Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Geoff
j2021
6 posters

Town 3 Vauxhall Cavaliers 0

Town 3 Vauxhall Cavaliers 0 Empty Town 3 Vauxhall Cavaliers 0

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Oooo Matron ! What a carry on. Great new announcer, great performance from a team working hard for each other. Impossible to single out one player, but we hardly lost a ball in the air at the back, closed down in midfield then passed it, and looked a real threat upfront. Contrast to last season when we looked like conceding at every set piece and strolled around in a strop up front (scooby excluded)
    Danny Holland, your boys are in for a hell of a beating !

Slicker
    j2021

Town 3 Vauxhall Cavaliers 0 Empty Re: Town 3 Vauxhall Cavaliers 0

Post by j2021 Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 pm

What a great performane from all over the pitch everyplayer was outstanding and fully committed... I thought Jon Maloney was quality got stuck in scored an amazing 25 yard strike and didnt deserve a yellow card at all... thought the defense looked pretty solid and everytime we got forward we looksed extremely dangerous !!! VERY PLEASING PERFORMANCE!!!!!
    thought Durham also looked a klass apart on the right wing CMON TOWN!!!!!!.
    Geoff

Post by Geoff Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:57 pm

A quick word for Vauxhall - I have seen them play at Wetherby Road on several occasions and this was the best style of football I have seen from them so far, getting it down on the deck and trying to play from the back, I hope they keep trying to do this, they were a watchable side
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Very much agree there Geoff, it was a good display of football from both sides!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:Very much agree there Geoff, it was a good display of football from both sides!

I must concur, a very entertaining game to watch, the commitment was excellent to see and a breath of fresh air in relation to last seasons squad.

Curtis Woodhouse, deserved the MOM he was all over the place causing havoc and looked like he should have scored a couple.

Jon Maloney, missed his goal but apparently was a quality strike, looked really composed throughout the game and looked like he could play another 90 minutes.

Luke Durham, quick agile player, got forward and looks like he will score a few.

John Lamb, An assured performance, didn't really have a great deal to do, looked promising, getting ready to eat my words on this one (hopefully!)

All in all, a terrific TEAM performance and I feel will only get stronger and better.

Well done lads.

COME ON TOWN...COME ON TOWN...COME ON TOWN

Last edited by sulphurite on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammatical errors, of which there will be a few, but too few to mention?)
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:58 am

What can I add? Fantastic performance, full of skill (second hald especially), and committment, something in short supply last season. Motors played some really nice football in the first half, but never really threatened to score, we looked dangerous every move, esp. in the 2nd half: probably should have won 4-0 in the end. Eastwood will be a sterner challenge on Saturday, I guess we will have a better idea how much potential this team has after that game. Bring it on!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Also thought id add thought the programme was great just read it yesterday Very Happy nice interview with Simon and nice to hear from Mctiernan in captains corner thingy...
    The only thing i would like is the little interviews you did last year with some of the players asking what team they support and stuff like that i always liked that page of the programme. * just looekd at an old programme it was called 90 minutes and asked them the funniest or classic moment at town. lets you get to know the players a bit more Smile
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:57 pm

j2021 wrote:Also thought id add thought the programme was great just read it yesterday Very Happy nice interview with Simon and nice to hear from Mctiernan in captains corner thingy...
    The only thing i would like is the little interviews you did last year with some of the players asking what team they support and stuff like that i always liked that page of the programme. * just looekd at an old programme it was called 90 minutes and asked them the funniest or classic moment at town. lets you get to know the players a bit more Smile

Hi j2021, Thanks for the comments, don't fear - 90 minutes will make a return, I need to let the lads settle into the club before I attack them with those questions. I found I got better answers towards the middle/latter part of the season, especially wehn all the players have changed.

Glad you liked the interview with Simon, he is very easy to talk to and only time stopped me from getting enough material to fill a book! The next programme has a interview with new skipper Dave McTiernan!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Nice work Big Red Machine, im glad 90 mins will be back Very Happy and yep u will get better answers i spose the more the season goes on especially the funny or classic moments. And i will be looking forward to the interview with Dave. Keep Up the great work cheers
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:13 pm

I haven't enjoyed a game at Wetherby Road as much as this one.............that is what I hoped for, when we "lost" Aspin & C. Stylish, committed, and a work rate any manager would be pleased with.
    It augurs well for the season, let's hope we get bigger crowds, as the weeks pass.
    Looking forward to Saturday!!!
    Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 am