Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
paulstreet
TheNeil29
Martin L
htown
Superfan100
rangerider
nztownfan
trevdee
12 posters

Make your minds up

rangerider
    rangerider

Make your minds up - Page 2 Empty Re: Make your minds up

Post by rangerider Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:44 pm

maybe our sponsers next year should be Specsavers lol!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:11 pm

trevdee wrote:
    rangerider wrote:yes the playoffs are gone Crying or Very sad home form lost us them i'm afraid the teams above us are a lot stronger than us, i would just like to know what plans the club has for next season? are we going to splash the cash for some quality players? NO MORE LOANS PLEASE, thats what screwed our playoff chances this year, speculate to accumulate

No chance, we will stick with the core of our team - Nowakowski, Bloomer and Alan and be at best looking forward to a mid table finish. We had our chance this year, we should be sitting comfortably in 4th now with right team selections but we have blown it. The likes of Bolder, Dean, White wont hang around, why would they?

I wont change my opinion despite Martin's rally cry, I'm a person who weighs up the facts and makes judgements rather than live in a bubble.

Oh and Town Supporter the bullet thing refers to Martin getting rounded up by the Weavers and Tad after the game wanting to know who I am because they think I have a personal vendetta against Nowakowski. It is a flaming joke, they need to worry about team performance rather than picking a fight with a fan regarding some forum comments. I will quite happily tell Tad his son is not up to standard in this league, and infact is rather quite s**t and slow....I will be in my usual spot on Tuesday, if you don't know it just ask Martin!!! If players and managers alike can't take criticism for consistent bad performances then they should pass the reign on to someone who can. Simple!!

Everyone on this forum is aware that Harrogate Town FC is a fantastic club. 'period'.

We do have a fantastic chairman, and the manager is a likeable guy, who I would buy a pint for, but he is tactically inept, and some of his team selections and decisions, border on strange and not logical. Nobody expects perfection, but to me, you play the players in their preferred positions, and only when you are crippled by injuries, then you play players out of position. When you know that your best players are going to leave, or are being scouted, there should be contingency plans in place to cover these possibilities.

If you want to start policing this forum, so that players don't throw their teddies in a corner when they get a bit of criticism, I suggest that is one of the things that can be discussed internally and that players dont read the comments on the forum. In Adam's case, he chose to read the comments, he wasn't forced to. If he got upset, that's his problem.

We all pay our hard earned money to watch the team, and because we pay that, we have the right to an opinion. If I have the opinion that a player has been shocking, or s**t, or isn't good enough, then i'm going to speak my mind, and tell it how it is.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:18 pm

And to add, for example, if Tad or Ged ask me my opinion about Adam or Jon (best example, being fathers and sons (not personal)), then I will tell them my opinion. I dont care who they are and what responsibilities they have within the club. Just like I would with the rest of the players and staff.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:40 pm

And that there sums it up for me Neil.

My mind has moved on to Tuesday now and in all honesty we have got nothing to lose by trying something different. My moto in my job is that if it isn't working then change it. Things haven't worked at home for a while, lets see some change on that pitch, I would rather us lose trying than lose having changed nothing ( I can't see beyond losing with Saturday's starting line up)!
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 am

Doesn't look like we will see any changes website preview of game on Tuesday suggests v strongly that we are keeping pretty much the same team. Interesting must have complete faith in them turning things around, would personally like to see a change like Trevdee says and having a look at the 3 new signings perhaps or are they going to feature when we can no longer make the play offs and the pressure is off them especially the two young lads who are perhaps no ready yet for a dog fight on Tuesday where we HAVE to win.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:03 pm

Worrying if people are being 'sounded out' about their opinions. Every football supporter of every team has views about players (and managers!), it goes with the territory. Personal abuse plainly isn't acceptable, but if people think a particular player isn't cutting it, they are suely entitled to say so. We pay our money after all.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 pm

trevdee wrote:Apparently my rant on here after the Tuesday's game was the reason for Adam's lack of confidence today. I have heard it all now, are players not meant to try and prove their doubters wrong? Ged perhaps you could elaborate? This is the most fickle sport of all and supporters will always criticise players at every level in every country if their performance warrants it.

I've looked around on the messageboard and I can't find any reference to your rant being the cause. Would you care to elucidate please? - EDIT I now see from another posting what you mean and I'm afraid I find this very, very worrying Crying or Very sad

If indeed your rant was the reason, then congratulations as you obviously have a new career brewing as a Sports Psychologist. You have been able to achieve - at arms length - what our current one hasn't been able to achieve within the club, ie you've convinced someone that there worth is at a particular level. Please note, I'm NOT criticising Phil Lee in any way, merely pointing out how ridiculous the situation is where a messageboard posting can be given more weight than a trained guy working with the players. And I don't believe that's true any more than the next man Shocked .

I have spoken with you and value your opinion. But you'll also appreciate that your and my opinions often differ. Discussing the differences in view is to me part of what it's all about and given that you always post and speak with reasoned arguments (and you have praised Nowakowski on here too!) I'm a little perturbed by the situation that's developed. Given your commitment to the resurrection of the Supporters Club (which has been singled out for praise on here), then I think it's a sad day. You paid to get in (I assume Laughing )and as such, you should have a certain amount of license to voice your opinion. There were a few in yellow and black shirts who didn't and actually got paid to be there.......

My view of the match was that, yes Nowakowski was poor. I've seen him play an awful lot better. Only with his head was he of any use and even then it was marginal. However, he wasn't the only one to have a bad day and I've got a few questions to ask.

1. Given that Adam was obviously playing badly, why wasn't he substituted?

2. Why were we as a team absolute **** with the first touch of the ball? Doesn't anyone practice controlling the ball any more? I've never seen so many poor first touches.

3. Why as a team are we unable to release the ball quickly when we do actually manage to control it? How many times did we get caught on the ball and robbed. Even the chubby bloke was able to do it because we were ****ing around instead of pass and move.

4. Why does a player who is only on the field for 20 minutes get the MOM (I know that's been asked before - this is a question for the management to ponder). Personally I'd have given it to Bloomer or Allan based on what I saw.

I thought the ref had a shocker, and wasn't helped by the poor linesman on the Wetherby road side missing every push and climb and raising his flag about 15 seconds after the event when he did notice anything. In my opinion, the free kick the ref gave for the illegal backpass from which we scored should never have been given. It wasn't a backpass, their guy completely mis-hit his clearance. However we somehow managed to score from it so I'm not complaining too much. Didn't see the penalty incident as I was by then following a much more interesting match on my phone.

No, Bolders sending off wasn't unlucky. It was for 2 yellow cards, the second of which was one of the most blatant handball's I've seen for a while. Disagree strongly with the use of the word "alleged" on the official match report.

I could go on,but I'm getting bored now. I think I'll give Tuesday a miss too. Can't be bothered. Just like the team?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Dan as you say we have had lots of difference of opinion in the past and everyone sees the game slightly differently but debate is healthy and critism can be even healthier.

Going by today at work, could be a great move starting out on a new career path as a sports psychologist.

But I have enjoyed helping to get the supporters club off the ground and hope it continues, i'm not one to get involved with political bollox hence why I don't want to be involved anymore, all I want to do is watch the game and then come on here to talk about it in any way I feel necersary.

For someone to suggest to me that at the next home game I should have a quiet word with Tad and try and smooth things over is rediculous also.(Martin!). I mean what does Tad want to do - ban me for having an opinion, or square up to me even? I think the lack of professionalism by a Director has been drowned here by a father wanting to protect his son. Now I have a new question - At what lengths does he go to, to ensure his son gets in the starting 11 week in and week out in that case? Will we also see Jon in the team very soon also regardless of performance?

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 pm

paulstreet wrote:Worrying if people are being 'sounded out' about their opinions. Every football supporter of every team has views about players (and managers!), it goes with the territory. Personal abuse plainly isn't acceptable, but if people think a particular player isn't cutting it, they are suely entitled to say so. We pay our money after all.

This if true is deeply concerning, i view many forums for this league Halifax, Bradford Alty etc etc and on every one you get fans criticize players and managers who they think are not performing thats how it works, i don't know Trevdee but i will defend his right to post if he thinks a player is not playing well, i don't post about players who are not playing well its not their fault every one has bad periods its up to the manager to take action if we can see it why can't he?.
    i am just a "pleb" supporter i don't have inside information about whats happening inside the club i am not in the "inner circle"the only information i get is from this forum and looking at the planning applications in the Harrogate paper "if you check out my terrace behind the goal post" which many did not know about till i posted, the few people that post on here post because they care about the club (apart from the Halifax guy)i might not agree with some but i defend their right to post whether positive or negative about the club, all i will say is carry on Trevdee and all the other posters,

ps i also will not be attending on Tuesday but i hope we win

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:33 pm

I wonder what 'translator' makes of all this?!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Simon only comes on here when he is pist! buy him some budweiser and you may find out
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 pm

[quote="trevdee"]

Dan as you say we have had lots of difference of opinion in the past and everyone sees the game slightly differently but debate is healthy and critism can be even healthier.

Going by today at work, could be a great move starting out on a new career path as a sports psychologist.

But I have enjoyed helping to get the supporters club off the ground and hope it continues, i'm not one to get involved with political bollox hence why I don't want to be involved anymore, all I want to do is watch the game and then come on here to talk about it in any way I feel necersary.

For someone to suggest to me that at the next home game I should have a quiet word with Tad and try and smooth things over is rediculous also.(Martin!). I mean what does Tad want to do - ban me for having an opinion, or square up to me even? I think the lack of professionalism by a Director has been drowned here by a father wanting to protect his son. Now I have a new question - At what lengths does he go to, to ensure his son gets in the starting 11 week in and week out in that case? Will we also see Jon in the team very soon also regardless of performance?
    Just to ensure you are fully in the picture bounce Jon has been signed on as cover given the amount of games that Town are due to play through April. If he does get selected due to Town regulars incurring red cards, injuries or fatigue, I can assure you that whether he plays well or not he will give 100% to the cause and I'm already looking forward to the motivational comments on the forum (nb. this last half sentence is an attempt at sarcasm Very Happy). He was quite proud to have represented the club back in 2009 and, personal opinion though it is, I would have loved to have seen him play alongside the calibre of player we have now.

htown

Post by htown Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:02 pm

I don't understand why Tad is upset. Trevdee has never had a personal attack at Adam, he has spoke about his performances. If it was Chib who was playing at such a level, the response would be the same. I wonder if Tad could honestly stand up and say that he has been playing well?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

You can't ask more than 100% and with the suspensions coming up there is a fair chance he may get on the bench with a huge point to prove...I hope I am wrong and for what it is worth, I think gearing the announcement up in such way (Knowles has gone but we have signed these 3) was the reason why the reaction came on here.

If he does well I will be the first to say so!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:10 pm

htown wrote:I don't understand why Tad is upset. Trevdee has never had a personal attack at Adam, he has spoke about his performances. If it was Chib who was playing at such a level, the response would be the same. I wonder if Tad could honestly stand up and say that he has been playing well?

Wonder if you could ask Tad to come on here Ged and put his point of view accross?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:11 pm

who was that Tad with the commentator on radio York was it our Tad?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:14 pm

It probably was, not many tads around
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Tad is away on holiday now.
    htown

Post by htown Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Also, on the topic of Knowles, i think he has been rather silly moving to Burton. The manager has openly admitted that he is the 4th or 5th choice striker and has offered him what can only be described as a joke of a contract(Non-contract at that level). It is clear that with a limited budget which Burton will have, unless he does something special he will get released pre-season. To me it would have made more sense to stay at Town and keep scoring goals, playing well and then more likely than not a host of league clubs would come offering trials pre-season and even Burton would have still been interested. He may find that the biggest mistake of his young career will be leaving Town.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Martin L wrote:Tad is away on holiday now.

Another one that won't be at the match on Tuesday then lol!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 pm

[quote="gedmaloney"]
    trevdee wrote:

Just to ensure you are fully in the picture bounce

Well Ged, on your comment.

'Jon has been signed on as cover given the amount of games that Town are due to play through April. If he does get selected due to Town regulars incurring red cards, injuries or fatigue, I can assure you that whether he plays well or not he will give 100% to the cause and I'm already looking forward to the motivational comments on the forum (nb. this last half sentence is an attempt at sarcasm Very Happy). He was quite proud to have represented the club back in 2009 and, personal opinion though it is, I would have loved to have seen him play alongside the calibre of player we have now'

I dont think he is going to add anything at all, and the very best he can expect in my opinion is a couple of substitute runouts, maybe 1 game. So tell him to use THAT as a motivational tool and fire us into the playoffs. He couldnt produce the goods last time, and he won't this time, as it will be highlighted even more, now that he will be playing with a higher calibre of player. I would like to be proved wrong, but I wont be. There are plenty of better players than Jon out there, who would have come into the squad to provide cover and beef up the ranks.

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:24 pm

htown wrote:Also, on the topic of Knowles, i think he has been rather silly moving to Burton. The manager has openly admitted that he is the 4th or 5th choice striker and has offered him what can only be described as a joke of a contract(Non-contract at that level). It is clear that with a limited budget which Burton will have, unless he does something special he will get released pre-season. To me it would have made more sense to stay at Town and keep scoring goals, playing well and then more likely than not a host of league clubs would come offering trials pre-season and even Burton would have still been interested. He may find that the biggest mistake of his young career will be leaving Town.

same mistake Michael Owen made leaving Liverpool lol!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 am

No problem supporters expressing their views but don't agree with some of the comments about Jon Maloney- the lad hasn't kicked a ball since signing for us.

Simon's the manager, so if he thinks a player is good enough then he'll sign him. If he turns out to be absolute garbage then the forum should be an opportunity for us to say that. Jon has been one of Railway's key performers and deserves a chance. Utilised properly and he may stand a chance.

The situation regarding Adam is different - he's been given countless opportunities playing alongside quality players yet his performances have not been good enough.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 am

town supporter wrote:No problem supporters expressing their views but don't agree with some of the comments about Jon Maloney- the lad hasn't kicked a ball since signing for us.

Simon's the manager, so if he thinks a player is good enough then he'll sign him. If he turns out to be absolute garbage then the forum should be an opportunity for us to say that. Jon has been one of Railway's key performers and deserves a chance. Utilised properly and he may stand a chance.

The situation regarding Adam is different - he's been given countless opportunities playing alongside quality players yet his performances have not been good enough.

TS. I hope that Jon Maloney would do a better job for us than last time, but in my opinion, Simon has got it wrong by re-signing him, and i do believe that will be proved come the end of the season, when he is released again.

Jon has been one of Railway's key performers as he is extremely comfortable at that level. He has been at the club before, and didn't produce the goods, so what makes you think that he will now?

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:14 am

To be fair Neil he was playing in a stupidly rubbish team before and he is young, I know from when I played if the team around you is utter crap it is hard to put a good performance in......Worth a shot at least and wont cost much. If he puts in 100% and has improved from last time then he should be a good squad player.

Like TS says, Adam has just hit his 100th performance and is worse than the day he first started.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:39 pm