Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+18
creditwhereitsdue
Chips97
Innocent Bystander
paulstreet
htown
Grantman
Dan_Gleebitz
j2021
Ball and Socket
nevershaydie
Martin L
trevdee
TheNeil29
James/Bal
nztownfan
Harry O
TooManyPies
rangerider
22 posters

Halifax 1 Town 2

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Halifax 1 Town 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Halifax 1 Town 2

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:35 am

nevershaydie wrote:Jeez there's some deluded people on here. This whole 'our tactics were better' stuff is laughable! You were terrible - luck and poor finishing. End of.
    I suggest that you read the report on your website first.

Here's a link -

"Click here please

And a quote "It ended a desperately frustrating night for the Shaymen, who threw everything they physically could at a stubborn Harrogate, though ultimately fell short.

We've had games like that too. At the end of the day, no amount of arguing is going to get you the 3 points. We scored one more than you on the night. Our defence held up. Your's didn't.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:44 am

I would be quite sympathetic if they were graceful in defeat but oh no not the Halifax supporters........"my dad is still bigger than yours" absolutely pathetic.

They will never change, and therefore last night pleases me more than any result this season.....here is to 2 weeks time, when I can witness them cry again.
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 am

nevershaydie wrote:Jeez there's some deluded people on here. This whole 'our tactics were better' stuff is laughable! You were terrible - luck and poor finishing. End of.

And I never said you were 'cloggers' and I never said we were a 'fantastic' football team.

Hey geezer,

The simple truth is, we won and you didn't. It doesn't have to be a pretty game, just effective and our defence and goalkeeper stopped your team from scoring. It doesn't matter how many attempts you have on the onion bag - you got to put them away and from what I saw last night your lot could have shot all night and not scored.

As the advert says "Simples"

Right then me old marra - do one and jog on!
    htown

Post by htown Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 am

Nevershaydie i found your dummy.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 am

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:I suggest that you read the report on your website first.

Um, and you might like to point out that the spelling is about as accurate as you say your finishing was. I wasn't there due to another commitment so I can't comment.

But I will however apologise for Grantman. He seems to think that people from the South actually talk like Del boy.
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 am

You don't need to apologise for me, if you don't like the way I talk, that's your problem not mine geezer.

Least my user name isn't ought to do with genitals!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 am

Blimey O'Riley, I wasn't expecting that Smile Smile I bet you were a bunch of happy bunnies on the coach going back last night...hope you observed the no alchohol rule Martin Smile

I wish nevershaydie would keep posting...its hilarious!

Fantastic result, I must confess I thought I might be sounding the last post for the play off places, but we are still in there fighting.

Memo to the lads: you are allowed to score goals in the last 75 minutes you know Shocked

Bring on Chester...anything is possible now.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:55 am

We ALL respected the non alcohol rule !!! We were all overcome and under the influence of hard work, grit, determination and a nice slice of luck.
    nevershaydie

Post by nevershaydie Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:07 pm

I've said all I needed to say to be honest which was a true reflection of the game. Nothing further to add.

I might be back after the game on the 23rd!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:43 pm

This is what local derby games in the BSN is all about! Fantastic to see Halifax, Guiseley and Harrogate doing so well

Shout out to the Halifax people, I was helping to host the Melbourne Storm a few weeks back and the warmth of the reception they got from Halifax left a fantastic impression with them .... not sure if the footy club and FC Halifax are linked in anyway ... maybe someone else will know

Hope the Town players got their protein shakes and ice baths straight away last night and that they are spending Friday chilling at the Academy!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:44 pm

nevershaydie wrote:I've said all I needed to say to be honest which was a true reflection of the game. Nothing further to add.

and then again might not lol!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:59 pm

nevershaydie wrote:I've said all I needed to say to be honest which was a true reflection of the game. Nothing further to add.

Nevershaydie, I stopped posting on here as like you say they're mostly a deluded lot and my negative comments prompted some on here to report me to the forum police! My happiest days supporting Harrogate were when Aspin was in charge. Pure football, always a game plan and knew how to defend a lead. The quality of football was always excellent. Anyone who knows Aspin would realise he's capable of coaching at a higher level but has always been loyal to the clubs he's represented, not that he hasn't had the opportunity as some deluded people have suggested.

All the best,

Town Supporter
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Town Supporter, do us all a favour and just get lost. Your negativite comments are ridiculous.

It comes to something when you are that bitter, you support the comments of an opposition fan. You should be ashamed to call yourself 'Town Supporter'. You should call yourself 'Bitter Town Supporter'.

Do us all a favour and stop posting again.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:18 pm

town supporter wrote:

Nevershaydie, I stopped posting on here as like you say they're mostly a deluded lot and my negative comments prompted some on here to report me to the forum police! My happiest days supporting Harrogate were when Aspin was in charge. Pure football, always a game plan and knew how to defend a lead. The quality of football was always excellent. Anyone who knows Aspin would realise he's capable of coaching at a higher level but has always been loyal to the clubs he's represented, not that he hasn't had the opportunity as some deluded people have suggested.

All the best,

Town Supporter

Nice post Mrs Aspin lol!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:23 pm

rangerider wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

All the best,

Town Supporter

Nice post Mrs Aspin lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! Sleep Sleep Sleep
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:31 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    rangerider wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

All the best,

Town Supporter

Nice post Mrs Aspin lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! Sleep Sleep Sleep

I actually got talking to Mrs Aspin at a famous gym in Leeds a few years ago....I can't really say much about the conversation on here because the league police may come after me, or some kind of police but it is safe to say from that conversation, she wouldn't be supporting Neil on here (unless of course he is a changed man on the home front too).....Infact it was a strange conversation, she opened up to a stranger about the ugly goings on!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:38 pm

That will be something to taunt him with on the 23rd!!

I will have to think up of something special for that one!!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Grantman wrote:You don't need to apologise for me, if you don't like the way I talk, that's your problem not mine geezer.

We don't talk like that in the South any more than you Northerners play ecky thump every night and keep whippets in the bath Laughing

Grantman wrote:Least my user name isn't ought to do with genitals!
    Nor's mine. I happen to like stalactites.

Oh and Neil, I can vouch that Town Supporter IS a Harrogate Town supporter. However, I have it from a very reliable source that he's a bit henpecked and normally does as he's told Wink

Worried though if he thinks the happiest times were during Aspin's period. No reflection on Aspin, but the club wasn't a happy place to be or visit during that time (in my opinion) due to reasons certainly out of Aspin's influence or control.

However, I do know someone who was privvy to one of his half time team talks at Town (now there's a difficult thing to say when you're drunk) when we were losing at half time. We didn't win. 'Nuff said.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:49 pm

What a great result last night! I was absolutely buzzing after that performance! It was nice to get some good vocal support from our fans Very Happy I can honestly say that all the players put 100% effort in and made sure of the result with Weaver doing some great tactical decisions in the second half! It was very nervy game and the last chance of the game that hit the bar didn't make it any better..!! Can't wait for Saturday now! and we get to beat Halifax at home on the 23rd as well!! Chib looked much better yesterday and made some crucial challenges when playing on the right. Lets get behind the lads on Saturday and keep fighting for our play off spot! Very Happy That result was just what I wanted after Tuesdays disappointment! Smile
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 pm

i admit i am not a great fan of Simon nothing against him seems like a nice guy but would have preferred a more experienced manager like John Deacey but we have him and it looks like he's staying so we have to get behind him and the team, i think he might have learned a lot from this season
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    Grantman wrote:You don't need to apologise for me, if you don't like the way I talk, that's your problem not mine geezer.

We don't talk like that in the South any more than you Northerners play ecky thump every night and keep whippets in the bath Laughing

Grantman wrote:Least my user name isn't ought to do with genitals!
    Nor's mine. I happen to like stalactites.

Oh and Neil, I can vouch that Town Supporter IS a Harrogate Town supporter. However, I have it from a very reliable source that he's a bit henpecked and normally does as he's told Wink

Worried though if he thinks the happiest times were during Aspin's period. No reflection on Aspin, but the club wasn't a happy place to be or visit during that time (in my opinion) due to reasons certainly out of Aspin's influence or control.

However, I do know someone who was privvy to one of his half time team talks at Town (now there's a difficult thing to say when you're drunk) when we were losing at half time. We didn't win. 'Nuff said.

Well you obviously haven't been down my neck of the woods then, but like I said your problem not mine.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Lor' luv a duck! I don't 'ave a problem, I just fnk what it's a bi' weird when people fnk we all talk like Del boy from only fools an' 'orses. I don't fnk I've ever 'eard anyone speak like what except possibly on Eastenders.

Up da Bobby Brown. Know what I mean? Wink
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:42 pm

I forgot to mention earlier to that Halifax numpty that we are so crap and one dimensional, we didn't put 6 goals past Brackley, or 6 past Corby or 5, past Hinckley......Oh and we didn't beat Torquay and Hyde to get to the 2nd round of the FA cup...nope it is all my imagination!!
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:42 pm

trevdee wrote:I forgot to mention earlier to that Halifax numpty that we are so crap and one dimensional, we didn't put 6 goals past Brackley, or 6 past Corby or 5, past Hinckley......Oh and we didn't beat Torquay and Hyde to get to the 2nd round of the FA cup...nope it is all my imagination!!

Some very good points there geezer
    creditwhereitsdue

Post by creditwhereitsdue Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi. Halifax fan here.

Please ignore the comments of one or two prats who can't handle defeat graciously. He/they are not representative of the majority of us.

We DID have the better of the play last night but creating chances doesn't win football matches; scoring goals does. At the end of it all, you won fair and square and that's that. You're obviously a decent side at this level or you wouldn't have the record you do.

Looking forward to the return game. It'll be my first trip to Harrogate Town. I'm taking my kids to Valley Gardens - something - near the train station (in the morning). Hoping for some good weather and a nice day. And a nice match.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:54 am