Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+18
creditwhereitsdue
Chips97
Innocent Bystander
paulstreet
htown
Grantman
Dan_Gleebitz
j2021
Ball and Socket
nevershaydie
Martin L
trevdee
TheNeil29
James/Bal
nztownfan
Harry O
TooManyPies
rangerider
22 posters

Halifax 1 Town 2

rangerider
    rangerider

Halifax 1 Town 2 Empty Halifax 1 Town 2

Post by rangerider Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:42 pm

can't believe it Laughing by this horse tastes good lol!

Halifax 1 Town 2 Empty Re: Halifax 1 Town 2

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:44 pm

rangerider wrote:can't believe it Laughing by this horse tastes good lol!

What a result after Tuesday.

Serious contenders now. Roll on Chester.

S.
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:47 pm

What a win! That text commentary on the Halifax site really put me through the emotional mill. Have some of that Neil Aspin!!!
    Harry O

Post by Harry O Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Brilliant result. Sorry l could not be there but stuck in Manchester. Roll on Chester
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:01 pm

YES!!! Had a terrible day until i found out this result Very Happy Roll on Chester
    James/Bal

Post by James/Bal Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 pm

This result is off the Richter scale massive. Unbelievable, you can almost feel the shock waves heading all over the BSBN .

I'm lovin' it.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 pm

should add a few more hundred for the Chester match great result, why are we so good away?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm stunned, and speechless.

Well done to Simon and the team......i'm lost for words.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:26 pm

I'm home with no voice, what a win..........immense from the guys, it was almost the equivalent of the Barca-Chelsea game last season, they dominated but we defended with our lives. Great vocals from the Harrogate contingent too, was a very special night, all part of a special season for us!!!!!

We have played much better than that all season but actually I don't give a toss.......A win is a win (read that Halifax fans and weep)!!!
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:08 am

just got home. soooooo delighted for everyone, especially a fantastic group of fans who sang out loud and we all had a great evening. an absolute credit to the town and club.

I have a meeting on sunday about a new range of leisurewear/merchandise.....more to follow at the HTSC meeting next Thursday.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:21 am

Some interesting reading on Alty, Halifax and Chester Forums.

Alty - they can't believe we won
    Halifax - they can't believe we won
    Chester - they can't believe we will win

Game on !

S.

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:38 am

Some on the Halifax say Hinckley created more chances and we were crap...

Erm we came to do exactly what we did tonight, capitalise on a couple of mistakes and then shut up shop.......If we had of played open attacking football we may well have got beat..Not our fault we have a manager who was tactically switched on tonight, and made impressive subs, compared to Aspin who panicked (his level is BSN, he will fail any higher).

We have been the underdogs all season, and have fallen below everyone's radar, but we have a skilled team who will battle, and I have no doubt they will spill blood on Saturday too...The moment Chester under estimate us the moment they will walk away with a loss. Funny with the Alty lot, I have read a few of their threads since our 3-0 defeat and they measure us against the 2 wins, however in the first game they were on top for just 10 minutes at the start and we dominated 80 minutes, completely out passed them and the game at theirs can hardly count as we played the majority with 10 men (i know if we played Alty 10 times we would win 8 of them).......All dumb if they think they can write us off!!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:39 am

from the alty forum

Re: Halifax v Harrogate
    « Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 09:47:32 pm »

Not usually someone who pays to much attention to other results but them winning there is a blow and means they are a decent outfit
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 am

My work isnt normally a football place, but I walked in at half 8 this morning, and the main subject was Halifax vs Town!!!

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.....
    nevershaydie

Post by nevershaydie Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:16 am

trevdee wrote:Funny with the Alty lot, I have read a few of their threads since our 3-0 defeat and they measure us against the 2 wins, however in the first game they were on top for just 10 minutes at the start and we dominated 80 minutes, completely out passed them and the game at theirs can hardly count as we played the majority with 10 men (i know if we played Alty 10 times we would win 8 of them).......All dumb if they think they can write us off!!

So 8 times out of 10 we would beat you then. Your 'tactics' last night were to cling on for dear life whilst being battered in the second half by a clearly far superior team. Unfortunately for us a combination of bad luck and poor finshing (and a couple of decent saves from an otherwise very dodgy keeper) stopped us from registering a cricket score.

Some pearlers on here. You didn't 'shut-up shop'. You just couldn't get out of your half because you weren't good enough. It wasn't good defending, just poor finishing and a huge slice of luck. Impressive subs? None of the subs you made in the second half changed anything, we battered you for the full 45 minutes. Aspin panicked? That's simply a bitter anti-Aspin Arragate thing to say - how is it panicking to put out a team which abosultely dominates a game against a play-off rival and creates dozens of opportunities? What more could he ask for from his players other than to actually put the damn ball in the net once every 6 or 7 chances?

We've scored for fun lately and have battered teams just like we battered you, but when we hit the bar in the last minute for the third time it was clear it just wasn't going to be our night.

The reason people are saying you were crap is because you were. Capitilised on two gifts (excellent finish for your second btw) otherwise created nothing. Not one chance. At all. If that had been a bottom half team I'd have thought 'well done', but for a play-off team it's embarassing.

It's a results business and that's all the history books will show. Congratulations on the win, it must feel like you've won against a Premier League team in the FA Cup. Chance for us to get well deserved revenge in 2 weeks though.

This is not a trolling attempt, it's a genuine and fair reflection on the game. Like you've said a win is a win, but I hope you play better than last night on the 23rd because you've used all your luck!

Last edited by nevershaydie on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 am; edited 5 times in total
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 am

haha go away and get over it!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:41 am

GAME ON ON 23rd THEN Very Happy Not only did we have to defend well last night we had a referee who was a wee bit one sided. Apart from the handball near the end of course!! We battered Colwyn Bay on Tuesday and got what Halifax got. Zilch!! That's football. As Jose said "the better team lost". We got the three points and our superheroes however "crap" our Halifax friend thinks they are they are OUR "crap" and we'll support you evermore. Chester on Saturday. If 50+ of us can raise the roof at Halifax what can several hundred do? Come on lads lets lift the team again and show the rest of the league we mean BUSINESS. COME ON TOWN. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy HAPPY DAYS Well done Simon & John. Keep it up.
    nevershaydie

Post by nevershaydie Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 am

At least Colwyn are a team fighting to stay up. You can understand them being completely battered but scrapng a result. But for a team in 5th to play like that shows the gulf in quality.

I've already said - not good defending. We had enough chances to win 3 games. Just luck and poor finishing. I forgot about the blatant handball too. More luck!

Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:57 am

You can't win every game. If we do the double on Halifax I suppose that will be more luck!! If that happens and we beat you in the play-offs I suppose the luck will have continued and you'll still be a sick as a parrott clown
    nevershaydie

Post by nevershaydie Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:59 am

Ball and Socket wrote:You can't win every game. If we do the double on Halifax I suppose that will be more luck!! If that happens and we beat you in the play-offs I suppose the luck will have continued and you'll still be a sick as a parrott clown

Nope, not at all. I'm basing my comments on last night's game alone which are all an accurate representation of what actually happened. If you play like that on 23rd and again in the play-offs (should we face you) I think it's fair to say we would fancy our chances!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am

Have to say it was an outstanding performance from every player on that pitch tonight!
    We got our 2 early goals and we're looking really strong in the early stages. However, at the start of the 2nd half it was clear we were on the back foot and weren't going to score any more goals and it was down to Simon's brilliant tactical decisions that we came out of the game with a win.

Was a bit worried when he took Nowakowski off and moved Bloomer to midfield but he defended well, even Chib at right wing worked perfectly the second half, he must've literally broken up 5 or 6 dangerous looking attacks down our right hand side!

And you could see the emotion in the celebration from all the players and management team, they are all up for the fight and they are all pulling in the right direction, brilliant to see that sort of team spirit.

Keep it up, Simon, John and the lads!

Now let's get behind the team and make some noise on Saturday!!!

Simon Weavers Barmy Army!

P.S. @nevershaydie Sorry to say it but our manager was just tactically better on the night, feels very good to be able to say that!

Last edited by j2021 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:08 am

nevershaydie wrote:
    trevdee wrote:Funny with the Alty lot, I have read a few of their threads since our 3-0 defeat and they measure us against the 2 wins, however in the first game they were on top for just 10 minutes at the start and we dominated 80 minutes, completely out passed them and the game at theirs can hardly count as we played the majority with 10 men (i know if we played Alty 10 times we would win 8 of them).......All dumb if they think they can write us off!!

So 8 times out of 10 we would beat you then. Your 'tactics' last night were to cling on for dear life whilst being battered in the second half by a clearly far superior team. Unfortunately for us a combination of bad luck and poor finshing (and a couple of decent saves from an otherwise very dodgy keeper) stopped us from registering a cricket score.

Some pearlers on here. You didn't 'shut-up shop'. You just couldn't get out of your half because you weren't good enough. It wasn't good defending, just poor finishing and a huge slice of luck. Impressive subs? None of the subs you made in the second half changed anything, we battered you for the full 45 minutes. Aspin panicked? That's simply a bitter anti-Aspin Arragate thing to say - how is it panicking to put out a team which abosultely dominates a game against a play-off rival and creates dozens of opportunities? What more could he ask for from his players other than to actually put the damn ball in the net once every 6 or 7 chances?

We've scored for fun lately and have battered teams just like we battered you, but when we hit the bar in the last minute for the third time it was clear it just wasn't going to be our night.

The reason people are saying you were crap is because you were. Capitilised on two gifts (excellent finish for your second btw) otherwise created nothing. Not one chance. At all. If that had been a bottom half team I'd have thought 'well done', but for a play-off team it's embarassing.

It's a results business and that's all the history books will show. Congratulations on the win, it must feel like you've won against a Premier League team in the FA Cup. Chance for us to get well deserved revenge in 2 weeks though.

This is not a trolling attempt, it's a genuine and fair reflection on the game. Like you've said a win is a win, but I hope you play better than last night on the 23rd because you've used all your luck!

Let me ask you one question………who won last night?

3 points is 3 points, you are all just embarrassed because a bunch of ‘cloggers’ turned over your so called fantastic team.

Get a grip, get over it, and see you in a fortnight.
    nevershaydie

Post by nevershaydie Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:15 am

Jeez there's some deluded people on here. This whole 'our tactics were better' stuff is laughable! You were terrible - luck and poor finishing. End of.

And I never said you were 'cloggers' and I never said we were a 'fantastic' football team.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:20 am

Well actually your representation is factually incorrect regarding our tactics.......We started with a 4-4-2, we got to half time 2-1 up and Weaver changed to a 4-5-1...We then decided to save our playmaker's legs (Bolder) by bringing him off and he was replaced by a center half, whilst moving another center half into the holding midfield role. At that stage we had no intention of attacking, we took a gamble to soak up pressure and it worked, the subs did what they were told to do (yes lucky, but you need a slice of luck sometimes), naturally attacking flair players doing their bit, sitting back and grafting for the team.

That is the first time we have played like that all season, and after going at Colwyn's throats for 90 minutes on Tuesday, wave after wave of attack, I'm not suprised we sat back and defended (we didn't have the luxury of resting key players). You are clearly a quality team, but luck and tactics won it for us.....must say considering the amount of fans you get, the atmosphere was a bit drabby.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:32 am

Well, you will see how 'deluded' we are in a fortnight, and you have to come to our place. Let me assure you, a warm welcome would await you, but it will be a red hot atmosphere. You got nearly 1200 in your place last night? If we got that in our place for the game in a fortnight, there would be a massive difference in the noise levels.

I mentioned 'Cloggers' because some smart arse Halifax fan decided to put in on the website's live match feed last night when they were bitching about being 2-1 down. I didnt state that you said it.

Its not our fault if your strikers couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo. We were lucky, but it wont be down to luck in a fortnight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 am