Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+19
paulstreet
Dan_Gleebitz
Martin L
Big Lundy
htown
BTTF
Innocent Bystander
Ball and Socket
pie and chips
gedmaloney
TheNeil29
Irish_Sulphurite
rangerider
chester crewdson
Up The Town
trevdee
nztownfan
Chips97
JackHTFC
23 posters

Town vs Chester

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Town vs Chester - Page 4 Empty Re: Town vs Chester

Post by paulstreet Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Must have missed the cream cakes at half time, need to have a word with Irving about that (when I've finished my half time glass of Pimms, of course). Still feel a bit miffed that I was turned away at the turnstiles last week, because I wasn't wearing a bow tie, still, standards are standards Smile
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:50 pm

BTTF wrote:I don't mean two, I mean four, why is it so hard to understand? You belong in Evo-Stik North playing derbies against the Railway, although your Tin Pot ground might struggle with the 200 locals who would turn out to watch them. Face it, your just not a football town - real football clubs have oranges at half time, not tea and cream cakes. Never mind though, in ten years you'll be a bigger and better club than us won't you - ha hah ha, I'm rolling on the floor laughing my arse off, bye bye. Laughing
    Ah, REAL football teams eh.

Pray tell old boy what constitutes a REAL football team? Face it, this is the highest division that FC Halifax Town have EVER been. So how do you know?

Looking at attendances so far this season, we're just about halfway so I guess we're ok in this division. Therefore 4 tiers higher is Championship in anyone's book. Chester's crowds are double your's so that makes them a Premiership team I guess (and not Conference Premiership either).

Mind you, you only have "dibs" on half the Shay, sharing with some egg chasers - and Rugby League one's too affraid . Our egg chasers have their own place. Like we do.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:38 pm

BTTF you sound like an immature 16 yr old chav. I know a few guys from Halifax and they follow Halifax home and away, I'm pretty sure if they read this dribble from you they would be pretty embarrassed. But you are right Dan, I suppose real football clubs don't own their own ground or supply their own food, shame on us!
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:54 pm

After reading the twaddle you lads came out with after last weeks game, Im embarassed for all of you. Not ******* Brazil now are you. Very Happy
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:28 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:25 pm

trevdee wrote:BTTF you sound like an immature 16 yr old chav.

I'm guessing that said 16 year old chav would be able to subtract 4 from 6 and get 2 trev. So I reckon he's even younger. His (?) grammar leaves a bit to be desired as well.

Regarding our ground, recently we coped with a crowd above the highest that FC Halifax have had. I was impressed I must say.

But, like you trev, I know a few Halifax fans - I used to work there after all. Nice guys too. I enjoyed the times I went to the Shay with them. Shame they're squatters on a Rugby ground now.
    htown

Post by htown Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Some great points Dan. I want to argue with this guy but mentally he's just a little bit slow. He argues that where "tin-pot" but we are 5th so if we belong in the same league as Railway then there wouldnt be a conference north with all the other teams that don't belong there. Please BTTF go read a book or something your lack of intelligence is annoying me.
    htown

Post by htown Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Also apologies to anyone who has to read my rants who doesn't want to but this guy infuriates me and i'm well aware that if he was ignored he wouldn't post but sometimes that is easier said that done when someone is making outrageously stupid posts.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:43 pm

You're quite right, Daniel. If the grammar isn't correct then we should instantly dismiss what the poster has to say. Life would be a lot easier that way wouldn't it? Criticism of our club should be banned too. Not swearing or abusive behaviour though, particularly the type demonstrated by nelly29 who at one point was very much in favour of consulting the forum police, although he's clearly adopted a far more relaxed stance - good for him.

Anyway, now that's out of the way, my personal view is that harrogate has a better team but an inferior manager. I rather expect neither side to get promoted though as Guiseley are better than both of us.

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:30 pm

this went well didnt it. I suggest the thread is locked and BTTF talks real footbal with us or goes back to his own forum Smile

BTW any fans from other clubs are more then welcome to come talk to us about the league,If your coming on an away game or most importently build up/reaction to a game against us (like some chester fans did Very Happy)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 am

town supporter wrote:You're quite right, Daniel. If the grammar isn't correct then we should instantly dismiss what the poster has to say. Life would be a lot easier that way wouldn't it? Criticism of our club should be banned too. Not swearing or abusive behaviour though, particularly the type demonstrated by nelly29 who at one point was very much in favour of consulting the forum police, although he's clearly adopted a far more relaxed stance - good for him.

Anyway, now that's out of the way, my personal view is that harrogate has a better team but an inferior manager. I rather expect neither side to get promoted though as Guiseley are better than both of us.

Simon Weaver is not an inferior manager. Him getting involved in this club is the best thing that has happened to the club in a long time, because if he hadn't have taken the job, we wouldn't have Irving around as Chairman. If you cant support the current structure, then f**k off and go and support Railway, Knaresborough or Halifax.

The club can certainly do without negative fuckwits like you.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:58 am

town supporter wrote:You're quite right, Daniel. If the grammar isn't correct then we should instantly dismiss what the poster has to say. Life would be a lot easier that way wouldn't it? Criticism of our club should be banned too. Not swearing or abusive behaviour though, particularly the type demonstrated by nelly29 who at one point was very much in favour of consulting the forum police, although he's clearly adopted a far more relaxed stance - good for him.

TS I think you are being a little harsh in suggesting that we instantly dismiss what the poster has to say. I'm merely pointing out that it is a lot easier to read people's thoughts if they are written in a readable way without major grammatical errors.

I am sure that you are familiar with the words of Stifyn Emrys - “Ignore ignorance? You might as well withhold medicine from a very sick patient. Not only will the patient get worse, the disease will spread.”

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:02 pm

i think TS is being a bit sarcastic Dan saying that we should dismiss people who have bad grammar, not everyone is blessed with perfect grammar ( me included) its not an English test its a forum to express your views, you might not agree with certain views posted on here but as long as posters do not abuse other posters they have every right to express themselves check out other clubs forums you always have some people who are not happy with the way there club is going (except Chester) lol! thats what makes forums interesting to read
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Your joking, Chesters forum has the biggest set of moaning minnies I've ever rwad. They even have people dowting a manager whose about to give them three league titles in a row. Just shows, some people are never happy are they. Unlike me, I live in Shayngri La. Did I mention I'm the Greatest Living Shayman? No? You probably guessed that anyway. Bye , will be back when we've smashed you, in a few weeks. Very Happy
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:20 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:27 pm

probably the best forum i have seen in this league

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 pm

rangerider wrote: i think TS is being a bit sarcastic Dan saying that we should dismiss people who have bad grammar, not everyone is blessed with perfect grammar ( me included) its not an English test its a forum to express your views, you might not agree with certain views posted on here but as long as posters do not abuse other posters they have every right to express themselves check out other clubs forums you always have some people who are not happy with the way there club is going (except Chester) lol! thats what makes forums interesting to read

too right rangerider. Also, seems strange arguing the merits of good grammar when you've got nelly29 unable to complete a sentence without resorting to swearing and abusive language. I agree with you, much prefer a forum that is interesting to read whatever the opposition have to say.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:41 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:

Simon Weaver is not an inferior manager. Him getting involved in this club is the best thing that has happened to the club in a long time, because if he hadn't have taken the job, we wouldn't have Irving around as Chairman. If you cant support the current structure, then f**k off and go and support Railway, Knaresborough or Halifax.

The club can certainly do without negative fuckwits like you.

Another measured response from Nelly29, thanks for taking the time - i do enjoy your posts.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:44 pm

[/quote]

Simon Weaver is not an inferior manager. quote]

When i was referring to deluded supporters, its the type of comments made above that i had in mind. Are you feeling alright nelly29?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm feeling absolutely fine. It's you that has the problem with the current regime, not me.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:20 pm

BTTF wrote:Your joking, Chesters forum has the biggest set of moaning minnies I've ever rwad. They even have people dowting a manager whose about to give them three league titles in a row. Just shows, some people are never happy are they. Unlike me, I live in Shayngri La. Did I mention I'm the Greatest Living Shayman? No? You probably guessed that anyway. Bye , will be back when we've smashed you, in a few weeks. Very Happy

Good luck on our wasteland.....You guys will struggle to string 2 passes together,fact!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:22 am