Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

parking near ground

hastingsbuoy

parking near ground Empty parking near ground

Post by hastingsbuoy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 pm

hastings fan here...coming up for the big game...driving up to the ground and wondered if there are parking restrictions or can park near the ground? thanks
    trevdee
    trevdee

parking near ground Empty Re: parking near ground

Post by trevdee on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:18 pm

There is a designated car park which costs £3 or if you are heading into town (stadium on your right) then there is plenty of street parking the right turning just before the ground.
    hastingsbuoy

Post by hastingsbuoy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 pm

thanks for the info thats helpful....there seems to be some anxiety about whether your pitch will hold up or not? will keep an eye out for the forecast a little nearer the time.

You guys certainly seem to be on a rich vein of form at the moment and interesting how every Hastings supporter is now following your results!!!!!...and your still in the fa trophy...so we will treat you with a great deal of respect.....

Tickets are selling well in Hastings and in the local paper they recon 400-500 could be making the 540 mile round trip to Yorkshire...wonder if you will reach your capacity???

Whats the feeling like up there for this game? must be massive in your town???
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Starting to “simmer” a bit now!
    But still think a lot of people are still unaware of who the winners of this tie could actually have the potential of playing in the next round!!!!
    Shocked
    Local media needs to start ramping it up a bit more @ this end!
    Still 2 weeks of ticket sales to go though!!!
    What’s your media coverage like?
    hastingsbuoy

Post by hastingsbuoy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Quite a bit in the local rag the hastings (obscurer)observer which comes out every Friday...we had abit of TV coverage prior and after our game with Bishops Stortford so hoping there will be a lot more this time but probably only a day or so before the game. Think if this was a home game for us then might be different...its certainly caught the imagination and even non footballing people are talking about it, even the local MP !!!!...what a great game for both communities north and south to 'big' up.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Yea we are fairly anxious about the pitch too, it certainly wasn't looking clever after the game on Saturday. What I will say though is the club have been very efficient by calling pitch inspections early when playing teams that have to travel far so do keep an eye out.

Wow 500 is a huge following for such a long trip, lets hope so...We just need to sell another 1000.

Here's to the winner getting their just deserved and a huge tie with a premier league club!!!!!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:12 am

Regarding parking, I'd forget about the designated park. It'll be full.

A lot of people park in Sainsburys which is on the left as you come up Wetherby Road. About a 15 minute walk from the ground. Street parking can be hit and miss due to restrictions but is do-able. I just hope they don't put out extra cones etc Harrogate residents are a peculiar lot and there's probably a lot of moaning going on to the Council, Police etc about parking outside their houses.

The ground's a good half hour walk from the bus or train stations in the Town (they are next to each other).

The pitch is "fragile". After the match on Saturday, it looked a bit second hand even though work is continually being done on it. If you read the report on the Club site from our match against Vauxhall Motors, it calls it a "gluepot" which is about right from what I could see. We've got a home match on the Tuesday before you visit so I've got a lot of things crossed. The rain gods haven't been good to us since the new pitch was laid so it's not "bedded in" at all.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 pm

If you park in town and don't fancy the walk (more like 20 minutes actually, I do it regularly!), there is a 770 bus (stand 9) every half hour (20/50 minutes past the hour) that will drop you outside the ground. Harrogate not really a 'football' twn so I suspect most of the locals are only dimly aware of it so far, hopefuly that will change. Mind you, if we win and are drawn at home to a 'big club', the locals might be in for a bit of a culture shock! I'm sure all you astings fans are very polite and well behaved Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:51 pm