Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Dark Knight
gedmaloney
paulstreet
OllieRiley
Innocent Bystander
GARAGE
Chips97
TheNeil29
rangerider
13 posters

F A cup draw

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

F A cup draw - Page 2 Empty Re: F A cup draw

Post by Dark Knight Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:07 am

nztownfan wrote:
    also ged has done alot of good for this club and is one of the few people directors people trust so what you have just said about him is frankly disgusting.
    Couldn't care less. Sick of his constant swiping at supporters on here. He's on the gravy train so what? The Weavers, Plank, him...the whole lot need to shove off now frankly.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:11 am

And at the end of the day that's what it's all about with these folks isn't it? Let's have our shiny new stand ready to show off for the big game. Never mind other considerations or the tripe that's out there on the pitch and in the dugout.

Honestly the jokers don't need you guys to pat them on the back, they already do enough of that themselves.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:19 am

nztownfan wrote:DK what is wrong with you?!? Rushing a stand is not going to cause hillsborough as they still need to pass a safety inspection... besides the actual disaster wasnt caused by the stand either
    What you think I don't know that?

You're another one who is hard of understanding around here.

Don't know why you're arsed anyway, thought you were defecting to Railway?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:49 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:DK what is wrong with you?!? Rushing a stand is not going to cause hillsborough as they still need to pass a safety inspection... besides the actual disaster wasnt caused by the stand either
    What you think I don't know that?

You're another one who is hard of understanding around here.

Don't know why you're arsed anyway, thought you were defecting to Railway?

lol!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 pm

also ged has done alot of good for this club and is one of the few people directors people trust so what you have just said about him is frankly disgusting.

Have you read the Taylor report because some years ago i did my dissertation on it and did quite well (pat own back)? The thing is young man, poor staduim design was one of the reasons for the disaster so your talking rubbish.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:
    Couldn't care less. Sick of his constant swiping at supporters on here. He's on the gravy train so what? The Weavers, Plank, him...the whole lot need to shove off now frankly.

Couldn't agree more - the whole lot can sod off as far as I'm concerned. It's ok for the club to treat its former employee like crap, whilst Plank does a disappearing act, its ok to undermine our former Director, but its not ok for us to challenge them. Well sod off ...
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:40 pm

GARAGE wrote:Popped into ground yesterday spoke to workman-they are trying to get stand open for Stockport game but it will be nowhere near finnished --hope it's not damaged before it's officially opened!
    I think it's another daft idea by certain people

Are you sure he was a workman?If so he was taking the piss. could be the same guy who i spoke to last week
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Range rider was it GED you spoke to?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:48 pm

The simple fact is that it's okay having a new stand, filling it is another problem.

With the current management team in place, based on current form. You have no chance of filling it, apart from Stockport fans. And that would be once a season.

The club is a ****** joke.

Chips97

Post by Chips97 Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:06 pm

I don't mind if we don't fill it as long as we get some support to get in that new stand and chant our lungs out for the lads! We will not stop until we score! CMON TOWN!! CMON TOWN!!
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Don't make promises like that Chips! On current form a fair few lungs will have burst before we even manage a shot on target!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Chips97 wrote:I don't mind if we don't fill it as long as we get some support to get in that new stand and chant our lungs out for the lads! We will not stop until we score! CMON TOWN!! CMON TOWN!!

Well, if they dont get a grip soon and sort it out on the pitch, they wont be filling it this season, because people will rather stay in on cold weekends/weeknights or be doing other things instead of watching dead rubber matches that wont mean anything.

That will even test the most ardent of supporters. People who have supported the club longer than my lifetime, and yours.
    Hovis

Post by Hovis Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:03 pm

The FA Cup is always magical in my view at whatever level and even for teams that might not be having a great start to the season , the FA Cup can bring a release from the difficult league days at any level . Look at teams who have been to Semis and finals and then the same year relegated . The fans have had a great season in terms of enjoyment and the big occasion and day out

Stockport have great support and will bring a lot to Wetherby Road , despite the negativity towards the owners , what do you really expect him to do ? Think that just because he might not be popular at the moment , that  the club should not try to maximise the advantage of making the stand available for the big day and the revenues it will bring to the club. In this case the owner is making the right decision . The stand is nearly finished so should it be knocked down as we have started the season badly ?   Did Leeds knock the East Stand  down when they went down .

The Hillsborough days are over in terms  of safety and I am sure the Council or FA or whoever is responsible will only give the permission after a professional check which will adhere to strict regulations. Although I am interested to learn more about whether the stand design OR the police actions were the main culprit for the Hillsborough disaster taking into account the regulations at the time of the incident . The Leppings Lane end would not work now , but back then it was no different to many grounds .?

Sorry Range Rider , I am shocked at how you can be so personal in your comments  to Ged . In my view he  has always been excellent on here and whilst I have  not met the man he has been a great ambassador for the club ...Its a shame he has to put up with cyber warriors as well whilst trying to give us the fans info ....what do you expect him to say if he is associated with the club ? To slag off the owners and lose his job ?  

I read the forum every day , don't comment too much as don't go to many games at all as in the South , at times I enjoy the banter of what seems to be a load of Old Womens Institute ladies at Bettys bitching over their scones and earl grey , but then I think you all love each other really ?   But the attack on Ged made me write as he seems a great bloke ....    

I hope the stand is ready , that its full of Stockport fans as it will be , that Town enjoy the occasion and hark back to their excellent recent history in the FA Cup and go and get a result and a run in the FA Cup !!!

Remember its only a game .... Basketball
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Hovis wrote:
    The Hillsborough days are over in terms  of safety and I am sure the Council or FA or whoever is responsible will only give the permission after a professional check which will adhere to strict regulations.  
    Can I just make this clear to the simple folk who completely missed the point, I was not saying another Hillsborough disaster is going to happen at Town. I was simply talking about attitudes.

However, whilst were on the subject, for what it's worth, you'd be surprised just how complacent the authorities are right at the very highest level even to this day. I saw shocking things at the UEFA cup final in Dortmund 2001 and equally abysmal stuff at the Champions League final in Istanbul 2005 both in terms of crowd control and safety and stadium infrastructure. You can never be too cautious and it's that exact attitude of "those days are over" or thinking that an incident could never happen again that could unfortunately lead to a casualty or worse.

I pray it never does.

Hovis wrote: cyber warriors  

Get over yourself. Suspect

Hovis wrote:what do you expect him to say if he is associated with the club ?  
    Well, given that the club censured this place and tried to stamp all over it, perhaps it would be best if he didn't just come on here with childish snipes at supporters, always in defence of his paymasters, especially at a time when they clearly have lost a lot of support with their actions.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:58 pm

HOVIS WROTE

Sorry Range Rider , I am shocked at how you can be so personal in your comments to Ged . In my view he has always been excellent on here and whilst I have not met the man he has been a great ambassador for the club ...Its a shame he has to put up with cyber warriors as well whilst trying to give us the fans info ....what do you expect him to say if he is associated with the club ? To slag off the owners and lose his job ?

Hovis can you please show me and the other posters on here where and what i have said about Ged i have never mentioned his name ever in this forum i don't know the guy never spoke to him AND NEVER COMMENTED ABOUT HIM SO GET YOUR BLOODY FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU COME ON HERE, you need to go back and see that it was some one else , i await your apology
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:
    GARAGE wrote:Popped into ground yesterday spoke to workman-they are trying to get stand open for Stockport game but it will be nowhere near finnished --hope it's not damaged before it's officially opened!
    I think it's another daft idea by certain people

Explain what's daft about trying to ensure crowd safety. My understanding is that the revised stand completion date was for early the following week so why not try and bring that forward  
    Yeah good idea, rush the completion of the stand to ensure crowd safety...it's thinking like that that led to Hillsborough you daft, hypocrital old fossil. I wouldn't worry anyway, we'll be very lucky if the attendance is anywhere near last year's league fixture.
    GARAGE wrote:What do I know  I'm only a mere mechanic? Sorry for trying to bring some common sense into the debate
    Ignore Mr Baloney. He only has a single brain cell and even that is faulty.

HOVIS read this and next time get your facts right before you post
    Hovis

Post by Hovis Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:29 pm

Huge apologies Range Rider , it was NOT you , it was that nasty Dark Knight who was the culprit I think  ....so of course I apologise to you . I am still trying to master the following of all the quotes and un quotes on the threads !  

Well I hope that stand will look good and I hope it will be ready for the big cup game and that Ged continues his excellent work for the  club and lets hope we have a cup run to perhaps act as a distraction to the league form , which can change ...its still early days in a long season ...
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Hovis wrote:Huge apologies Range Rider , it was NOT you , it was that nasty Dark Knight who was the culprit I think  ....so of course I apologise to you . I am still trying to master the following of all the quotes and un quotes on the threads !  

Well I hope that stand will look good and I hope it will be ready for the big cup game and that Ged continues his excellent work for the  club and lets hope we have a cup run to perhaps act as a distraction to the league form , which can change ...its still early days in a long season ...

HOVIS apology accepted
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Hovis wrote:nasty Dark Knight

Rolling Eyes

Hovis wrote: the league form , which can change ...its still early days in a long season ...
    Oh my God...are we back here again? Thought you said you'd been following this forum?

I'm sure our form will change...and then slump...and then change...and then slump...and then etc etc
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:03 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    Hovis wrote:
    The Hillsborough days are over in terms  of safety and I am sure the Council or FA or whoever is responsible will only give the permission after a professional check which will adhere to strict regulations.  
    Can I just make this clear to the simple folk who completely missed the point, I was not saying another Hillsborough disaster is going to happen at Town. I was simply talking about attitudes.

However, whilst were on the subject, for what it's worth, you'd be surprised just how complacent the authorities are right at the very highest level even to this day. I saw shocking things at the UEFA cup final in Dortmund 2001 and equally abysmal stuff at the Champions League final in Istanbul 2005 both in terms of crowd control and safety and stadium infrastructure. You can never be too cautious and it's that exact attitude of "those days are over" or thinking that an incident could never happen again that could unfortunately lead to a casualty or worse.

I pray it never does.

Hovis wrote: cyber warriors  

Get over yourself. Suspect

Hovis wrote:what do you expect him to say if he is associated with the club ?  
    Well, given that the club censured this place and tried to stamp all over it, perhaps it would be best if he didn't just come on here with childish snipes at supporters, always in defence of his paymasters, especially at a time when they clearly have lost a lot of support with their actions.

Good morning Dark Knight - hope you are keeping well. Just a couple of points as I know you are always keen to be factual in your posts:

1. The Club did not censure the forum - the Clubs point of view, which appeared to be backed up by the silent majority at last years Q&A, was that the Club could not directly / indirectly support a forum that was, at times vitriolic in it's criticism of players / people involved in the club which included yours truly - and no, we don't have a problem with free speech.

2. Your comment reference childish snipes at supporters - I am entitled to a point of view just like you. As far as I am aware I have not resorted to personal abuse of anyone on this forum but regularly visit the forum to keep my finger on the pulse and try to ensure that there is a little bit  of balance to some of the comments made on this forum In addition to this I would like to think, though I am not the best person to judge this, that communication with a wide range of supporters and giving recognition to all our volunteer helpers, is not my weakest personality trait. This leads nicely onto point 3.

3. "Always in defence of his paymasters" - just so you have your facts 100% correct ( I know this is important to you), this comment would suggest that I get paid. I receive absolutely NO PAY WHATSOEVER for my role at the Club and just so we can be absolutely clear that also includes expenses incurred when I visit charity events, meeting with sponsors, supporters club meetings etc. etc. So all in all it costs me, like all the other unpaid volunteers, to support Town.
    So what exactly is your contribution DK?

Have a great weekend!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:33 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    1. The Club did not censure the forum
    Erm yes it did. Not sure I can be arsed arguing with someone who doesn't know the definition of censure.

gedmaloney wrote:
    3. "Always in defence of his paymasters" - just so you have your facts 100% correct ( I know this is important to you), this comment would suggest that I get paid. I receive absolutely NO PAY WHATSOEVER for my role at the Club and just so we can be absolutely clear that also includes expenses incurred when I visit charity events, meeting with sponsors, supporters club meetings etc. etc. So all in all it costs me, like all the other unpaid volunteers, to support Town.
    Haha! Aren't you wonderful? You just give yourself a big pat on the back fella because if you're doing all of this for nothing and have to pay your own expenses it's pretty clear you're not getting patted on the back by Weaver or anyone else. He obviously cares even less about you than I do. Christ, if only I had a penny for every Working man's club type of character I've encountered like you.

Always a good card to play this though eh? Wink
    gedmaloney wrote:
    So what exactly is your contribution DK?
    Paying supporter. Does there need to be anymore than that? My God you guys really do love to go over old ground. You patronising old man. Still if that's what makes you feel high and mighty...

gedmaloney wrote:
    Have a great weekend!
    cheers Well done, there's you're signature childishness I was talking about.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Incidentally if you can't take criticism then football is probably not for you...or Irving...or Simon...so probably best to get out of the spotlight really.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 pm

You know what they say DK. The truth hurts.

Everyone can say all they bloody want about anything. The pure and simple fact is that Simon Weaver is not good enough to manage this football club. I've explained my reasons why, some opinionated, some factual.

When I go the game, I support the players, not the clueless, tactically inept excuse of a manager who cant even motivate his team any more. Do they look like they would run through brick walls for him? No.

When it comes down to the brass tacks, he is not good enough to manage this club.

The only way this club will go to the next level, is without Simon Weaver in charge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:09 pm