Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+18
creditwhereitsdue
Chips97
Innocent Bystander
paulstreet
htown
Grantman
Dan_Gleebitz
j2021
Ball and Socket
nevershaydie
Martin L
trevdee
TheNeil29
James/Bal
nztownfan
Harry O
TooManyPies
rangerider
22 posters

Halifax 1 Town 2

trevdee
    trevdee

Halifax 1 Town 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Halifax 1 Town 2

Post by trevdee Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Agh some Halifax sense.......I think we all agree we somehow escaped with a victory, how you didn't score is beyond us but that is football and thats why we celebrated like we had won the world cup at the end. The same happened to us against Colwyn, we even hit the bar in stopage time and we felt bitter for about 10 minutes but then moved on.

Well as always we welcome all away fans with open arms, you will enjoy the CNG (small, compact and close to the pitch)
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 am

town supporter wrote:
    nevershaydie wrote:I've said all I needed to say to be honest which was a true reflection of the game. Nothing further to add.

I might be back after the game on the 23rd!

Nevershaydie, I stopped posting on here as like you say they're mostly a deluded lot and my negative comments prompted some on here to report me to the forum police! My happiest days supporting Harrogate were when Aspin was in charge. Pure football, always a game plan and knew how to defend a lead. The quality of football was always excellent. Anyone who knows Aspin would realise he's capable of coaching at a higher level but has always been loyal to the clubs he's represented, not that he hasn't had the opportunity as some deluded people have suggested.

All the best,

Town Supporter

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    PELE10

Post by PELE10 Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:29 am

Having been a major critic of Simon Weaver's tactical inadequacies and reactive tactical substitutions. I must post my CONGRATULATIONS to a job very very well done! The team selection, substitutions and pro-active tactics were absolutely spot on! Well done to Simon, John McDermott, all players, backroom staff and all my fellow noisy town supporters! FINGERS CROSSED for this aft!
    Irish_Sulphurite
    Irish_Sulphurite

Post by Irish_Sulphurite Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:23 am

So much hatred for Aspin on here. He got us closer to promotion than anyone. Here's hoping the Weaver clan can emulate Aspin years and get us over the finishing line.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:25 am

Irish_Sulphurite wrote:So much hatred for Aspin on here. He got us closer to promotion than anyone. Here's hoping the Weaver clan can emulate Aspin years and get us over the finishing line.

this this this Very Happy

welcome to the forum Irish Sulphurite.. might i ask which part of ireland your from?
    Irish_Sulphurite
    Irish_Sulphurite

Post by Irish_Sulphurite Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 am

Living in Cork City. I was a season ticket holder during the Aspin years then moved to Southampton and then to Ireland so I have been limited to following town online/TV since :'(

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:45 am

well you havent really missed much between Aspin and now in terms of winning football matchs Laughing but we are looking good this season and some think our team is actually better then it was under Aspin Smile

Are you a memeber of the supporters club?... i belive we already have three members from belfast so we could have a harrogate town irish supporters branch set up soon Laughing
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Do I need to start a world map?
    Irish_Sulphurite
    Irish_Sulphurite

Post by Irish_Sulphurite Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:24 pm

I'm not currently a member. I was thinking it might be to late and wondering what incentives there is for an exiled fan? Is the membership done by season or year?
    Irish_Sulphurite
    Irish_Sulphurite

Post by Irish_Sulphurite Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Forgot to add that a Belfast supporters club would be great or even just call it the Emerald Isle HTAFC supporters club so those in far south like me arent left out. Was it the guys in Belfast that got Town to come over to Crusaders in pre season?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:27 am

There hasn't been any 'Aspin hatred' that I have noticed, just some typical fans banter: getting one over on a 'big team', former manager etc. Aspin WAS a a good manager for Town (although I seem to remember a lot of rather boring 1-0 wins (still we won), and bottling it several seasons in a row re: the play offs, not to mentuion having one or two subs on the bench!)), but he did a good job for us, and I don't think he wanted to leave...just could not work with a drastically reduced budget, fair enough.
    On their current form I 'd say it was between Guiseley and Halifax for that second promotion spot, good luck to Neil if he gets it. Won't stop me having some friendly banter come the 23rd...especially if nevershaydie graces us with his presence again Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 am