Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+19
paulstreet
Dan_Gleebitz
Martin L
Big Lundy
htown
BTTF
Innocent Bystander
Ball and Socket
pie and chips
gedmaloney
TheNeil29
Irish_Sulphurite
rangerider
chester crewdson
Up The Town
trevdee
nztownfan
Chips97
JackHTFC
23 posters

Town vs Chester

rangerider
    rangerider

Town vs Chester - Page 3 Empty Re: Town vs Chester

Post by rangerider Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Apparently the technical issues with the “Harrogate match highlights” were the defence!!!

The real reason they cannot show it was it was confiscated by their forum police as it was to horrific to show to minors lol!

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm trying to work out where Halifax get their revenue from if they have to pay huge rent, HUGE wages and don't make any money from food...........oh yes they have a few subscribers to Halifax TV lol, won't be long until they fold and reform as AFC Numpties!!!

Reminds me of some of my friends who are Leeds fans " we should be in the prem, we should be winning the champions league"...Well actually you are where you are for a reason and that is due to piss poor management of the club in previous years.

Aspen would soon walk if budgets were cut, the only thing he is loyal to is his own ass!!!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Martin my voice still hasn't returned fully from Thursday - 50 fans out singing a 1000 funny!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:53 am

Hafilaxative have NEVER been a big club. Pinnacle of their achievement was getting into the 3 tier of the Football league for a short while. I used to work in Halifax and have been to the Shay with Halifax supporters who were a nice lot. Unfortunately like most clubs they get their share of keyboard warriors.

Anyhow, back to the subject of the thread. There wasn't a huge difference between the two teams. It was just that Chester were a fraction better in all departments (arguably not in goal though - a couple of Chester fans were quite jealous of us having Craig). But the biggest difference was that Chester seemed to cope with the conditions better than we did. While they adjusted their game, we seemed to not understand that there were patches of mud on the pitch into which the ball would stick.

Mind you. as I and others have said elsewhere, it must have been touch and go about the match taking place.
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:39 am

Yes, we belong 4 levels above you alright: you are two leagues above your level and we are two leagues below ours. As for out singing the home fans the other night, I was in the South Stand and we never heard you at all until you were sure you were going to win, which as it happened was about 30 seconds from the end, and a pretty feeble effort it was too from your mini bus of fans. Aspin isn't a Harrogate reject- HE rejected YOU, remember, to drop two leagues and manage a REAL football club. As I predicted on Thursday night, you got SMASHED by Chester on Saturday, and we'll do the same to you on 23rd. See you then. Very Happy
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 am

BTTF wrote:Yes, we belong 4 levels above you alright: you are two leagues above your level and we are two leagues below ours. As for out singing the home fans the other night, I was in the South Stand and we never heard you at all until you were sure you were going to win, which as it happened was about 30 seconds from the end, and a pretty feeble effort it was too from your mini bus of fans. Aspin isn't a Harrogate reject- HE rejected YOU, remember, to drop two leagues and manage a REAL football club. As I predicted on Thursday night, you got SMASHED by Chester on Saturday, and we'll do the same to you on 23rd. See you then. Very Happy

"Football's appeal and magnitude is such that it ignores race, religion and politics. Soccer has one real goal and that is to create friendship" - Pele Shocked
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am

Well as a 'deluded' supporter of a 'tin pot' club I feel very nervous about contributing anything to this 'debate', except to agree with much that most people have said! I was actually quite proud of our performance on Saturday (I also think the game should not have been played), 4th game in about 10 days against a team who have lost once all season and we gave them a real game. Yes they were better than us, but not markedly so, and it might have been dfferent if one or two things had gone our way.
    Like Neil I have been critical of Simon in previous seasons, but I don't see how anyone could (fairly) criticise him this season: great signings, in the play offs, 2nd round of the FA Cup, generally sound team selection (OK there is always going to be room for debate about that), and intelligent substitutions (oh, and great team spirit!). But then I'm just deluded...
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:20 pm

You can’t get more “tin pot” than going bust!!!!!
    Laughing

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 pm

True Big L, true. It was because their ambition outstripped their income.

Can someone confirm or deny that both Halifax and Chester are full time professional clubs? I seem to believe this is true but don't know where I got the information from. Are there any (other) "full timers" in our division?
    Chesterblue

Post by Chesterblue Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:True Big L, true. It was because their ambition outstripped their income.

Can someone confirm or deny that both Halifax and Chester are full time professional clubs? I seem to believe this is true but don't know where I got the information from. Are there any (other) "full timers" in our division?

We (Chester) are part time and I think Halifax are as well. Got a feeling Stalybridge are full time but may be wrong.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 pm

BTTF wrote:Yes, we belong 4 levels above you alright: you are two leagues above your level and we are two leagues below ours. As for out singing the home fans the other night, I was in the South Stand and we never heard you at all until you were sure you were going to win, which as it happened was about 30 seconds from the end, and a pretty feeble effort it was too from your mini bus of fans. Aspin isn't a Harrogate reject- HE rejected YOU, remember, to drop two leagues and manage a REAL football club. As I predicted on Thursday night, you got SMASHED by Chester on Saturday, and we'll do the same to you on 23rd. See you then. Very Happy

Erm, no you dont belong 4 levels above us, as you are in the same league as us? You certainly do not belong in the Championship, you'd be getting 6-7 stuck past you week in, week out in that league. And from your comment as to where we belong 2 leagues below, you will see from the League Positioning this season that we belong in this league, not 2 leagues below, strangely enough. (Unless i'm blind...)

And we didnt get smashed by Chester, they fully deserved the win from what I gather. It was our 4th game in 7 days, facing the League leaders. Even our most ardent fans realised that it would be a tricky fixture, and one that we had a slim chance of getting anything from.

Its Halifax fans like you that give the club a bad name, and you may notice that the reason for the lack of fans is that Harrogate doesnt have a fan base that can attract 1100+ to a midweek game. I'm glad Aspin left tbh, as he woudnt have done much of (or if even) a better job with the resources that Simon Weaver had when he took over.

We are a club on the up, and you will realise that come the 23rd. We are well on our way to becoming bigger and stronger than Halifax. Not yet i add, but in the next 10 years, we will be. It wouldnt surprise me if you went bust again.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very cold, but a very enjoyable day. Once again Harrogate fans were good, and fair play to their players having so many games and then playing on that. I think other teams will find them a handfull in the play offs, and god luck to them. Great performance by the team, and McGinn/Jarman/Gray/Horan were excellent. Also very well done to Hankin when he came on, caused them quite a bit of trouble. Thanks to Harrogate, and well done Chester!

from the Chester forum
    htown

Post by htown Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

BTTF your absolutely clueless. I've never met someone as delusional as you. There are so many bigger clubs in the conference premier than you that are there for a reason. Examples being Luton Town, Stockport County, Wrexham, Mansfield, Grimsby Town, Macclesfield,Hereford, Cambridge, gateshead, lincoln and that's just naming a few of the top of my head. If you belong in the Championship then so do all these clubs before you. Tool.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:08 pm

why are you wasting your time replying to him just give him these lol! lol! lol! lol! he will soon get tired,
    Irish_Sulphurite
    Irish_Sulphurite

Post by Irish_Sulphurite Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Lets not feed the Scalifax trolls and they will go away
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm not putting up with some tool, who thinks his squad belong 4 leagues above us.

He needed to be put in his place, and htown done that.
    harlowhill

Post by harlowhill Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:50 am

Just watching the youtube highlights, did that overhead kick cross the line, i am not sure.
    The pitch still looks awful, god is not a Harrogate town fan. Crying or Very sad
    eltonian

Post by eltonian Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 am

Yes it went over the line as in this picture on the chesterevents website but I am biased tho.
    Tried to put a link on here but would not let me as I am a new user.
    As for the Turner twins, Nathan Turner has played for Chester a lot this season and has been impressive in a holding midfielder role scoring against Droylesden.
    Lewis Turner has yet to start.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 am

JUst sen the highlights: first 'goal' looked decidely dodgy to me, was the WHOLE ball over the line, not convinced. Also Craig almost got his finger tips to the second goal, and they didn't show Knowlsy's great free kick! Good filming though.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:27 am

eltonian wrote:Yes it went over the line as in this picture on the chesterevents website but I am biased tho.
    Tried to put a link on here but would not let me as I am a new user.
    As for the Turner twins, Nathan Turner has played for Chester a lot this season and has been impressive in a holding midfielder role scoring against Droylesden.
    Lewis Turner has yet to start.
    I'll do it for you then Smile

just.....

Looking at the way it bounced in the You Tube video, I think it DID cross the line.
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:41 am

htown wrote:BTTF your absolutely clueless. I've never met someone as delusional as you. There are so many bigger clubs in the conference premier than you that are there for a reason. Examples being Luton Town, Stockport County, Wrexham, Mansfield, Grimsby Town, Macclesfield,Hereford, Cambridge, gateshead, lincoln and that's just naming a few of the top of my head. If you belong in the Championship then so do all these clubs before you. Tool.

Can none of you clowns read? Never mentioned the Championship. I only said we belong 4 divisions above your Tin Pot excuse for a club. Last nights crowd proves it: 184!! What a joke. You belong in Unibond North at best. Very Happy
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am

Jeez, a million years of evolution and we get BTTF to show for it. Shows that not all primates evolved!

Go back to your swamp geezer.
    htown

Post by htown Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 am

Regardless of what you say four divisions above us is the championship. Why not just be a normal human being and if you mean two levels above where we are now then say that!!! We can read it's just what were reading is so difficult to comprehend because its written by a delusional man who thinks his blue and the best thing since sliced bread. Also if we were bottom of the league i could understand you saying we don't belong in this league but were 5th and if were not good enough to be in this league then there are 17 clubs below us that also need to drop out.
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 am

I don't mean two, I mean four, why is it so hard to understand? You belong in Evo-Stik North playing derbies against the Railway, although your Tin Pot ground might struggle with the 200 locals who would turn out to watch them. Face it, your just not a football town - real football clubs have oranges at half time, not tea and cream cakes. Never mind though, in ten years you'll be a bigger and better club than us won't you - ha hah ha, I'm rolling on the floor laughing my arse off, bye bye. Laughing
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Yeah, well we will see in 10 years wont we. You will still be a bag of s**t.

You carry on your trolling, because all of the Harrogate Town Fans think you are an absolute f*****g joke, and provide us with some hilarious comments.

Get a grip, you demented loser. See you on the 23rd, t****r.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:55 am