Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Dark Knight
gedmaloney
paulstreet
OllieRiley
Innocent Bystander
GARAGE
Chips97
TheNeil29
rangerider
13 posters

F A cup draw

rangerider
    rangerider

F A cup draw Empty F A cup draw

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Home to Stockport, well thats us out again
    TheNeil29

F A cup draw Empty Re: F A cup draw

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Based on current form, I would agree completely.

At least it is at home......
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Well one thing our new stand will be full if its open full of Stockport fans
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:35 pm

At least it's a home draw and we should get a big crowd in even if it is all Stockport fans haha! On current form we will most probably lose.. When is the stand going to be completed? it's coming along well as I saw on Saturday!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Was told by one of the workmen it will be ready in two weeks
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:22 pm

rangerider wrote:Was told by one of the workmen it will be ready in two weeks
    Ahh right! nice one Very Happy
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Are you sure he was a workman? If so he was taking the piss.
    Look at it, the fascia - steps - rendering - railings - fitting of kitchen - urinals plus finally the tarmaccing- have a sensible look and take anther guess
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:14 pm

I thought the urinals were already finished? Sure I have seen some people in yellow and black shirts in that vicinity taking the piss during games?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:I thought the urinals were already finished? Sure I have seen some people in yellow and black shirts in that vicinity taking the piss during games?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Yes he was a workman, popped in on Friday on my way past the ground will pop in again this week i am not a builder so i don't know how long these things take and i don't guess i am only reporting what i was told mate
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Just come back from school and heard the draw. Should be a great atmosphere (Even though most of it will be created by County fans!) Desperately want a cup run! Possibly even match the heroics of two seasons ago? County will be a very tough test, though, not confident at all.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:41 pm

most of the other teams in our league have been drawn against lower league teams Bradford have got AFC Fylde at home Harrogate railway got Colwyn Bay away
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:45 pm

OllieRiley wrote:Just come back from school and heard the draw. Should be a great atmosphere (Even though most of it will be created by County fans!) Desperately want a cup run! Possibly even match the heroics of two seasons ago? County will be a very tough test, though, not confident at all.

Yes i can see them bringing somewhere around 500 maybe even more affraid
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:04 am

Just pleased to get a home draw! At least that gives us a chance. Should be a great atmosphere, a 1000 + crowd? Maybe 900. Lets hope Rail stuff Colwyn Bay, get some revenge for last season.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:36 pm

At least we don't lose away from home against Starbeck Roofing or Peterlee Muggers in front of two NEETs and a pissed Whippet .... I don't mind losing at home in front of 4,000 Stockport fans
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:05 pm

True, but I'd rather our club be skint, and ran by a Chairman who is impartial, than the current setup.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Is this going to be all ticket, with everyone queuing up at a single turnstile ?

S.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Go to the top gate during a game- I see people getting in without paying all the time - it seems to be open
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:10 am

Popped into ground yesterday spoke to workman-they are trying to get stand open for Stockport game but it will be nowhere near finnished --hope it's not damaged before it's officially opened!
    I think it's another daft idea by certain people
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 am

GARAGE wrote:Popped into ground yesterday spoke to workman-they are trying to get stand open for Stockport game but it will be nowhere near finnished --hope it's not damaged before it's officially opened!

Explain what's daft about trying to ensure crowd safety for a fixture with possibly 1000+ supporters. My understanding is that the revised stand completion date was for early the following week so why not try and bring that forward particularly given the continued decent weather.
    Even when people attempt to do something constructive at Town there will always be someone who manages to produce a negative viewpoint.
    The worlds coming to an end tomorrow anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about a stand:affraid: affraid
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:42 am

What do I know  I'm only a mere mechanic? Sorry for trying to bring some common sense into the debate
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am

gedmaloney wrote:
    GARAGE wrote:Popped into ground yesterday spoke to workman-they are trying to get stand open for Stockport game but it will be nowhere near finnished --hope it's not damaged before it's officially opened!

Explain what's daft about trying to ensure crowd safety. My understanding is that the revised stand completion date was for early the following week so why not try and bring that forward  
    Yeah good idea, rush the completion of the stand to ensure crowd safety...it's thinking like that that led to Hillsborough you daft, hypocrital old fossil. I wouldn't worry anyway, we'll be very lucky if the attendance is anywhere near last year's league fixture.
    GARAGE wrote:What do I know  I'm only a mere mechanic? Sorry for trying to bring some common sense into the debate
    Ignore Mr Baloney. He only has a single brain cell and even that is faulty.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:18 am

DK what is wrong with you?!? Rushing a stand is not going to cause hillsborough as they still need to pass a safety inspection... besides the actual disaster wasnt caused by the stand either

also ged has done alot of good for this club and is one of the few people directors people trust so what you have just said about him is frankly disgusting.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:

Explain what's daft about trying to ensure crowd safety. My understanding is that the revised stand completion date was for early the following week so why not try and bring that forward  
    Yeah good idea, rush the completion of the stand to ensure crowd safety...it's thinking like that that led to Hillsborough you daft, hypocrital old fossil. I wouldn't worry anyway, we'll be very lucky if the attendance is anywhere near last year's league fixture.
    GARAGE wrote:What do I know  I'm only a mere mechanic? Sorry for trying to bring some common sense into the debate
    Ignore Mr Baloney. He only has a single brain cell and even that is faulty.

How do you know it is being rushed? They may have employed additional workforce to ensure completion for this date.

The stand may have been finished by Stockport game and the work during the following week may have been cosmetic.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:52 am

probably would be cosmetic otherwise it would be a rush job the following week to get it finished

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:57 am