Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
TheNeil29
Dark Knight
rangerider
trevdee
Chips97
Big Lundy
10 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Vauxhall Motors

TheNeil29

TOWN on TOUR! Vauxhall Motors - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Vauxhall Motors

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:02 pm

If he displayed a bit of patience instead of chopping and changing, I'd be a lot happier. In my opinion, our best striker currently is Worsfold. He needs to play as the main striker. Woodsy has to play behind Worsfold. He is an attacking midfielder and is best deployed in his natural position. Taylor and Rowe on the wings. Bolder and Brown in the middle. Bolder pushing up to support Woodsy and Anton sat in front of the back 4 breaking play up. Adam N and Killa in defence. Mezza and Franks RB/LB. Hall, blooms, Samuels, sellers and Nelthorpe on the bench. Cover for most positions.

If we play the players in their preferred positions and not out of position (barring injuries, sending offs, subs etc..) we will get the results. I just wish Simon would see it like this.

I want him to succeed as well because I want Town to be successful also, but he needs to display a lot more consistency with his team selections and results.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Before anyone mentions 'what about Liam'. He is an impact substitute, used on the right wing as he is too similar to Worsfold. But each week, players will miss out, it's how they respond in training that counts.
    riverside

Post by riverside Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:55 am

Actually we have played 28 players in 27 games this year, not 26 as I said in a previous post.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 pm

4-4-2 may be seen as old hat these days but it's the formation that has worked best for us this season, it is the easiest formation for players with simple minds to understand, everybody gets it. Keep it simple.

The keeper and back four just about picks itself when fit.

Midfield is a bit of a conundrum because Brown hasn't delivered the "rolls royce" some promised however as I've said it's about clearly defining a role for some of these guys. For Brown it's one of sitting in front of the back four, for Nelthorpe it's about being on the bench and for Nowakowski it's about trying your hand at something else (ooh I'll get into trouble for that) but I agree mostly with Neil; Rowe and Taylor wide, Bolder doing his thing and Brown with a clearly defined role in front of the back four. There's a bit of a worry that that midfield could get overrun but as long as the wide players work hard and Woods drops in when needed there shouldn't be a problem. We'll spend most of the game attacking anyway to be honest!

Woods has to play and clearly he does his most damage playing off the front so it has to be him and Hall because of what Hall does. Also because it's about partnerships. Just chucking those with the most goals together won't necessarily work. Hall and Woods linked up brilliantly at the beginning of the season. Worsfold and Hardy may have scored more goals but frankly they are both ordinary and don't do enough as forwards to effect the outcome of the game (notable that Hardy has gone completely off the boil since getting his contract), also as we've established, Hall would score more if he had someone up there to play off and could spend less time with his back to goal. He really scares defences. The others don't. He also gives us something essential that NONE of our other forwards do - a serious aerial threat. All this does come with a caveat however. Woods would really have to work for this place. That "free" role is one that has to be earned.

GK Craig MacG
    RB Dwayne Samuels/Matt Bloomer
    CB Shane Killock
    CB Leigh Franks
    LB Dave Merris
    DM Anton Brown
    CM Adam Bolder
    LM Cleveland Talor
    RM Dominic Rowe
    AM Michael Woods
    CF Chris Hall

Subs:
    A Sparekeeper
    Bloomer/Samuels
    Nelthorpe
    Hardy
    Worsfold
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:05 pm

i see where your coming from DK but i can see us struggle when we come up against these BIG sides like
    Guiseley not enough hight for me in the midfield and up front
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:22 pm

We'll, we aren't going to have McGillivray soon. He's off to Bradford if a deal can be reached. It's on sky sports transfer blog. That will be a big loss.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:11 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:We'll, we aren't going to have McGillivray soon. He's off to Bradford if a deal can be reached. It's on sky sports transfer blog. That will be a big loss.
    Not a surprise but extremely sad about it. It was only a matter of time though I've got to say Craig could and will play at a much higher level than Bradford. I just hope they pay us what he's worth.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:16 pm

Doesn't sound like they have anyone they can loan us in return, until the end of the season which is a shame as replacing him adequately in the middle of the season will be nigh on impossible. Hopefully we can get someone in and use some of the money to get this goal machine we all want that will move us right up the table.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:47 pm

Dark Knight wrote:Doesn't sound like they have anyone they can loan us in return, until the end of the season which is a shame as replacing him adequately in the middle of the season will be nigh on impossible. Hopefully we can get someone in and use some of the money to get this goal machine we all want that will move us right up the table.

Not true dark knight - they could loan us their manager!

Happy new year
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:10 pm

Some really good posts on here. I've stayed quiet as i went into mourning for a couple of days after the VM game. Having gone, it was obvious we lacked a cutting edge. Hall played well but it's obvious we need a Reeves/Walshaw type predator.

I'm going to stand outside Knowles' house until he comes back.

Could be a god send the Guiseley game was off today and as some have said a couple of crucial home games in Jan to get back in the mix. All is not lost, but it's now or never for the league this season now.

The WRCC also is massive.

Whatever the formation / starting 11 should be , I agree I'd like to see one being applied consistently.

COME ON TOWN turn on the nitros for the 2nd half of the season.

Bet any money he signs a striker in the transfer window!

Also obviously don't want Criag to go he's been immense but Crook is meant to be decent V'? Could be as big a loss for Rail as it will be for Town...
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:03 am

Yes, sad if Craig goes, but, to be honest, having him for half this sason has been a bonus. Quite a few Town keepers have gone on to better things. Sounds as though Crook will be a very promising replacement, although we will need a new sub keeper as well. Lets hope we don't give Craig away for silly money. As TU says we are not quite out of the play off picture yet, but victory Saturday is now essential, simple as that. Do agree about the need for more consistent selection policy. When all fit: Crook/Samuels,Killock,Franks,Merris/Brown,BolderWoods/Rowe,Hall,Taylor. Bench: Nelthorpe,Nowakowski,Mallory,Worsfold,Hardy

Hopefully, this will need to change (again!), when we sign a new striker! Note I say 'when', not 'if'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:24 pm