Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
trevdee
paulstreet
rangerider
nztownfan
Innocent Bystander
9 posters

Brackley 1 Gloucester City 3

Innocent Bystander

Brackley 1 Gloucester City 3 Empty Brackley 1 Gloucester City 3

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Interesting ...... very interesting!
    Made my Tuesday night!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Brackley 1 Gloucester City 3 Empty Re: Brackley 1 Gloucester City 3

Post by nztownfan Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Was a lovely result to come though... however it means nothing if we don't get a win on saterday!

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:39 pm

attendance 193 how can they survive with gates like this? their lowest gate this season is 152 their average gate this season is 305

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:16 am

rangerider wrote:attendance 193 how can they survive with gates like this? their lowest gate this season is 152 their average gate this season is 305

unless they're being bankrolled by a wealthy local businessman, they can't. A decent infrastructure is needed which not all club chairmen / owners can be bothered with as it doesn’t always provide an immediate return. To Irving’s credit, it appears that a great deal of effort has gone into getting this element right.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:03 am

I think they are owned by someone who won the lottery therefore the funds will run out sometime.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:36 am

JordanF wrote:I think they are owned by someone who won the lottery therefore the funds will run out sometime.

It’s not just about the money though – there will come a point when Irving will decide to move on. The difference is that we now have a decent setup to entice potential investors. When Bill withdrew his funding there wasn’t a great deal to show off apart from a sloping pitch and a few old replica shirts that Alan Williams had stuck to the ceiling of the 1919 venue. As much as I loved Bill he struck me as a bit of a dreamer – his ambitions were for the most part unrealistic. In that sense we struck lucky that Irving couldn’t bear to see his son making such a monumental cock up of managing a football team and thus take the decision to help put things right. When the inevitable comes and the owners of north ferriby and brackley decide that they’ve sunk enough money or the money has simply dried out, Harrogate will possibly be one of the few clubs that should continue to do ok.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:44 am

Good points. it was good to see Brackley lose last night, but Guiseley won (again), and they are a real danger to us. They have a habit of going on long winning/unbeaten runs. Seems to me that with their games in hand (and Reeves and Walshaw), Altrincham are very likely to make the top five, Ferriby and Telford are certainties, leaves about 6 clubs fighting for 2 places. In my view we need to win our 4 home games, at least one more away game and one away draw will give us 73 points and even that may not be enough. 76 (with our three missing points restored), probably would be. Really hope those 3 points don't deprive us of a play off place at the end o fthe seaason.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:16 am

There’s also the possibility we’ll make the play offs and lose and then you could say well if we had those 3 points we’d have been 4th and not 5th in which case we’d have played team x instead of team y and stood a better chance of coming away with a win. It’s done now – if we’d performed better over the earlier part of the season then it might not have been an issue.

One other point raised by Paul about respecting others views on the forum. Paul is absolutely spot on that if it wasn’t for some of us voicing our concern on here at Charlie’s treatment earlier in the season, it’s highly likely that the club would have done its best to sweep the whole event under the carpet. The fact that this didn’t happen and the club issued a public apology is testament to the importance of holding the team and management to account.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:01 pm

town supporter wrote:There’s also the possibility we’ll make the play offs and lose and then you could say well if we had those 3 points we’d have been 4th and not 5th in which case we’d have played team x instead of team y and stood a better chance of coming away with a win.  It’s done now – if we’d performed better over the earlier part of the season then it might not have been an issue.

One other point raised by Paul about respecting others views on the forum.  Paul is absolutely spot on that if it wasn’t for some of us voicing our concern on here at Charlie’s treatment earlier in the season, it’s highly likely that the club would have done its best to sweep the whole event under the carpet.  The fact that this didn’t happen and the club issued a public apology is testament to the importance of holding the team and management to account.    

Agree!!

A difference of opinion can only make the club better in the long run. There are times when I have been on here and gone against the grain and to that note if you feel strongly about something or disagree with something then this should be the place to air those views.......And I am mainly aiming this comment at you Craig, I do think you have come on here and missed the point a few times in certain posts - this has been a platform for many folk for many years and the one thing it has enabled the people who post regularly to do and that is to freely air an opinion (and know that it will get read). Whilst we don't all agree with certain opinions, we still have to respect the opinion and well just not take it to heart, especially when a post was just a sarcastic comment.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:39 pm

paulstreet wrote:Good points. it was good to see Brackley lose last night, but Guiseley won (again), and they are a real danger to us. They have a habit of going on long winning/unbeaten runs.  Seems to me that with their games in hand (and Reeves and Walshaw), Altrincham are very likely to make the top five, Ferriby and Telford are certainties, leaves about 6 clubs fighting for 2 places.  In my view we need to win our 4 home games, at least one more away game and one away draw will give us 73 points and even that may not be enough. 76 (with our three missing points restored), probably would be.  Really hope those 3 points don't deprive us of a play off place at the end o fthe seaason.

Agree with reference to Guiseley but they have a tough fixture this weekend against Nth. Ferriby - also agree it makes it imperative that we win 3 points on Saturday so that we can keep maximum pressure on the teams around us - Would also agree that it looks like 5 teams fighting for 2 places - suggest we need 9 points from the next 4 games - tally ho! cheers  sunny 
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:00 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:Good points. it was good to see Brackley lose last night, but Guiseley won (again), and they are a real danger to us. They have a habit of going on long winning/unbeaten runs.  Seems to me that with their games in hand (and Reeves and Walshaw), Altrincham are very likely to make the top five, Ferriby and Telford are certainties, leaves about 6 clubs fighting for 2 places.  In my view we need to win our 4 home games, at least one more away game and one away draw will give us 73 points and even that may not be enough. 76 (with our three missing points restored), probably would be.  Really hope those 3 points don't deprive us of a play off place at the end o fthe seaason.

Agree with reference to Guiseley but they have a tough fixture this weekend against Nth. Ferriby - also agree it makes it imperative that we win 3 points on Saturday so that we can keep maximum pressure on the teams around us - Would also agree that it looks like 5 teams fighting for 2 places - suggest we need 9 points from the next 4 games - tally ho! cheers  sunny   

Paul - further to my comments above, I have just had a look at forthcoming fixtures and think Tuesday April 1st has all the look of a "Super Tuesday" with 3 top of the table 6 pointers - lets hope we are still in there Basketball  Basketball 

Cum on Town cheers cheers cheers cheers 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Yes, lets keep the season alive as long as possible. Wouldn't it be great if we got to the Stockport game still in the hunt for a top five place...Eddie Brown might run out of coaches to take us all to Stockport!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:01 pm

trevdee wrote:
    town supporter wrote:There’s also the possibility we’ll make the play offs and lose and then you could say well if we had those 3 points we’d have been 4th and not 5th in which case we’d have played team x instead of team y and stood a better chance of coming away with a win.  It’s done now – if we’d performed better over the earlier part of the season then it might not have been an issue.

One other point raised by Paul about respecting others views on the forum.  Paul is absolutely spot on that if it wasn’t for some of us voicing our concern on here at Charlie’s treatment earlier in the season, it’s highly likely that the club would have done its best to sweep the whole event under the carpet.  The fact that this didn’t happen and the club issued a public apology is testament to the importance of holding the team and management to account.    

Agree!!

A difference of opinion can only make the club better in the long run. There are times when I have been on here and gone against the grain and to that note if you feel strongly about something or disagree with something then this should be the place to air those views.......And I am mainly aiming this comment at you Craig, I do think you have come on here and missed the point a few times in certain posts - this has been a platform for many folk for many years and the one thing it has enabled the people who post regularly to do and that is to freely air an opinion (and know that it will get read). Whilst we don't all agree with certain opinions, we still have to respect the opinion and well just not take it to heart, especially when a post was just a sarcastic comment.

Trev, I agree with what you are saying. But at times, I have been made to feel so unwelcome and basically not wanted on the forum, oddly enough, a certain few people even warn me off joining the forum, because it was a platform for hidden agendas, name calling, abusive posts, and general negative nellies putting dampers on everything that the Club was trying to do, such as when I opened the FB Group, 3 or 4 'users' on the forum spat on it before even trying it out or even seeing what it was about, and chose to knock it, I joined the forum to engage in conversation about the Club and Supporting it, I want and love different opinions, last night in the Group we was all having friendly banter and different opinions.

A line does need to be drawn however when opinions become hate, when 'sarcastic comments' become bullying and abusive, when someone feels the need to leave the forum because the stress of posting becomes too much to handle, I should not have to be made fun of, be subjected to sarcastic comments, named called, or made to feel like crap because some of the long term forum members feel its fun to make fun of newer members.

When does sarcastic comments become bullying? when the person on the recieving end is the one getting the crap? and that was me. I've actually made a effort to make peace with TS and actually move on from it all, you are right about opinions, but when opinions hurt others, or not actually opinions, but deliberate attempts to verbally bash someone, then I will say something and have a right to defend myself. For too long I was bullied at school, and I have dealt with Cyber bullies and worked alongside CEOP to stamp out alot of crap like this, I guess its generational (is that even a word? lol) but have a giggle, yea, share different opinions fine, but bash, abuse, and make fun of, nah! not me.

My own son has been subjected to some of the worse bullying at school, in the main, because he supports Harrogate Town, some of its mild banter and 'opinions' on his choice, and he takes it, but other days, it becomes too much, the constant barriage of it, it becomes too much, which is where bullying comes in. The smile is back on his face now, thanks to Harrogate Town, Simon, the players and yes Trev, people like you, who made me laugh so much at Colwyn Bay, you did, you gave him a huge lift and he was laughing for days after, although at the same time worried for you, after well you know why.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:23 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    trevdee wrote:

Agree!!

Trev, I agree with what you are saying. But at times, I have been made to feel so unwelcome and basically not wanted on the forum, oddly enough, a certain few people even warn me off joining the forum, because it was a platform for hidden agendas, name calling, abusive posts, and general negative nellies putting dampers on everything that the Club was trying to do, such as when I opened the FB Group, 3 or 4 'users' on the forum spat on it before even trying it out or even seeing what it was about, and chose to knock it, I joined the forum to engage in conversation about the Club and Supporting it, I want and love different opinions, last night in the Group we was all having friendly banter and different opinions.

A line does need to be drawn however when opinions become hate, when 'sarcastic comments' become bullying and abusive, when someone feels the need to leave the forum because the stress of posting becomes too much to handle, I should not have to be made fun of, be subjected to sarcastic comments, named called, or made to feel like crap because some of the long term forum members feel its fun to make fun of newer members.

When does sarcastic comments become bullying? when the person on the recieving end is the one getting the crap? and that was me. I've actually made a effort to make peace with TS and actually move on from it all, you are right about opinions, but when opinions hurt others, or not actually opinions, but deliberate attempts to verbally bash someone, then I will say something and have a right to defend myself. For too long I was bullied at school, and I have dealt with Cyber bullies and worked alongside CEOP to stamp out alot of crap like this, I guess its generational (is that even a word? lol) but have a giggle, yea, share different opinions fine, but bash, abuse, and make fun of, nah! not me.

My own son has been subjected to some of the worse bullying at school, in the main, because he supports Harrogate Town, some of its mild banter and 'opinions' on his choice, and he takes it, but other days, it becomes too much, the constant barriage of it, it becomes too much, which is where bullying comes in. The smile is back on his face now, thanks to Harrogate Town, Simon, the players and yes Trev, people like you, who made me laugh so much at Colwyn Bay, you did, you gave him a huge lift and he was laughing for days after, although at the same time worried for you, after well you know why.

Craig if you would like to provide evidence of the bullying then I will look into it. I try and check the forum at least once a day and I must admit all that I have come across is a bit of banter and difference of opinions. If you feel so strongly against it may I suggest you do what you actually said you were going to do and stop using the forum? After all you do have your facebook group now (I think there is a link posted in a few previous messages).

Thanks

ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:29 pm

don't you think you have made your point many times before why do you have to repeat yourself time and time again?, this forum is about football not your life story so give us a break  before it loses more posters if you can't take a bit of harmless banter then leave like you promised to do many times before and lets get back to talking about the team and club. but i won't hold my breath

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:44 pm

ultimate warrior wrote:don't you think you have made your point many times before why do you have to repeat yourself time and time again?, this forum is about football not your life story so give us a break  before it loses more posters if you can't take a bit of harmless banter then leave like you promised to do many times before and lets get back to talking about the team and club. but i won't hold my breath

Coming from a newly made account, hiding behind a username, a classic case of 'See what I mean' Using many fake accounts to force someone to leave a forum, thats pretty low.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Admin wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:
    trevdee wrote:

Agree!!

Craig if you would like to provide evidence of the bullying then I will look into it. I try and check the forum at least once a day and I must admit all that I have come across is a bit of banter and difference of opinions. If you feel so strongly against it may I suggest you do what you actually said you were going to do and stop using the forum? After all you do have your facebook group now (I think there is a link posted in a few previous messages).

Thanks

Admin,

I was addressing and replying to Trev's post. That's all. I haven't been bullied in the form you would say happens in Schools, but I have generally been made to feel unwelcome by a certain few members, and its always people with username, not a real name, some of which are clearly the same person. Are you actually asking me to stop using the forum? Because Yes, I mentioned I would but only because at the time, certain 'people' was being allowed to say and do what they like, I find it interesting that checking previous posts and topics, the same people bashing others, and certain members getting upset with them for doing so, but yet, when I address it myself head on, I am the one made to feel like I have committed a crime. I want to talk about Football, thats all. The FB Group is extension of this forum, my presence to the Group is that I know who I am talking to, but I like the forum because I've met good friends like Jordan and Trev and Martin too. No, I won't be leaving. And no, I won't be forced to leave. Back to Footy, lined drawn please.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:11 pm

nobody is forcing you to leave the forum it's you who said you would leave, and lets get one thing straight m8 i didn't come on here to "make friends"like you i have more than enough already if i came on to do that i would use my real name and pic, how many others posters on this or any other forum use their pic and real name not many if any at all, apart from you and whats all this crap about fake accounts?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:17 pm

ultimate warrior wrote:nobody is forcing you to leave the forum it's you who said you would leave, and lets get one thing straight m8 i didn't come on here to "make friends"like you i have more than enough already if i came on to do that i would use my real name and pic, how many others posters on this or any other forum use their pic and real name not many if any at all, apart from you and whats all this crap about fake accounts?  

I've more than enough friends already too. But I'm loving making new friends at Harrogate Town, and thanks to the away travel, its been alot easier to do so. More so, my son has made new friends too, he feels safe with certain people and like to chat with them. I use my real name and pic, and I know alot of others use their real name and pic, because I am happy for people to know who I am, who they are talking to, and if they want to know me more, fine, if not. thats ok too. Your account has just joined the forum and yet, its attacking me from the off, says it all to me. Leave me alone, thats all I am asking.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:19 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:
    trevdee wrote:

Agree!!

Thanks

Admin,

I was addressing and replying to Trev's post. That's all. I haven't been bullied in the form you would say happens in Schools, but I have generally been made to feel unwelcome by a certain few members, and its always people with username, not a real name, some of which are clearly the same person. Are you actually asking me to stop using the forum? Because Yes, I mentioned I would but only because at the time, certain 'people' was being allowed to say and do what they like, I find it interesting that checking previous posts and topics, the same people bashing others, and certain members getting upset with them for doing so, but yet, when I address it myself head on, I am the one made to feel like I have committed a crime. I want to talk about Football, thats all. The FB Group is extension of this forum, my presence to the Group is that I know who I am talking to, but I like the forum because I've met good friends like Jordan and Trev and Martin too. No, I won't be leaving. And no, I won't be forced to leave. Back to Footy, lined drawn please.

No I am not asking you to stop using the forum....
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:39 pm

if you state many times you are leaving then people start to wonder when but you won't leave because you have found a place where you can bore everyone to death, people come on here to talk about football not what a jolly fun time we had, do you ever talk about the team/ tactics, could you also please give us the names of the posters who use their real pics on here so we will know who they are

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 pm

ultimate warrior wrote:if you state many times you are leaving then people start to wonder when but you won't leave because you have found a place where you can bore everyone to death, people come on here to talk about football not what a jolly fun time we had, do you ever talk about the team/ tactics, could you also please give us the names of the posters who use their real pics on here so we will know who they are

4 posts you have done, all of them bashing me, a new account you are, a fake one at that. I would suggest checking out the members area for names of people posting with their real names, like myself, Jordan, Trev, Martin, Ged to name just a few. I have not stated many times about leaving, I mentioned it just once and that was last week. stop creating fake accounts to bash me. And clearly you havent seen my other posts about the team/tactics I talk about football, I talk about the team, but I am not someone who sits idly by as someone uses fake accounts to further cause drama. Again, please leave me alone.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:08 pm

ultimate warrior wrote:if you state many times you are leaving then people start to wonder when but you won't leave because you have found a place where you can bore everyone to death, people come on here to talk about football not what a jolly fun time we had, do you ever talk about the team/ tactics, could you also please give us the names of the posters who use their real pics on here so we will know who they are

Just to lighten the mood a little - Ultimate Warrior, welcome and best wishes. That's a tremendous pic you have posted. Have you ever played Centre Back?

By the way, I actually look like my 'pic' - must be the extreme cold in these northern parts.

Regards to all. Three points on Saturday and onwards Town !
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks A1 drifter glad you like the pic
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:21 pm

you said "4 posts you have done, all of them bashing me, a new account you are, a fake one at that. I would suggest checking out the members area for names of people posting with their real names, like myself, Jordan, Trev, Martin, Ged to name just a few. I have not stated many times about leaving, I mentioned it just once and that was last week. stop creating fake accounts to bash me. And clearly you havent seen my other posts about the team/tactics I talk about football, I talk about the team, but I am not someone who sits idly by as someone uses fake accounts to further cause drama. Again, please leave me alone. [/quote]

you said
      "I use my real name and pic, and I know alot of others use their real name and pic, because I am happy for people to know who I am, who they are talking to, and if they want to know me more, fine, if not. thats ok too. "

four post bashing you i think i would check again m8 and i am still waiting for pics of the posters on here not bothered about their real names and do you know why people don't put their real pics on here? its because it means they can only say good things about the club/players/manager maybe you should ask the posters on here why they don't put their real pics up its not because their shy theres a valid reason for it but i will let you work that out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:18 am