Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
Dark Knight
ADavies
edwingray
Big Lundy
Harry O
TheNeil29
crowbar6753
11 posters

Management Poll

Poll

Is it time for a change of manager?

[ 31 ]
    Management Poll Bar_left67%Management Poll Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Management Poll Bar_left33%Management Poll Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 46

Management Poll Empty Management Poll

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:11 pm

Given Simon thinks it is only a handful of supporters who want a change, I thought it may be an idea to set up a poll to see if this really is the case.
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Management Poll Empty Re: Management Poll

Post by crowbar6753 Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:35 am

guess i cant vote twice to sway the decision? Not that the outcome is going to be any kind of suprise...
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:21 am

I'm guessing the people who said no are Simon, Irving and Plank.
    Harry O

Post by Harry O Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:08 am

Definitely YES

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:23 am

The Facebook poll is currently 9-0 in favour of a change.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:49 am

I'll be honest - I see little point in this - we're only telling each other what we already know. Need to spread the message to a wider audience if it's to have any kind of impact.
    Harry O

Post by Harry O Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:05 am

II agree with TS. If the advertiser ran a poll it would reach a much wider audience & may mean more at the end of the day. However, I very much doubt the advertiser would be prepared to be seen to be taking the side of the supporters against the REGIME
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:36 am

Harry O wrote:II agree with TS. If the advertiser ran a poll it would reach a much wider audience & may mean more at the end of the day. However, I very much doubt the advertiser would be prepared to be seen to be taking the side of the supporters against the REGIME
    How would running a poll be seen as taking sides? It's just gauging public opinion. Sky Sports News do polls every day.
    town supporter wrote:I'll be honest - I see little point in this - we're only telling each other what we already know. Need to spread the message to a wider audience if it's to have any kind of impact.  
    215 views, only 21 votes. It's poor that so many are happy to just stand by and watch the car crash. Deffo needs the Advertiser to run a poll or better still do voxpops outside the ground, talk to the supporters and get their views to avoid any doubt.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:08 pm

I'll drop ed an email and report back his response ...
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 pm

446 views now. Who are all these people? Come on don't be shy!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:26 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I'm guessing the people who said no are Simon, Irving and Plank.
    3 more now. Their wives must have been on!
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:42 pm

I imagine any opposition fans registered to this forum will be voting for Simon to stay
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:29 pm

I’m afraid you are all wearing your fingerprints out on here with all this!
    Like football fans around the country you just have to get behind your club & try and enjoy the ride!
    The club is more important than any individual.
    We haven’t enough fans to be a fan owned club & even if the Weavers were willing to sell there will be no one out there with the money to buy them out!
    We’ve been very fortunate over the years to have escaped relegation to be able to reach & survive @ this level!
    The majority of clubs in this league have played at a higher level than us, have better facilities & have a bigger supporter base!
    Unless you want to become a “crash & burn” club & blow a 100 years of history, you have to be realistic in how you take on these clubs!
    Everyone knows the situation here & the improvements off the field have put us in a better position long term to compete with these clubs!
    Supporting the team when they are struggling has to be a priority now!
    It’s been  Embarassed   watching the team at times lately but it’s been even more  Embarassed   having the opposition supporters laughing at us having a go at our own team!
    Evil or Very Mad
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Won’t be many away fans turning up @ the CNG in this league next season!
    But that won’t bother some on here as they never go to the games anyway!
    You never know Simon just might be Manager @ Guiseley in the Conference Premier next season!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Yes that is the objectivity I would have shared with you the last few seasons and the beginning of this......however......

1. Are we really a size of club that does not merit being in this division? We were clinging on to top third of attendances last season and this, despite the utter failure of the team to yet again live up to the much vaunted and invested purchases, we are slap bang in the middle attendance wise. With a new direction and ownership I would imagine the attendances would pick up again.

2. The club represents the pinnacle of football in the immediate area (though Railway offer us all some solace from time to time so no disrespect to them intended). This is an area with a big over index of wealthy individuals - do you really think we would struggle to attract investment. Yes there would be the concern that Weaver and co. might try and make it as difficult as possible for a takeover to happen but I think the type of town and the golden triangle blurb means this would not be as difficult as presumed by some.

Fear of 'who else' should never be the reason for fans not to openly call for change, change that is off the back of on and off pitch issues which have been building rapidly over the last few years. And even if we did fall foul of their departure......I think a fair few of us would rather be in a lower division than watch a club that is utterly torn apart by the nepotism and some of the questionable activities of the 'official' club recently.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Big Lundy wrote:
    Exactly. Weaver out.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Blimey BL - what a depressing and hopeless attitude you have. You're wrong of course - success shouldn't come at any price - if you're happy to stand by whilst fans get abused by players and management,  happy to say nothing when a young employee is made a scapegoat whilst plank watches on, says nothing,  watches the poor lass reduced to tears by irving then bag himself a promotion in the process,  if you're happy to say nothing when perfectly good players consistently under achieve,  if you're happy that a very well thought of former director feels he has no option but to tender his resignation,  if you're really content with all this and more then I seriously question what kind of a fan you really are.  Grow some balls
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Big Lundy wrote:
    It’s been  Embarassed   watching the team at times lately but it’s been even more  Embarassed   having the opposition supporters laughing at us having a go at our own team!
    Evil or Very Mad
    Well who's fault is that?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Big Lundy wrote:
    You never know Simon just might be Manager @ Guiseley in the Conference Premier next season!!!!
    That's funny on so many levels.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:03 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    Big Lundy wrote:
    That's funny on so many levels.

Yeah, and I'd take the Guiseley manager any day of the week instead of the useless, pathetic, spineless and tactically inept individual currently in charge.

Everyone knows that the only way the situation is going to improve is if both Weavers go, and take their Cronies with them. Nothing will improve on the pitch at all, and there is only so much that can be achieved off the pitch.

Its time for a change. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain and simply deluded.
    edwingray

Post by edwingray Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Big Lundy wrote:I’m afraid you are all wearing your fingerprints out on here with all this!
    Like football fans around the country you just have to get behind your club & try and enjoy the ride!
    We haven’t enough fans to be a fan owned club & even if the Weavers were willing to sell there will be no one out there with the money to buy them out!
    We’ve been very fortunate over the years to have escaped relegation to be able to reach & survive @ this level!
    The majority of clubs in this league have played at a higher level than us, have better facilities & have a bigger supporter base!
    Unless you want to become a “crash & burn” club & blow a 100 years of history, you have to be realistic in how you take on these clubs!
    Everyone knows the situation here & the improvements off the field have put us in a better position long term to compete with these clubs!
    Supporting the team when they are struggling has to be a priority now!
    Evil or Very Mad
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Won’t be many away fans turning up @ the CNG in this league next season!
    But that won’t bother some on here as they never go to the games anyway!

How much money would be realistically needed?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:20 pm

edwingray wrote:

How much money would be realistically needed?
    Well if it was based on the value of the squad and management team about £2.50 and a packet of hobnobs but if it's based on Irving's delusions of grandeur you'll need to be Roman Abramovich to buy him out!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:13 pm

Mr Gray. If you are who I think you are. You will be fully aware, given your general footballing knowledge that as the council own the land and there is over a decade left on the lease, the club would be valued based on its assets only in my opinion. Impartial due diligence would be necessary before a value is given. But I have a fair idea of how much it would be all worth as an overview.

However, as our Chairman is deluded. He will probably demand a lot more than its worth realistically.

All I want is an impartial chairman who has a good footballing background, knows how to run a business correctly and a club free from nepotism, where a manager is judged by results on the pitch, and not his personal relationship with the Chairman.

You thinking of making a bid?
    ADavies

Post by ADavies Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:11 pm

thousands of views. very little voting. some say no, some say yes. the majority? more annoyed at the talking down of our club.

I voted no. I just come for a nice pie, some times maybe a pulled pork sandwich, I get a hot drink, I pay my extra quid and I sit down and I talk to fans. I watch the game, I groan, I cheer, I can not shout loud. But I do my best.

then I go home to my wife and groan a bit more and I come again and watch some more.

that's all I want. none of this. not in my name, not at my club.

it does not take much scratching to reveal that some one on here is running more than one account.

if you have the loudest voice in the ground? does it make you right? if you post the most posts on a forum, does it give you more right to be heard?

and if you never ever come to town but post a lot of bad things about the club and with some viewing I see you even post on christmas day, does that make you a fan at all?

dark knight you seem a intelligent man but you seem like someone who does not support the club and is enjoying sticking a verbal knife into it on here

I want to meet you and say to you in person, I do not believe in your theories and do not support your increasing manner of hurting our town,

the people who sit down might not be heard much on here but we exist

not in our name do buy into this campaign
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:19 pm

ADavies wrote:
    it does not take much scratching to reveal that some one on here is running more than one account.
    Is that so eh? Do you want to offer up some evidence before being so snide on your first post? Pretty confident that the only person on here with multiple accounts is that Dr Who muppet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:04 am