Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Richard Marshall aka Scooby

Richard Marshall aka Scooby Empty Richard Marshall aka Scooby

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:10 pm

I'm surprised supporters on here haven't made more of Weaver not signing Richard Marshall. Linking midfield to attack is clearly one of the areas we're struggling, Weaver appears to acknowledge this, so why on earth did we not sign him on a permanant basis? A big mistake in my opinion.

As an aside, some areas we look quite strong, particularly central defence and key midfied players, but other areas seem to have been forgotten about until right up to the last minute. Think back to when Aspin was in charge, every position was accoutned for, including players that could fill in, etc. I can't help feeling under the current management structure we'll finish no higher than mid table.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Richard Marshall aka Scooby Empty Re: Richard Marshall aka Scooby

Post by JackHTFC Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Scooby at BPA
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Yes I noticed that. Marshall would have given us various options. I heard someone say on Sat. that maybe Simon had been counting on getting Chib back and thus didn't really look for another big, strong striker and now it might be too late!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Fully agree with you, scooby wudve been a top signing and the exact sort of player we need, he can play on the wing and as a striker he also puts in a great shift during a game in terms of effort and more importantly he can score goals!

Last edited by j2021 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:40 pm

JackHTFC wrote:Scooby at BPA

say what you see, Jack!

One of the main benefits of having someone like Scooby in the team is that he can adapt his game to play in different positions and he plugs the gap between midfield and attack. Would have been my top transfer target.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:02 pm

town supporter wrote:

say what you see, Jack!

One of the main benefits of having someone like Scooby in the team is that he can adapt his game to play in different positions and he plugs the gap between midfield and attack. Would have been my top transfer target.

You do know I meant Bradford Park Avenue?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:59 pm

JackHTFC wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

say what you see, Jack!

You do know I meant Bradford Park Avenue?

Catchphrase? Roy Walker? Maybe I'm showing my age - anyway, yes I was aware he signed for BPA.

Cheers

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:22 am

It's a pity he has gone to BPA. He would have been an excellent asset to the club, but obviously Weaver had different ideas.

I can only think theat BPA have offered more money and guaranteed first team football, as he wasnt a week in, week out player for Harrogate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 pm