Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
paulstreet
TheNeil29
Martin L
htown
Superfan100
rangerider
nztownfan
trevdee
12 posters

Make your minds up

Make your minds up Empty Make your minds up

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Blimey, make your minds up. You either support what the management is trying to achieve or you don't. Frankly I don't think Simon is up to it, but I've always been consistent. Given the opportunity I'd much rather play for a team like Guiseley or Bradford on the basis that they have manager's that know what they're doing. Sadly we don't. Nowakowski is a liability, there is no place for him in the squad - I doubt he'd make some Sunday league teams. I can't imagine any player wanting to sign for the club for any other reason other than money.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Make your minds up Empty Re: Make your minds up

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:15 pm

I was in two minds about management , one half thinking it is great what they are trying to achieve with the club but then there is this constant indecisiveness around team selection that is having more of an influence on my opinion these days.

As regards to the players, I have always said it how it is and the poor performers need to be made accountable, whether it be due to performance or poor discipline, but it doesn't seem like this happens at Harrogate Town. It's all a bit too nice in that dressing room, too many pats on the back.

Apparently my rant on here after the Tuesday's game was the reason for Adam's lack of confidence today. I have heard it all now, are players not meant to try and prove their doubters wrong? Ged perhaps you could elaborate? This is the most fickle sport of all and supporters will always criticise players at every level in every country if their performance warrants it.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:44 pm

im happy for the managment to carry on if he cuts out silly mistakes and employs me to scout him some CM's Laughing no seriousl though find a CM and a goal scoring Striker and we are going up....
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Sorry but i think Simon is out of his depth in this league just my opinon
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:17 pm

So seeing as people are criticising management , lets see if you could do any better....what would be your team for the next two games taking account of any suspensions and including subs, might as well do it properly if you fancy yourself as a better manager.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:28 pm

It is simple, same keeper, back four............woods/Bolder/dean and then Larkin/Chibs/Forrest........play 433 when attacking and revert to 4-5-1 when defending.........Forrest and larkin to do alot of running, Bolder holding man........If Larkin plays like he did on Tuesday I would have him off at half time for Elam.........If we are under the cosh with say height then you have the option to bring on Nowakowski but I would bloody tell him he is skating on thin ice " get out there and show me you are worthy of putting a town shirt on"

The emphasis would be on keep ball, no messing, just keep the ball down and lets not run away from the ball when we got possession, show for eachother, form little triangles but every player needs to make themselves available for a pass
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Agree Trevdee but are Samuels and Bolder not suspended following their sending offs?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Yeah but not sure when their suspensions kick in........I would play Radcliffe at right back (he played there a bit last season did ok) and Bolland if not injured in the centre
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 pm

But I also would have Youhill in the squad and he would figure at some point
    htown

Post by htown Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:28 pm

What's the point of seeing if you can do better when it's completely theoretical?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:51 pm

We are trying to send Weaver a subliminal message!
    htown

Post by htown Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:28 am

Well for what it's worth i do hope he gets the message.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:38 am

Maybe we should employ a Medium.

Or in the case of Solihull's no 10, an Extra Large.

S.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:46 am

get behind the team and stop talking rubbish. we have come a long way so lets all calm down, relax and support. personal negativity is not good. I spent two hours with tad/simon and irving . I was hoping for a night out with my female friend but got involved in a right set of bullets. COME ON mates, this is a rallying call. Stay with us, we will do it.

Remember this...................we could be railway.ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    htown

Post by htown Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:33 am

I suppose all in all, the position we are in is far greater than last season.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:59 am

[quote="Martin L"]get behind the team and stop talking rubbish. we have come a long way so lets all calm down, relax and support. personal negativity is not good. I spent two hours with tad/simon and irving . I was hoping for a night out with my female friend but got involved in a right set of bullets. COME ON mates, this is a rallying call. Stay with us, we will do it.

Remember this...................we could be railway.ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha[/ quote]

right set of bullets? please elaborate

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 pm

[quote="rangerider"]
    Martin L wrote:get behind the team and stop talking rubbish. we have come a long way so lets all calm down, relax and support. personal negativity is not good. I spent two hours with tad/simon and irving . I was hoping for a night out with my female friend but got involved in a right set of bullets. COME ON mates, this is a rallying call. Stay with us, we will do it.

Remember this...................we could be railway.ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha[/ quote]

right set of bullets? please elaborate

Fairly sure he didn't mean bullets, he meant b*ll*cks!
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Absolutely, we as fans really need to get behind the team for the rest of the season, there is still a chance of play offs...in Simon we trust
    htown

Post by htown Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:12 pm

I think the playoffs are long gone as i don't see either Halifax or Altrincham losing many, if any. Also, if i'm honest i can't see Town going on a winning streak of any sorts. But that is not the point, it's about rebuilding for next season now, released a number of players and bringing in some new faces that will help at the very least a playoff push next season. Look on the bright side there is no need for a Corby Town this season. We are safe from relegation and can now rebuild with a great pitch and structure being developed.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:31 pm

yes the playoffs are gone Crying or Very sad home form lost us them i'm afraid the teams above us are a lot stronger than us, i would just like to know what plans the club has for next season? are we going to splash the cash for some quality players? NO MORE LOANS PLEASE, thats what screwed our playoff chances this year, speculate to accumulate
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:06 pm

rangerider wrote:yes the playoffs are gone Crying or Very sad home form lost us them i'm afraid the teams above us are a lot stronger than us, i would just like to know what plans the club has for next season? are we going to splash the cash for some quality players? NO MORE LOANS PLEASE, thats what screwed our playoff chances this year, speculate to accumulate

No chance, we will stick with the core of our team - Nowakowski, Bloomer and Alan and be at best looking forward to a mid table finish. We had our chance this year, we should be sitting comfortably in 4th now with right team selections but we have blown it. The likes of Bolder, Dean, White wont hang around, why would they?

I wont change my opinion despite Martin's rally cry, I'm a person who weighs up the facts and makes judgements rather than live in a bubble.

Oh and Town Supporter the bullet thing refers to Martin getting rounded up by the Weavers and Tad after the game wanting to know who I am because they think I have a personal vendetta against Nowakowski. It is a flaming joke, they need to worry about team performance rather than picking a fight with a fan regarding some forum comments. I will quite happily tell Tad his son is not up to standard in this league, and infact is rather quite s**t and slow....I will be in my usual spot on Tuesday, if you don't know it just ask Martin!!! If players and managers alike can't take criticism for consistent bad performances then they should pass the reign on to someone who can. Simple!!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:29 pm

you mean they actually read these comments lol!
    htown

Post by htown Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:13 pm

I must say i agree with Trevdee. Not particularly in regards to Adam, but frankly this is an independent fans forum and anybody should be entitled to their own opinion without being hunted down. It's pathetic, when you reach a certain level at any sport you must expect a certain level of criticism and although it's not ideal it's your duty as an athlete to prove people wrong.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:18 pm

i agree we dont want forum police on here, lol! still waiting for an answer on the bullet question
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:21 pm

I would love him and a couple of the others to prove me wrong, especially Adam as he is a Harrogate lad....I invest my time and money in supporting Harrogate Town home and away, all I want to do is watch a game then discuss it openly on here and in recent weeks, I think the fans have a right to grumble in a big way.

I think this is the problem with members of the board having their sons in either the management team or playing squad - They wear tinted glasses and therefore no progress can be made!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:26 pm