Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Same old. same old...load of rubbish

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Same old. same old...load of rubbish Empty Same old. same old...load of rubbish

Post by paulstreet Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:28 am

Well Big Lundy you won't need to tell us how to get to Gainsborough in 10 days time, cos we have been knocked out of the effing Cup. I had to leave just after their equaliser, thank God I did, at least we had 11 men on the field then. Why does this keep happening nearly 2 and a half years into Simon Weaver's 'reign'?

My thoughts (I am trying to stay calm but feel really annoyed at the moment: the dull ache will come later): The 73 minutes I saw they never really looked like scoring, until we gave them a goal, on the way back to the station I was pretty certain threy would then go on and win it. But the fact is we hardly ever loked like scoring either: Frickley were not actually very good, they worked hard etc. but a team with pretensions to reach the BS North play-offs (pause for hollow laughter), should have put them to bed comfortably. We missed our chance Saturday: dominated the first half, but only managed one goal.

So doubtless Guiseley and Halifax will go on to have FA Cup adventures, we'll have extra time for training Shocked

Anybody else with anything to add or are you all as pissed off and fed up as I am.

Get a grip Simon: the current lot (decent budget and all) are not up to it.
    rosvere

Same old. same old...load of rubbish Empty Re: Same old. same old...load of rubbish

Post by rosvere Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:33 pm

No ammount of money will make Weaver a good manager.
    I'd love to see a manager who has done it,worn the tee shirt e.t.c.
    have the budget that Simon has at his disposal.Eugene Lacy and Martin Hairsign
    are just but two that spring to mind.But hey we all know that Daddy would pull the plug
    if Simon was to go.What a smashing corner we've edged are selves into!!
    j2021

Same old. same old...load of rubbish Empty Re: Same old. same old...load of rubbish

Post by j2021 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Very poor performance, the first game I've seen in a while due to work and I was not impressed at all.
    We were by far the better team in the first half, without creating much at all, yes we nicked a goal but that was possibly are only well worked attack all game good play from Ian Ross crossing for Elam to tap in back post.
    The second half came around I just thought we looked tired and laboured in possession with no creativity and no movement, cant really fault the back 5 who played well all game, especially pell was a rock at the back but there's only so much the defence can do its also the players in front of them that have to pressure the opposition and force attacks to break up.
    I honestly cant believe we didn't make a substitution until the game was over! 10 minutes into the second half I was thinking we needed to bring someone on to freshen things up, which is what Frickley did and that is what ultimately won them the game.

Very disappointed with the performance, should have made Hassan's loan longer and I don't understand why Tait has been sent out on loan, We need him now!!

Needs to be better!!!

Also wanted to add that Peter Bore doesn't look up to it, he provided no threat the whole game :/ I expect a lot better from him!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:37 am

Yes Bore has been a big disappointment so far, his pedigree made him sound like a really good signing, but, the occassional run at the defence aside, has not done much. Didn't know Tait was on loan, we need him back. Can't understand why we seem to have 'let' Hassan go after just one month: its not as though 'Pool wanted him , he is at Whitby now for heaven's sake!

To pick up Rosvere's well made point, one solution to the Catch-22 situation we have got ourselves into, would be to appoint the experienced BSquare manager that we desperately need either as Director of Football or Joint Manager (assumimg that SW is 'unsackable). If Simon objects, Mr Weaver senior should insist, its his club after all. If IW simply lets Simon get on with it then nothing (except slow decline) will ever change.

Question for any Board members if they read this:

1) How do you expect to get new supporters to come along if the team keep losing? All the backroom changes are admirable, but ultimately irrelevent if the senior team is, to coin a phrase, 'rubbish'.
    2) How much longer do you expect loyal fans to keep turning up when we suffer constant disappointment week after week? I'll be there on Saturday, but a cold Tuesdasy evening in February? Maybe not.

Only 245 there on Tuesday, and I'd say 30/40 from Frickley at least.
    Maverick

Post by Maverick Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:20 pm

What can you say a very lackluster performance two half decent moves in 90 minutes of football one resulting in our goal, as for the two sendings off Lee Elam should know better you cant put your hands on a ref and get away with it , as for Turnbull kicking the ball away for a second yellow schoolboy mistakes , yes i agree the ref was utter shi*e and took Picton out of the game eventually by booking him ,Jake was then a marked man and was to scared to put in a good tackle for fear of the second yellow , but it all boils down to you SIMON WEAVER you need to get a grip now before we end up once again at the bottom of the league because we won`t be saved this year ,we need a STRIKER and another MIDFIELDER before its to late I will be there Sat for Gainsborough but I think the crowd will be less than 200 if we again lose with a SHI*E performance you have my support but even now ime wondering what to if we keep losing and under performing GET A GRIP NOW PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!. Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 pm