Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+19
paulstreet
Dan_Gleebitz
Martin L
Big Lundy
htown
BTTF
Innocent Bystander
Ball and Socket
pie and chips
gedmaloney
TheNeil29
Irish_Sulphurite
rangerider
chester crewdson
Up The Town
trevdee
nztownfan
Chips97
JackHTFC
23 posters

Town vs Chester

TheNeil29

Town vs Chester - Page 2 Empty Re: Town vs Chester

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Shut up. You haven't beaten me. Never mind this s**t about mind games. The only thing you beat is your own dick.

Do us all a favour. Go and curl up in a corner and die.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Bolder didn't feature and Woods out also (possibly an injury)

Dean and Youhill given a run out. Liam Hardy came off the bench late on. Beesley still out and White safely off the pitch and on the bench saving the risk of a pointless sending off and suspension for vital games ahead

Today was nothing to do with tactics on the mud bath other than get it forward and to make sure we get through 4 games in 7 days. This was always the one that would have been the nice to have, and when we pressed after getting the goal back who knows if the second had gone in. In the end they were deserved winners, and we have games coming up where we need to keep our strongest players fresh and as injury free as possible.

As a matter of interest I notice that Aspins record isn't great against Chester either this season. When you are playing against a side getting crowds in the thousands and have Lee Trundle on the bench all the tactics in the world will count for little when you are simply playing against a better team who are probably top half conference standard now and didn't have a gruelling game two days before.

Not sure why TS should think that people who are pleased with progress this season are deluded. Being deluded when I went to school meant holding a belief or opinion about something contrary to or inspite of the evidence.

On the basis of the evidence such as the 17 teams in the league below us and the infrastructure of the club compared to previous regimes not to mention the cup run, the word deluded seems more appropriate as a description of the opinions consistently expressed by TS. All this carping on about the Weavers just sounds like an old fashioned resentful left wing bleat from someone who has a grudge against people with a bob or two and who are prepared to spend a little of it on the Club and their Son's career.

Clubs like ours cannot survive at this level or be remotely successful without subsidy. Remove the subsidy and watch people walk just like Aspin did. If you want to watch the Pritt Stick League North Yorkshire Division 2 then no one is stopping you but i would hope that Harrogate Town Football Club and its supporters have more ambition than that.

Perhaps TScan enlighten us with his own master plan for the Club.

Then again, wander down to the Stray on a Sunday morning and save the entrance fee.

Then again, it's only an opinion. Anyone have anything else to add ?

S.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Nowt wrong with being a lefty and defending your principles. Maybe you're a Cameron supporter in which case no wonder you're full of $hite.

My master plan involves sacking a manager who's only there because his family have money not because he has any ability.

You keep looking after no. 1 though, I'm sure you'll be very happy.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Yep one thing to add for me, infact 2

Why does Bloomer always come off the pitch with a pristine clean shirt?

Secondly TS only writes all of that to get a bite.....and Neil gets reeled in...Secretly TS loves the Weavers and loves where the club is moving!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:24 pm

town supporter wrote:Nowt wrong with being a lefty and defending your principles. Maybe you're a Cameron supporter in which case no wonder you're full of $hite.

My master plan involves sacking a manager who's only there because his family have money not because he has any ability.

Power to the people !

Wolfy would be proud.

S.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Trevdee. It worked because the guy is a bitter fool. So what if I bit? The bloke is a prick and needed telling that. If he got a kick out of it, that's his perogative. I couldn't care less really.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 pm

How predictable it is that TS appears when we lose to the League leaders. It's now so obvious that his venom and spleen are directed at "The Weavers", he seems to have lost the plot completely!

It really doesn't matter what he says any more - it is not of any relevance.

Well done to all concerned today. Players and everyone concerned with the Club did all that was asked of them - and more.
    I spoke to Chester fans, who enjoyed their day, and were very complimentary about our set-up.
    They looked forward meeting us again next season!!
    C'mon Town!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:37 pm

the game should never have been played today it was sad to see two good footballing sides trying to play football on a pitch like that, Chester deserved their win they where the better team by far thats why they are where they are, i think we lost about 400 supporters today with the weather and i think i can safely say that we will not be playing Tuesday night which will give the lads a bit of a rest, i thought the Chester supporters where a good crowd i enjoyed having a chat with them
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:04 am

town supporter wrote:Nowt wrong with being a lefty and defending your principles. Maybe you're a Cameron supporter in which case no wonder you're full of $hite.

What about answering the question affraid
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 am

is Town Supporter a Halifax Town supporter having a little fun at you some of your expense??

FOr the recored two things upset me yesterday... the pitch and Chib on the right wing again Mad

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:00 am

Mr Maloney, how very rude of me. You're clearly enjoying your holiday taking time out to find out my views on what's really best for the club! Sadly, as long as this forum allows numpties like nelly29 to direct offensive remarks towards another poster I don't particularly feel in the mood to share my masterplan with you. A family member of mine has recently passed away so been told to curl up and die wasn't the nicest thing to hear.

Anyway, I have enough about me to rise above such fools. You enjoy your holiday and keep doing what you think is best for the club.

Cheers,

Always a town supporter
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:24 am

Hope you all remembered Mothers Day. My dear mum & dad passed away year ago God rest their souls. My wife and son and me are off to visit my wife's mum and share a lovely day together. Lets concentrrate on the important issues in our lifes. To the Weaver, Maloney, Close & Tad's faniilies have a lovely day.xxxx
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:29 am

You have a lovely day as well b & s.

Best regards.

Neil.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Happy Sunday everyone ...

Just think if ...

We had nicked an equaliser against Colwyn Bay in the last seconds
    Halifax had nicked an equaliser against us in the last seconds
    We had staged an epic comeback from 3-0 down to draw against Chester in the last seconds

..... we would have come out of the week with 3 points

...... That is exactly the points tally we got!

Still in the play-off hunt with the last quarter of the season in focus

And already a season to remember for all kinds of fantastic reasons

G

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:Happy Sunday everyone ...

Just think if ...

We had nicked an equaliser against Colwyn Bay in the last seconds
    Halifax had nicked an equaliser against us in the last seconds
    We had staged an epic comeback from 3-0 down to draw against Chester in the last seconds

..... we would have come out of the week with 3 points

...... That is exactly the points tally we got!

Still in the play-off hunt with the last quarter of the season in focus

And already a season to remember for all kinds of fantastic reasons

G

Good point well made.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers out there.

S.
    BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:25 pm

slicker wrote:Bolder didn't feature and Woods out also (possibly an injury)

Dean and Youhill given a run out. Liam Hardy came off the bench late on. Beesley still out and White safely off the pitch and on the bench saving the risk of a pointless sending off and suspension for vital games ahead

Today was nothing to do with tactics on the mud bath other than get it forward and to make sure we get through 4 games in 7 days. This was always the one that would have been the nice to have, and when we pressed after getting the goal back who knows if the second had gone in. In the end they were deserved winners, and we have games coming up where we need to keep our strongest players fresh and as injury free as possible.

As a matter of interest I notice that Aspins record isn't great against Chester either this season. When you are playing against a side getting crowds in the thousands and have Lee Trundle on the bench all the tactics in the world will count for little when you are simply playing against a better team who are probably top half conference standard now and didn't have a gruelling game two days before.

Not sure why TS should think that people who are pleased with progress this season are deluded. Being deluded when I went to school meant holding a belief or opinion about something contrary to or inspite of the evidence.

On the basis of the evidence such as the 17 teams in the league below us and the infrastructure of the club compared to previous regimes not to mention the cup run, the word deluded seems more appropriate as a description of the opinions consistently expressed by TS. All this carping on about the Weavers just sounds like an old fashioned resentful left wing bleat from someone who has a grudge against people with a bob or two and who are prepared to spend a little of it on the Club and their Son's career.

Clubs like ours cannot survive at this level or be remotely successful without subsidy. Remove the subsidy and watch people walk just like Aspin did. If you want to watch the Pritt Stick League North Yorkshire Division 2 then no one is stopping you but i would hope that Harrogate Town Football Club and its supporters have more ambition than that.

Then again, wander down to the Stray on a Sunday morning and save the entrance fee.

S.

Aspins done alright against Chester thanks: Pld 3 W1 D1 L1 F5 A4, and even there lot agreed we hammered them in all three games. Don't know if you've looked at the table but he finished a good few points ahead of you last year and is still head this year with games in hand on you. Not that were interested in you, it's just that your Tin Pottery showed when you thought beating us made you bleeding Brazil. You won't be as lucky as you were Thursday all season. By the way, if you need subsidy to stay at this level, you don't belong here. #getbacktodogandduck. Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:54 pm

BTTF wrote:
    slicker wrote:Bolder didn't feature and Woods out also (possibly an injury)

S.

Aspins done alright against Chester thanks: Pld 3 W1 D1 L1 F5 A4, and even there lot agreed we hammered them in all three games. Don't know if you've looked at the table but he finished a good few points ahead of you last year and is still head this year with games in hand on you. Not that were interested in you, it's just that your Tin Pottery showed when you thought beating us made you bleeding Brazil. You won't be as lucky as you were Thursday all season. By the way, if you need subsidy to stay at this level, you don't belong here. #getbacktodogandduck. Very Happy

I think you have got it the wrong way round. We expected nothing out of Thursday whereas you did.

Your problem is that are one of the many ex league outfits who (due to lack of subsidy to keep you in business) dropped through the divisions like Felix Baumgartner in a vacuum. You have a chip on your shoulder because you are not were you think you should be, but the fact is that you are not good enough to get out of this league and we beat you on Tuesday night.

See you next season. Good luck to Chester and Guiseley in the Conference.

S.

BTTF
    BTTF

Post by BTTF Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:42 pm

We did not drop through the divisions like anyone in a watsit. We went bust in one league and reformed as a new club in another. We don't have a chip on our shoulder, we know we will soon be back where we belong, which is at least 4 steps higher than Tin Pot clubs like you. We laugh at how nothing little clubs like yours think beating our team means you are now a great side, although to be honest I don't remember losing to you on Tuesday. You won't be so lucky again as you were on Thursday for a long time. It will be a different outcome in the return game when there will be some expectation on your team to creep out of there own half once in a while. There will be up to a thousand Shaymen there, however will your tiny little Tin Pot ground cope? Basketball
    htown

Post by htown Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Your club is as good as the league in which it is in. I don't know who you think you and your club are but your at this level so don't cry about it if you don't get a result against teams in this league just because you perceive your club as being bigger and if your club were as good as you describe them as being you would be at the top of the league. At least four steps higher placing you in the Championship? Are you having a laugh? Your club is big at this level but your just a relatively small club living in it's past. You have no right to label clubs like Harrogate tin pot clubs as what is yours if it's in the same league? Also if you find it funny how small clubs go crazy when they beat you why do you feel so strongly that you would make an account and comment on a 'tinpot club' forum. I'm sorry but get a grip you absolute tool.
    htown

Post by htown Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Also you say this but give it a few years and you might get promoted fair enough but without a solid structure or larger fan base you will just end up bust which differs from Harrogate as Irving is creating a largely self-sufficient club with a great infrastructure which will prevent us from "doing a halifax".
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Well said htown. The difference is that we are doing it the right way, and with Irving at the club, it excites me at the potential that lies within. Watch the parallel between the 2 clubs in 10 years as Harrogate Town FC will be a bigger, stronger, self sufficient and professional football club. We are building for the future. It may be the chairman's son in charge, but Halifax have a harrogate reject in charge who decided to jump ship when the going got tough.

Watch in the future. We will be bigger, and better than Halifax.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:54 pm

And to add to that. Simon was the man who had the balls and the hunger to take the role on, before his dad invested in the club. I have been a fervent critic of Simon in the past, but he is proving a lot of people wrong now, and I am happy he is proving me wrong, and to bring another point, we had 3000 people at our 'little tin pot' ground, and coped absolutely fine. You will see how good our little 'tin pot' club is when you and your 999 other Shaymen visit on the 23rd. And hopefully, leave with nothing but a bruised ego and 0 points.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    scratch
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Apparently the technical issues with the “Harrogate match highlights” were the defence!!!
    Laughing

Martin L

Post by Martin L Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:12 pm

well done innocent bystander, good comments. we are Harrogate Town, a friendly, small club with ambition. visiting fans love our club and I love hosting our visitors. We were fantastic at Halifax on Thursday, I was so proud and happy. The fans were fantastic. We are having a great season with Simon and the team. lets all keep together, respect each other and keep loving our club.

martin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 am