Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Car parking.

HappyHopper

Car parking.  Empty Car parking.

Post by HappyHopper Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything on the web.

I'm thinking of travelling down for the game on Tuesday (weather permitting!), but on looking at the guide on the Blue Sq site, it seems there is next to no car parking space available around the ground. I've seen one suggestion is to use the hospital car park which is a pay park. I don't have a problem with that, but looking on the hospital's website they say that a ticket is gained on entry and paid for in the hospital foyer and validated on exit. Is this what the majority of your support do? Some hospitals close outer doors after visiting hours are completed, and given the potential time that this game could finish, it could be past 10pm by the conclusion.

What do you people who go do? I'd doubt I'd get there that early, as I'm travelling from Newcastle after work.

Thanks
    Big Lundy

Car parking.  Empty Re: Car parking.

Post by Big Lundy Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    If you are there early enough there may be free on street parking on Wayside Crescent, Wayside Avenue or St Nicholas Road!
    Don’t park on the grass verge outside the ground or you will get a ticket!!!!!

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:38 pm

There might be a space right in front of the goal at the Hospital End - assuming West Auckland haven't already parked their bus in front of it beforehand!
    Lots of parking 350 metres away just off Knaresborough Road
    HappyHopper

Post by HappyHopper Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks for the help both of you.

Just had a lengthy session on Google Earth trying to see locations you mentioned. There seems to be a lot of double yellow lines and parking permits about! I'll try and get down at a reasonable time.

Thanks again
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 am

Probably too late for Happy Hopper but remember the car park at Sansbury's which is only a 10 minute walk away along Wetherby Road. But I'd suggest that you go into Fodder behind Sainsbury's for a coffee if you need one as the Starbucks is pretty slow and a bit "untidy".

Not sure about pubs around that part of the town though.
    HappyHopper

Post by HappyHopper Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:50 pm

No it's not too late, and thanks for the suggestion. This might be the preferred option. I suspect that I may well be scuppered by the weather. The roads are really quite bad up here.

Thanks,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:47 pm