Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
YoungStato123
Johnny
6 posters

Going out on a... Corby?

Johnny
    Johnny

Going out on a... Corby? Empty Going out on a... Corby?

Post by Johnny Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 pm

4-2, if you include disallowed goals!! Well fought in the first half to keep it pegged to 0-0, with relatively no Corby chances of note, which is unlike Town lately. But what was said to them at half time to make them go on to concede four? Was Mr Weaver giving them sleeping pills in the changing rooms? We came out half asleep, to put it nicely!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] here we come, lads.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Going out on a... Corby? Empty Re: Going out on a... Corby?

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Unibond here we come lol!

Aaron Ratchford, what a poor keeper, what is Weaver thinking in dropping Hernandez!
    Weaver out.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:51 pm

The website says it all: Corby Town score four second half goals to relegate Harrogate Town.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:13 am

I went last night, and all I can say is that the players and the manager had no passion, no fire, they couldnt keep the ball on the floor, they played too many long balls, they couldnt string 5-6 passes together, and to top it all off, the players weren't even listening to the manager.

It is obvious that he has lost the respect of the players, he has lost the dressing room, he didnt even have a goalkeeper on the subs bench, and he has lost all control of the squad.

And for the players, they were a disgrace to the club last night, they are not fit to wear the shirt, and I would be happy to see the back of at least 7 of that first team last night. We need players with fire, passion and determination who want to play for the club, regardless of how s**t the manager is.

I would rather have a team that doesnt have the best of budgets, and an experienced manager, rather than a useless, newbie manager whose daddy has put money into the club, in order for it to become a plaything for his son.

I hope the players and the manager read this thread, because they are a disgrace to this club, and they should be ashamed of themsleves. You could have put 11 fans on the pitch last night, and they would have done better.

What was once a club that was 2 matches away from the Blue Square Premier, to a club that is most certainly releagted to the Unibond League, it is an absolute disgrace, and I hope the Chairman wakes up this morning, looks at himself in the mirror, and is ashamed of himself for letting such a uselss, incompetent manager like Weaver take over the team, and for also selling out to the managers daddy.

Fucking disgraceful.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:30 am

Anyone coming on here is entitled to their opinion, and even a rant - but do we need to descend to this sort of level?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:01 am

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it is, and if it offends people, so be it.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 am

I didn't go last night (thank god!), but Neil's anger is fully justifiable, and Pie and Chips there are times when 'bad language' is the only appropriate response to a situation, used sparingly it has real force: Neil is fully justified in expressing his anger in that way. Everything else that Neil said is nothing but the plain and brutal truth: Weaver IS useless (care to disagree and give us your reasons?) and Bill is in some kind of denial if he will not face up to the truth about this truly dreadful appointment. He obviously thinks Irviing Weaver's money is worth the 'sacrifice' of having someone utterly unsuited to manage at this level in charge. Well I dont. I would much much rather have a reduced budget, a good experienced Unibond manager, and Bill having control of his club back.
    As I have said before the two 'defences' Weaver (and his supporters..are there any?) have have both been blown out of the water:
    1) inexperience: he has had a whole season and results are getting WORSE
    2) mickey mouse squad paid peanuts: for at least half the season he has had a decent set of players who should have been able to survive this season with ease.
    He plainly cannot motivate players, he has no tactical abilities that I have ever observed, on Saturday he spent the second slumped in the dug out like a beaten dog.
    I'm only surprised that he has the brass neck to hang on in there (safe with daddy's money as an insurance), anyone with integity would have resigned ages ago.
    Angry Pie and Chips? Too f.....g right I am.
    Calgary HTFC Fan

Post by Calgary HTFC Fan Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:57 am

I would love to come on here and say something good about this club, but at the moment all i seem to bee doing is slagging off the club and manager, (Justifiably) and just when yu think it couldn't get any worse, along come Corby who are pretty average at best !! and give us another tonking.
    But i hope this result is a blessing in disguise as surley even the most hardened fan can now see that the manager is at best totally useless and incompetant. In the last eleven games the figures stand at WO D1 L10 Scored 8 Conceded 28 which is Total and utter shite !!!!
    Mr Pie and Chips if you can still stand up and support this manager after this run of results,after the way he has carried himself all season and after using a record amount of shite players then you are either extremley blinkered, related or even performing sex with the manager !!

Sorry for this, but i am extremley upset at seeing a club that nearly achieved conference status and the great night when we almost turned Torquay over in front of 4000 fans being now a very distant memory !!!

Please, Please Mr Fotherby, sack this idiot before he brings your good name into disripute.

Last edited by Calgary HTFC Fan on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Calgary HTFC Fan

Post by Calgary HTFC Fan Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Also, Mr Weaver senior can keep his hard earned millions as long as it means his stupid son will F-ck off as soon as possible !!
    Have we even seen any cash so far !!! Bring back Aspin !!!! whoops, sorry, i forgot he is coming back, as Promoted FC Halifax town manager. Enough said. Evil or Very Mad
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:16 pm

"Daddy, please can I have a football club for Christmas? Smile"
    "We'll see, son, we'll see. I could even make you the manager if you wanted."
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:32 pm

hahaha, love it Johnny...:-)
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:29 pm

WEAVER SLAMS THE SQUAD FOR ALL OF THREE AND A HALF MINUTES ON BBC RADIO YORK ONCE MORE FOLLOWING CORBY DEFEAT - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - READ ALL ABOUT IT! Surprised Surprised Surprised
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Nice one Jonny, funny but true Shocked Interesting isn't it how Weaver is never slow to tell others they are not good enough...[/i], pots calling kettles black etc.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:22 pm

paulstreet wrote:Nice one Jonny, funny but true Shocked Interesting isn't it how Weaver is never slow to tell others they are not good enough...[/i], pots calling kettles black etc.
    I don't understand how he can't connect his lack of managerial ability with the poor results at least a little bit. I mean, unless our (on paper) promotion contending squad is really not good enough...? Too much of a coincidence that Weaver comes in and we plummet!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm