Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Squad Changes

Fatrascal

Squad Changes Empty Squad Changes

Post by Fatrascal on Fri May 03, 2019 11:30 pm

Firstly it has been a great season, congratulations to all - you have done yourselves and the club proud.

I think everyone’s thoughts will now be on next season. It has to be noted that our record against the top 5 sides was very poor. Additionally statistics do not lie. We were the leagues top scorers with not one player having an outstanding scoring record. Our defensive record was quite poor with the number of goals conceded.

I do not think there will be wholesale changes for next year. 3 or 4 players out with the same coming in. If it was my decision I’d be looking for 2 top central defenders and a left back. I think Langmead, Kitchen, Knowles, Agnew ,Leesley, Senior plus some other loanees
    and possibly Fallowfield might be gone. Burrell might switch to right back permanently. The form of Woods and Williams is of concern but I think they will remain.

Everyone will have their own opinion. Interesting to find out what everyone else thinks???

Ozzi

Squad Changes Empty Re: Squad Changes

Post by Ozzi on Sat May 04, 2019 8:56 am

Well, before I reply, let me just put on record what a brilliant season the Club have just had. Ok, we just fell short on Wednesday night, but after they had taken an early two goal lead, we went on and 100% dominated, getting stronger and and stronger as the time ticked away. A special mention for our influencial captain Falkingham. He must of covered every blade of grass and more, he was magnificent, and deservedly got the Vanarama MOM. Now, regarding squad changes, I think we don’t need much, maybe x3/4 at most. Main position for me is a ‘dominant’ Center forward who can get us x25+ goals, not easy to find I know. Also, another dominant Centerback to partner Howe. Maybe a left back? Obviously some of the present squad will need to go, I could mention at least four, but not here to get into that. I’ll leave it to the Gaffa + Thirs as they’ll know already I would of thought. Trust in them, they’ve done a brilliant job in the last two years. Onwards and upwards, Proud to be Town.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Sat May 04, 2019 2:44 pm

I agree - leave it with Simon and Thirls. However they have to decide on the formation they want to play next season and have the players to play it. So if they stick with the 5-3-2 then I would suggest most if not all of the players playing at Wrexham will not be in his plans.
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike on Sat May 04, 2019 9:36 pm

After his outstanding season capped by a man of the match televised performance I wonder if any Football League clubs will be looking to sign Josh Falkingham.
    Crossan

Post by Crossan on Tue May 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Agree with most of the comments made about changes to the Squad for next season, I see that on loan players Senior and Kitchen have gone back to their respective clubs, not sure if we may see Kitchen come back?

I was surprised that Langmead did not get more games or even make the bench on many occasions, don't know if he picked up injuries.  Good defender in my opinion he lacks the pace of Howe and Burrell but still a useful defender.

I have my opinions about who should be replaced as I think all teams need to improve on past seasons and all teams will try to do this.  As with other posts we did concede a lot of goals given our place in the league.  Up front we could do with another player to regularly score goals and perhaps a goal scoring mid-field player.

Anyhow I am sure that Weaver and Thirwell will have their ideas about what changes they think will be needed to maintain another push for Division 2, it was a great season for the team and I hope that we can continue in a similar way.
    Crossan

Post by Crossan on Thu May 09, 2019 9:30 am

I see Michael Woods has left the club, I wish him well for the future. Be interesting to see what other changes are afoot!!!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Thu May 09, 2019 11:18 am

Knowles and Thewlis have now left.
    Crossan

Post by Crossan on Thu May 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Surprised about Knowles as appeared to be a favorite of Weaver and came into the team after injury and ahead of Williams. But if new players are needed for next season then obviously there will be players leaving, onwards and upwards as they say!!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Thu May 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Good luck and best wishes to all three of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:13 am