Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
trevdee
Innocent Bystander
Dan_Gleebitz
TheNeil29
Ball and Socket
9 posters

Corby Home

Ball and Socket

Corby Home Empty Corby Home

Post by Ball and Socket Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:26 pm

"Yet again it is a set piece that has cost us dear". Says Chris Plummer the Corby manager after losing to Hendon in the FA Cup last Saturday. Are you reading this Simon? They are weak at set pieces. Eleven league games and they have scored 20 but let in 30!! 2 for 3 against ratio or there or there abouts. He also said that they got tighter in the second half and stopped them playing. Dead easy then. Go out and run them ragged Simon. Set the lads up for Tuesday. COME ON TOWN.
    TheNeil29

Corby Home Empty Re: Corby Home

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm sure that the boys will go out and get a good result on Saturday!

See you all there!!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Sad

Wouldn't you know it, I'll be at the NEC this Saturday - It's Top Gear Live and I've had the tickets since before the end of last season so no changing.

We beat Brackley by 5 clear goals so we should get in to double figures for this one................. Wink

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:53 pm

When is the pitch inspection ?

S.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Sub aqua gear for the linesman please - just in case
    Games off are a drain on the club!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:56 am

9am pitch inspection ..... what do you reckon? 30% chance of the game being on?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:36 am

I hope they take into account that the pitch will thaw out alot by 3pm.......I can't see it been too hard as my grass isn't and it was only a light sprinkling of snow....Also surely can't be due to been water logged
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:56 am

OMG the game is off again, this is beyond a joke.....well it can't be due to snow or frost, its all thawed out!!!

I think we should loan all our players out until March so they can play when we are due to have a home game!

Here's a new chant " will we ever play at home again, will we ever play at home!"
    devrede

Post by devrede Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:18 am

Ok so its off, not much we can do about that now, but, i hope that someone is now going to attempt to cover any problem areas of the pitch for Tuesday's game. If that was called off then the logical date is the Saturday, with the Torquay game mid week. I doubt if we could field the regular starting eleven due to their work commitments. So, please do what it takes to protect that pitch for Tuesday.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    ?
    Celtic Blue

Post by Celtic Blue Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:54 pm

At this rate you'll be finishing the season in the Summer. The weather will get worse before it gets better. Laughing
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Yes true but in fairness the last 2 home league games have been against teams from down south so they can't take chances with any bad calls....It is frustrating but at least next season we will have a fantastic level pitch!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 am

Being either foolish or naive (probably both!) I didn't check the web site and duly fetched up at the CNG at 2.20 p.m (it never crossed my mind the game would be off...told you I was naive). Match postponed. I wasn't angry this time, just resigned. But walking back into town I saw a game going on on the Strsy Shocked I mean if they can play there...

Seems to me you are all being rather 'chilled' about this , but I think its very close to being a crisis for the club. Think about it, we have (at least) 18 home games to play (works out at 6 a month), most will have to be played when the weather gets REALLY bad (Saturday was actually a cold but perfect day for football), if the pitch coudn't stand up to (I assume) very mild frost and normal rainfall we are in real trouble come December/February.

I worry for the players: loss of rhythm and momentum, the casual supporter will just get fed up and stop coming, a lot of these games are gonna have to be re-arranged for freezing Tuesday evenings in January/February when (even if the game is on) we will be lucky to get 170 in the ground.

I know its not really anyone's fault, but might not the solution be to 'bite the bullet' and put the pitch to bed until next season and try (if the league allows it) to get an emergency ground share set up?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:03 am

Oops, I mean 3 a month not 6 Embarassed
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Good point Paul.

If they are played on Tuesdays, the smaller crowds will mean that there will be less money in the coffers as well as a poor(er) atmosphere. And just after we'd battered top of the league Brackley too! Which under normal circumstances should have meant a better crowd at the next home match (at least)

Sometimes I feel that the gods are just vomiting on our eiderdown once more.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:30 pm

It will be interesting to know whether the league will take action if this continues..I would imagine they wont be too impressed. Also what action the FA will take if we can't play Hyde tomorrow and then Saturday.

I read an article about Hereford yesterday and they are in dire need of the FA Cup money to pay their staff however the FA wont pay up until the round is complete and we are the club holding things up.

For the first time in a long time we have a real chance of making playoffs and this whole episode is putting a real dampener on the whole thing!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:55 am