would have got us promoted with that squad that started last season.

You have played right into their hands by adopting your stance, because that's exactly what they want all the fans to do. Put up or shut up and go along with no expectations.

I will always support Harrogate Town and attend as much as I can. And when we perform good, the credit will be given (Fylde away, I shook Simon's hand and congratulated him). When we perform below par (Fylde home, he got a verbal bashing from behind the dugout, full of expletives), the criticism will be given out in equal measure.

I live in hope that Simon and his dad take their money elsewhere, because it will happen. A lot sooner than people think.

Well said
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:36 pm

town supporter wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:

Well said

So what is the plan for you guys then? Keep watching and keep chuntering away on here whilst going home upset after a game? Or keep watching but enjoy it for what it is? Whatever happens you will both keep watching because like everyone else you support town, so in a way the Weavers have got you both by the short and curlys too - in the meantime I am in the same position as you really but just look at it in a different way!!!
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:49 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but from a purely footballing perspective, what exactly is there to enjoy?
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:45 am

see,ing simon humiliated, is quite enjoyable jocolor jocolor jocolor
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:01 am

trevdee wrote:
    town supporter wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:

Well said

So what is the plan for you guys then? Keep watching and keep chuntering away on here whilst going home upset after a game? Or keep watching but enjoy it for what it is? Whatever happens you will both keep watching because like everyone else you support town, so in a way the Weavers have got you both by the short and curlys too - in the meantime I am in the same position as you really but just look at it in a different way!!!

Well, I can't speak for TS, but they haven't got me by the 'short and curlies' because I don't have a season ticket, and I will just be more selective with my home/away fixtures and put my money to better use elsewhere.

What is blatantly obvious to me, that although I commend Irving for everything he has done off the pitch and within the club, is that by adopting his stance with Simon, he is actually stagnating the club. This club has ridiculous levels of potential that they wont fully unlock until we go up to National North level.

I will carry on attending, getting behind the players and enjoying it for what it is. But I will be giving criticism and praise out in equal measure. Just will be scaling down the fixtures I attend.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Bit harsh TS, there were things to enjoy last season (after January anyway): Andy Gascoigne looked different class in the short time he had before the injury, Peter Crook's development, likewise Emmett (although a tad over-rated in my view), Clayton's energy and committment (few more goals would have helped), Swain's emergence as a rampaging wing back, McGurk's class, Turner's quiet efficiency, Nyoni's contribution. Quite a bit to enjoy there.

I guess that's a glass half full perspective, but I'm not getting downbeat yet...give me time.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:06 pm

paulstreet wrote:Bit harsh TS, there were things to enjoy last season (after January anyway): Andy Gascoigne looked different class in the short time he had before the injury, Peter Crook's development, likewise Emmett (although a tad over-rated in my view), Clayton's energy and committment (few more goals would have helped), Swain's emergence as a rampaging wing back, McGurk's class, Turner's quiet efficiency, Nyoni's contribution.  Quite a bit to enjoy there.

I guess that's a glass half full perspective, but I'm not getting downbeat yet...give me time.

... and yet we finished the season 15th, 7 points above the relegation places. Whoops!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:55 pm

town supporter wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:Bit harsh TS, there were things to enjoy last season (after January anyway): Andy Gascoigne looked different class in the short time he had before the injury, Peter Crook's development, likewise Emmett (although a tad over-rated in my view), Clayton's energy and committment (few more goals would have helped), Swain's emergence as a rampaging wing back, McGurk's class, Turner's quiet efficiency, Nyoni's contribution.  Quite a bit to enjoy there.

... and yet we finished the season 15th, 7 points above the relegation places.  Whoops!

And to add to this, I'd bet my bottom dollar injuries was one of his many excuses as to why we finished 15th.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:37 pm