Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+13
James/Bal
wootontommy
Big Lundy
Tommyb123
GARAGE
boselecta
Mike of Wetherby
Chips97
pie and chips
fulhamphoenix
HTAFC Away Travel
Townfan
TheNeil29
17 posters

Solihull Moors

Big Lundy

Solihull Moors Empty Solihull Moors

Post by Big Lundy Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:30 pm

Only lost 1 away game all season so far!!!!!
    Still unbeaten away from home in the league & have now played most of the current top sides in the league home & away!
    We need to be on top of our game on Saturday to get something from this one!!!!
    Shocked
    Townfan
    Townfan

Solihull Moors Empty Re: Solihull Moors

Post by Townfan Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:03 pm

In fact, after Saturday they have played all of the other top six sides both home and away !!!
    The title is theirs to lose IMO.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Hadn't realised they had played all of the top teams - impressive, grinding away wins and draws like they have. All runs must come to an end.....Come on Town!
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Still think there's still many twists and turns to come.I remember two years ago they were on a great run ..then fell away. Fylde last year automatic champs going into the last quarter ?.. did the same.It all comes down to handling the pressure.I know I keep saying this, but really we are still in great shape.Big game Saturday a real 6 pointer. Wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost but I really think the boys will be up for this match and really kick on...Here's hoping plus weather permitting of course Rolling Eyes
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:02 am

I think we will do it and beat them. I really do. I can't explain why. But I do think we will come away with the 3 points.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:37 am

Weather is set to be OK apart from some rain tomorrow morning.
    The pitch has been sand drilled this week which should help the drainage until the end of the season. The pitch is due to be dug up then and re-layed to get rid of the black sludge problem we have had this season which has hampered drainage.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:35 pm

I see Solihull are no longer bringing a supporters coach as could not fill it. Let's make some noise and really back the lads- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jordan
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Townfan wrote:Weather is set to be OK apart from some rain tomorrow morning.
    The pitch has been sand drilled this week which should help the drainage until the end of the season.  The pitch is due to be dug up then and re-layed to get rid of the black sludge problem we have had this season which has hampered drainage.

So the pitch has been poor this season and we don't need any unnecessary games on it to enable us to not have any games postponed. I see we've got an u/ 21 game on it next week plus county cup game and Stockport coming shortly- hope it doesn't get postponed.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:35 pm

The comment that 'we've never beaten any team in the current top 7, yet' can be well and truly put to bed now and replaced with the comment 'will we get beaten by a top 7 side again this season ?'.

Not a weak link in the team today. A brilliant performance from 1 to 14 'ish (Can't remember the sub numbers - almost got to the point when i lost count of the goals - well not really, that would be a lie !)
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:46 pm

What a game! A great team performance, and a terrific confidence boost.
    Hope McGurk is OK.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:11 pm

What a superb performance. 6 (SIX) great goals built from absolute commitment and effort by all of the lads today. Amazing. We made a good side look like kids today, the second half was just immense. Sends out a real message to the team around us.

Roll on the away day at FC United.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:50 pm

looks like betvictor haven't revised their odds from this am
    you can still get town 16-1 to win the league with solihull evens !!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Magnificent victory - congratulations to every single member of the team and to Simon. Rest of the league take note - Town mean business.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Boom! I'll take that. GET IN!!!!!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Nice to keep a clean sheet.
    If it wasn't for their keeper in the first half we could have had ten.
    Mike of Wetherby

Post by Mike of Wetherby Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Whereas Peter Crook made a smart save in the first minute or so, tipping the ball round the post, but hardly had to make another one.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:24 pm

A sensational result today. Not one weak link in the team today. This team finally showed what it is capable of on its day. I can not fault the performance, and it is a performance that will have put a statement out to the rest of the league. Very impressive indeed.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Awesome! Just gutted I missed the 6th. Nuneaton on the slide (big time), top five ours to lose now. Burrell great signing, has Simon got anything wrong this season? Don't think so!
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:51 am

That is the first time I've seen a game where in all honesty 14 players not only being good, but very good.Yes, Warren was very good but IMO two players stood out for me today,Clayts who led the line superbly and a big mention to master Swain at left back.Great overlapping all day, gave there 6ft 3 right back, a nightmare all afternoon.
    If we are to make a challenge for the title outright, we must make the CNG stadium a fortress.Yes, are away form is something else but,it just seems our home form is a bit hit and miss.When we play like we did today we would beat any top team .Consistency is the key to any successful team ,yes there's going to strange results and we wont win them all but some how SW as at last it seems found that winning mentality,formula...Oh yes well played!!
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:04 am

Swain is easily our best left back- I pointed this out on posts a while ago but received comments saying how wrong I was but I'm smiling now being proved correct- I don't think many wingers would fancy facing him- Hope he can stay injury free- Why was McWilliams not on bench yesterday? Strange
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:24 am

I agree about Swain but a bit tough on McWilliams, had a good, solid season I thought, shame to be frozen out. Deserves a place on the bench at least. Still, shows how strong we are now I guess.
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:01 am

I can clearly see the additions we've made on and off the pitch have played a big part ! We look a lot more like a unit with the additions of vill Powell and I believe the chief scout Lee Barraclough goes infront a week of all our games to gain intelligence on the opposition. Can't be many so complete as us ? Add that to the quality squad surely we can do it !!!!!!!! 6-0 to the town bring back a fit Dom now
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:05 am

Noticed Alan Lord (Stockport County) there yesterday, making notes & taking photos of our set piece routines!
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:06 am

Left the ground with feel good factor a top level. Enjoyed watching the lads demolish the top of the league opponents, but most of all was so proud of the awesome attitude on display by each and every one of the players. Can't ask for anything more.
    James/Bal

Post by James/Bal Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:07 am

Got to be up there with Town's best ever results. Biggest home win since Esh Winning in the Fa cup in the 90s? Amazing. I'm still claiming a goal from that game. I shouted boo at the keeper, from behind the goal, as the ball came towards him and it went straight through his legs. He came over afterwards and threatened to punch me if I did it again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:48 am