Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
Superfan100
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
harrogateman
sulphurite
rangerider
Irish_Sulphurite
nztownfan
12 posters

Vs. Solihull Moors

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Vs. Solihull Moors  Empty Vs. Solihull Moors

Post by nztownfan Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Quite frankly we need to step up today... after losing the last game to a former strikers late goal and failing to score ourselfs in two games the playoffs are slipping away from us....

Simon Weaver with a fully fit squad to choose from with Paul Beesley and Jonny Allan being declared fit... however what we really need is the strikers to step up...

Solihull Moors are a tea pot team this year sitting right in the middle of the table, moving around slightly but returning back to the middle ultimatly. However they have a great away record picking up points in 11 of 19 games this season.... not what we need Sad

Had a look n the opposition forum but im not sure they actually know there palying us with no posts about the game at all Laughing so lets have them talking all week about how much they were thrashed Very Happy

other games we need to look at the weekend is FC Halifax Town v Altrincham tbh a point for both whouldnt be a bad thing aslong as we were to win. Also Chester can seal the league today with a win at home to Boston... im sure you will all agree they are by far the best team we have had at home this year Very Happy

Up The Town cheers

Irish_Sulphurite
    Irish_Sulphurite

Vs. Solihull Moors  Empty Re: Vs. Solihull Moors

Post by Irish_Sulphurite Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:58 pm

2-0 down at HT not looking good Evil or Very Mad
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Season over knew we would blow it after not replacing our two best players
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Halifax and Bradford winning Evil or Very Mad
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Why oh why oh why.... play Forrest ahead of anyone else, not done much in my opinion... Come on Town Rolling Eyes
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:19 pm

4 nil at home, a disgrace Evil or Very Mad

Bouncebackabilty hahahaha, yeah right Embarassed

Last edited by sulphurite on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Time to go Weaver please
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:25 pm

i feel sorry for all the supporters who paid to watch this crap they don't deserve it Evil or Very Mad
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:26 pm

rangerider wrote:Time to go Weaver please

Will not happen, but someone needs to have words... either Moors a playing very well and winning legit or we are just shocking... I am glad I could not make this one
    harrogateman

Post by harrogateman Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:45 pm

well no doubt the doom and gloomers will be on t say told you and i must admit to shock in this bad result. We have defended really well for months looking solid and to concede four today is a total syrprise to me. Gotta hope this is a one off and at least the lads get the chance quickly on Tuesday to wash this out of there system. Bad results for us today but we need to get right behind the team and drive them on come Tuesday. If we win it will look different - football changes quickly we can still do this
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Adam Nowakowski should be ashamed of himself today!!!

The team started the first 10 minutes quite well because they bi-passed Adam, then all of a sudden Adam had his first attempt to control the ball - He fooked it up! I decided to study him closer today and low and behold for the next 10 minutes he fooked everything else he attempted to do....Then for some reason the rest of the team stooped to his level and we collapsed.

I am actually speechless right now that Weaver kept him on. We would have won that game if he wasn't playing, the players don't even like to pass to him, it is as clear as day.

Season over now!

Anywsy I wont be going on Tuesday, I am not paying £12 to watch that calamity on the pitch destroy our chances further.

Funny that Chubby lad for them had more pace that Adam....2 worst players in the league by a country mile!!!!

Last edited by trevdee on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:17 pm

The contrast between Nowakowski and Dean could not be clearer
    And between Beesley and ........well anyone really!

Sadly I'll probably be staying away on Tuesday too ... for a team chasing the play off to have so little width was scarcely believable
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:27 pm

It was a follow on from Tuesday but has been brewing for a while (been masked by Knowles's brilliance), and I can't understand why other people can't see this.

Dean was our best player at the start of the season, he linked up brilliantly with Bolder and Chibs was banging them in from their link up play. All of a sudden Nowakowski gets a break in the team and we play a different game because the players know they can't play it to his feet, they have one less option and have to go long. There have been times this season when Nowakowski has dug in and played well defensively but I believe if he wasn't on that pitch we wouldn't of been playing so deep as our football would have been superior to the opposition.

I'm not even a Nowakowski hater I just say what I see.

Last edited by trevdee on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Hate to criticise players individually, as it is a team game but have to agree re Nowakowski, he just is not a midfield player, no pace doesn't read the game well enough and most importantly he is not ethnically good enough to play passing football. I would stick him at the back and if the young 17 yr old we have signed is supposed o be good technically give him a go, nothing to lose as surely cannot be any worse than Nowakowski who should really think about reinventing himself as a centre back with his height and hoof ball ability. But hey what do I know, I like Weaver think he has done well for our club but maybe he might want to ave a rethink for our next game.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:54 pm

I haven't got a problem with him been a squad player, perhaps to be developed at centre half in times of need but it is criminal to play him as a midfielder over better players.

I have always said I like Weaver but his decision to stick with Adam has to be questioned and this goes back to my thoughts after the game on Tuesday - Did the Weaver's actually want to get promoted this season? It is the only theory that makes sense to me.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Superfan100 wrote:Hate to criticise players individually, as it is a team game but have to agree re Nowakowski, he just is not a midfield player, no pace doesn't read the game well enough and most importantly he is not ethnically good enough to play passing football. I would stick him at the back and if the young 17 yr old we have signed is supposed o be good technically give him a go, nothing to lose as surely cannot be any worse than Nowakowski who should really think about reinventing himself as a centre back with his height and hoof ball ability. But hey what do I know, I like Weaver think he has done well for our club but maybe he might want to ave a rethink for our next game.

Spell check strikes again !

Thanks for giving me a giggle on an otherwise frustrating day. Have to agree with all the comments. To make 3 subs yet leave Adam on was stunning. He wins headers but is that really all we what we want of our midfield. When Chib moved to the middle up front like everyone has been saying for weeks, we actually could have come back even with 10 men on the great chances created.

We need to start with Luke Dean next game, end of. Adam should be given a rest as dry bobbly pitches need a different type of player in midfield who is quick on his feet. Can anyone explain to me why Bolder was sent off ?

Was their number 10 the most out of shape player ever to play at this level ? I thought Peter Kay was making a new video when he walked on.

Well done to Altrincham on beating Halifax, but still all to play for. Frustrating that we are letting an opportunity slip through our fingers and on the face of it, a couple of team selection and tactical issues could have been addressed earlier which seem obvious to most posters on here.

S.

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:34 pm

It should be better on Tuesday!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:08 pm

slicker wrote:
    Superfan100 wrote:Hate to criticise players individually, as it is a team game but have to agree re Nowakowski, he just is not a midfield player, no pace doesn't read the game well enough and most importantly he is not ethnically good enough to play passing football. I would stick him at the back and if the young 17 yr old we have signed is supposed o be good technically give him a go, nothing to lose as surely cannot be any worse than Nowakowski who should really think about reinventing himself as a centre back with his height and hoof ball ability. But hey what do I know, I like Weaver think he has done well for our club but maybe he might want to ave a rethink for our next game.

Thanks for giving me a giggle on an otherwise frustrating day. Have to agree with all the comments. To make 3 subs yet leave Adam on was stunning. He wins headers but is that really all we what we want of our midfield. When Chib moved to the middle up front like everyone has been saying for weeks, we actually could have come back even with 10 men on the great chances created.

We need to start with Luke Dean next game, end of. Adam should be given a rest as dry bobbly pitches need a different type of player in midfield who is quick on his feet. Can anyone explain to me why Bolder was sent off ?

Was their number 10 the most out of shape player ever to play at this level ? I thought Peter Kay was making a new video when he walked on.

Well done to Altrincham on beating Halifax, but still all to play for. Frustrating that we are letting an opportunity slip through our fingers and on the face of it, a couple of team selection and tactical issues could have been addressed earlier which seem obvious to most posters on here.

S.

Who gives a toss about spell checks after witnessing such a woeful performance. I'm not going to stop reading just because it doesn't satisfy the likes of you and Daniel Gleebitz in dictionary corner. I understood quite clearly what the poster had to say and that should be all there is to it. We have a manager who is clearly a bright and articulate individual yet knows nothing about the art of good management. Lets stick to football please.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:16 pm

town supporter wrote:
    slicker wrote:

S.

Who gives a toss about spell checks after witnessing such a woeful performance. I'm not going to stop reading just because it doesn't satisfy the likes of you and Daniel Gleebitz in dictionary corner. I understood quite clearly what the poster had to say and that should be all there is to it. We have a manager who is clearly a bright and articulate individual yet knows nothing about the art of good management. Lets stick to football please.

Blimey, clearly the cut in top rate tax hasn't cheered you up

S.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:31 pm

slicker wrote:
    town supporter wrote:
    slicker wrote:

S.

Blimey, clearly the cut in top rate tax hasn't cheered you up

S.

Ahh, you're clearly a 'i'm alright jack' kind of voter, can't say that surprises me. Also, don't find much amusement in poking fun at someome about the odd spelling error just for the sake of it.

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Nowakowski was horrific... i honestly havent ever seen a worse game for any player in my life honestly.... if they wernt the directors sons would the two lads in our quad be there...

Ref was crap but we were worse.... also WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY is Chib on the wing still Evil or Very Mad FFS

Last edited by nztownfan on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:38 pm

When one of our subs who only played for 20 min gets our man of the match award it says everything about our team, utter rubbish if you read my post i said Bradford could catch us well they have now, i won't be watching anymore games this season either i have had enough, the last time i saw a win was against Histon on the 2nd of March we have played five home matches since and not had a win Evil or Very Mad
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:40 pm

slicker wrote:

S.

Diliberate handball...it was fair enough tbh i know i would have given it.

He was actually really good tbf Laughing he linked well with there strikers Shocked

Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Glad I gave you a laugh , agree after today's woeful performance it was nice to put a smile on some fans face. Trouble with using iphone to type is that with my fat fingers I keep pressing the wrong key...hope you realise I meant to say Nowakowski isn't technically good enough to play centre midfield. What's the squad numbers looking,like now for the next few couple of weeks following the sending offs of Bolder and Dwight?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Dont worry Weaver will put Chibb at right back lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:54 am