Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

This season's programme

paulstreet
    paulstreet

This season's programme Empty This season's programme

Post by paulstreet Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Just felt I wanted to congratulate Pete on yet another excellent programme: really striking cover, well designed and lots of reading. 50p more but worth it in my view.
    Big Lundy

This season's programme Empty Re: This season's programme

Post by Big Lundy Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Yep well done Pete!
    Last season’s programme, especially content wise, was the best the club have ever produced!
    The clubs new website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which has only been on the go since the start of last season, is gradually growing its content level!
    A few sections might need updating from last season or possibly be replaced with new content! But it’s not far off matching some of the best sites in the Blue Square League!
    A lot of work is involved in producing the programme & keeping the website updated!
    A supporters club/travel club, & online merchandise sales sections would be good to add to the site!
    Any news about a supporters club & what merchandise will be available to buy this season?

HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Thank you very much for the kind remarks, this season I have gained some new software to play with and hopefully it will look a lot sharper and more visually impressive than before.

With regards to content, I have tried to vary a few things, 90 minutes was a favorite and quite a few people wanted it bringing back whilst a few people wanted less historical content, so hopefully I will have got the balance right for the majority this season!

Again, I have to thank the players (especially Bolly) and Simon/Kay, these guys are all busy but give me a fair amount of their time so I can get their views across for you to read.

One thing I know infuriates people is the adverts, in an ideal world there would be none but these adverts pay for the programme and a lot of other stuff so they are a necessity, again, I think the club have reached a good balance between adverts and contents.

Onto the website:

Again, many thanks for the comments, always appreciated and I am always willing to listen to what you guys want to see. I realise that sometimes things don't go on as fast as possible, someone mentioned about the brief report of the game - it is my aim to at least have a "holding" page that will give some info until I can get the graphics done (I hate plain boring pages with countless text - don't you?) and the match report from the match secretary etc. Hopefully the finished match page will be up within 24-36 hrs of the match (I do aim for quicker!)

There are a lot of things to be added, and these will be done. Jonny Lally has started doing post match videos now (first ones can be seen on the Hinckley match report page) and these look really good. We have our own You-Tube account as a club so expect more videos!

With regards to the supporters club and travel - believe it or not this is being discussed by the club and various people - as soon as I get any info you guys will know.

Also the club shop is another area that until fully agreed on at Board level - I can't make a move to publicise/change the page.

The one thing I will say about Irving Weaver and the new board is they are very, very, very professional and want things doing the correct way (and rightly so!) Kay and Charlie are doing a marvelous job and this club is probably in one of the best states I have ever seen both commercially and in community standing! The news and feedback that I/the club get back is amazing!

What else would you guys like to see on the website - if it is possible (and a good idea!) and I can do it, I will add it to my list!

Also, I hope you guys have noticed the live match page. At the moment it is a little raw but last night was its main field test and it passed quite well (more problems with my phone then the site), so from now on, I will be updating this rather than the Twitter and Facebook accounts. It is a bit of a bind to do all three and also take pictures!

Many thanks again,

Pete
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:11 pm

It makes sense to wait for a new “shirt sponsor” before selling any replica shirts!
    After all each shirt sold needs to advertise “the sponsor’s logo” to increase their coverage!
    The return to the traditional strip should increase sales compared to last season!
    We also have more teams which should also increase the sponsor’s coverage!
    We just need a shirt sponsor!

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Everything about my experience at Wetherby Road las night was so much more professional! There was a good atmosphere In the ground and it all looked neat and tidy, sponsors' lounge was packed as never before, pitch held well but there must be a doubt about Saturday with the weather forecast for the rest of the week. Encouraging attendance too! Well done to all concerned.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Oops!!
    Forgot the under 19’s have joined up with Railways under 19’s so the shirts might be red & green with “DamnYankee” on the front!
    Shocked
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:31 am

Totally agree about the professionalism bit. It starts at the top and kind of filters it's way down in a good organisation - just makes you realise what we've had to put up with while Bill/Alan were at the helm..... Rolling Eyes

Yes, I like the programme. I've not tried the recipes yet but the gardening hints are useful. Couldn't find the problem page either. Has that been jettisoned?

NURSE, QUICK. HE'S OUT OF BED AGAIN Laughing
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:40 pm

completely agree about how slick and professional everything now seems at Town, makes a welcome change. Re; the future shop, it would be good if it could sell lower priced items as well as replica clothing: badges, mugs, pens that kind of thing. Also any chance of having a few Town away programmes for sale? I'd be willing to put in a regular order for them, don't get to many away games these days (although I'll be going to at least 3 this season!). I'm also checking the train times to Gainsboro' on Monday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 am