Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

September's player of the month...

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

September's player of the month... Empty September's player of the month...

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:54 pm

...is Craig MacGillivray Question

Who played 1 match for us in September... and that was away in front of around how many Town fans?

While I was impressed with his performance against Brackley (ok, VERY impressed) - someone is going to have to explain this to me.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

September's player of the month... Empty Re: September's player of the month...

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:17 pm

It is a little strange to say the least, however, when I get the results delivered to me, the first thing that I do is look for multiple votes from the same IP address (although these are removed by the website that we use for the poll), however in Craig's case, there wasn't any!

So this means, that either someone went around a lot of places and voted for him or he has a lots of people who were impressed with him and his debut.

I have to report the results as they stand (when multiples removed etc - which the website we use does for us automatically before I am accused of anything else!!!!) no matter the oddness of them.

Kind regards,

Peter

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Must be because he kept us in the FA Cup at West Auckland.

S
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:32 am

I did think there were better players in the month of September, but congratulation to Craig on this achievement so soon after his arrival. To keep an established keeper out of the team like Da Veiga, is some achievement.

I just hope he carries on his impressive form.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:36 pm

He has played superb since arriving, defiantly a great signing - funny though because he looks quite a small chap. I think had he been between the sticks against Altrincham and BPA he would have saved the 2 long range efforts. Veiga never seemed to be able to get off the ground and considering he has Roberto Carlos thighs, could barely reach the half way line with a kick.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:41 pm

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:It is a little strange to say the least, however, when I get the results delivered to me, the first thing that I do is look for multiple votes from the same IP address (although these are removed by the website that we use for the poll), however in Craig's case, there wasn't any!

So this means, that either someone went around a lot of places and voted for him or he has a lots of people who were impressed with him and his debut.

I have to report the results as they stand (when multiples removed etc - which the website we use does for us automatically before I am accused of anything else!!!!) no matter the oddness of them.

Kind regards,

Peter

Honest Pete I wasn't questioning your integrety. Just querying the voting itself. As a matter of interest, when was the cutoff for the voting?
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm

I usually leave it running for two weeks into the new month but may shorten it to see what (if any) difference it makes.

Just out of interest - would you guys like an option to vote for player of the match after every game?

Kind regards,

Peter

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:53 am

i too have been VERY impressed with Craig MacGillivray start at the club but player of the month not by a long way.

Could maybe try a vote after every game see how that pans out not to loose

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:34 pm