Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
Fred
Big Red Machine
been ther done it
j2021
YoungStato123
shaymen
10 posters

Danny Lowe & Richard Marshall

shaymen

Danny Lowe & Richard Marshall Empty Danny Lowe & Richard Marshall

Post by shaymen Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:40 pm

Been training with Halifax Town, both due to play in their first pre season on Saturday, along with Hedge, Dean & Gray
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Danny Lowe & Richard Marshall Empty Re: Danny Lowe & Richard Marshall

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:50 am

Bye Scooby Neutral
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:40 pm

I really dont understand why a player wanting to furhter his career would drop down soo many leagues STUPID!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Money, money, money
    been ther done it

Danny Lowe & Richard Marshall Empty HEDGE

Post by been ther done it Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:30 pm

WELL AS YOU MAY REALISE J HEDGE WONT BE MISSED AT HARROAGTE TOWN HE IS AT HIS LEVEL NOW SO I CAN RELAX WHEN CROSSES COME OVER. ALL HE COULD DO WAS KICK WELL . Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes BUT UNIBOND IS CORRECT LEVEL FOR HIM WONT BE MISSED .
    been ther done it

Post by been ther done it Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:45 pm

BRING BACK S FOUNTAIN ,S JONES, M FENTON,L STEEL,S JACKSON THE BEST TOWN HAVE EVER HAD (GOALKEEPERS )
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Well - a couple could be excluded from that list IMO!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:37 pm

I dont understand why you are disrespecting hedgey.. He came in and did a great job for the team we were ina tough position financially And i wanted to keep him for the coming season. I wish him luck at halifax along with all the other players.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Well said j2021
    Fred

Post by Fred Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:22 am

j2021 wrote:I really dont understand why a player wanting to furhter his career would drop down soo many leagues STUPID!

Is that what you say every time a player from a higher league joins Town? Do you call them 'stupid'?

Cheers

Fred
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:22 am

NO !!!! scooby and danny lowe are young and upcoming players who are good enough to further their career and maybe make it professionaly in the higher leagues. Whereas players that join harroagte town from higher leagues generally have areason for it. For example. Provett dropped down 2 leagues because he wanted to coach as well as play football. Woodhouse dropped down because he wants to combine boxing with football. And normally we get the players that are getting towards the end of their careers e.g. Justin Whittle, Matty young.
    Players that have the potential to improve should always aim high.
    Very Happy
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Matt Young is only 23 (22/Oct/1985) - so the "getting to the end of their careers" may not count in this instance!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:18 pm

really i apologise for that but . the reason hes dropped down was because he wasnt getting enough games and because he needed to rebuilld his career after a series of injurys. but that cant be the case for any of the harrogate youngsters
    Fred

Post by Fred Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:57 pm

j2021 wrote:NO !!!! scooby and danny lowe are young and upcoming players who are good enough to further their career and maybe make it professionaly in the higher leagues. Whereas players that join harroagte town from higher leagues generally have areason for it. For example. Provett dropped down 2 leagues because he wanted to coach as well as play football. Woodhouse dropped down because he wants to combine boxing with football. And normally we get the players that are getting towards the end of their careers e.g. Justin Whittle, Matty young.
    Players that have the potential to improve should always aim high.
    Very Happy

You are one of these people who tend to box themselves in with a blinkered and short-sighted view of football e.g. by having a mantra of meaningless slogans - like the one above.

What about all the hundreds of young players released by Premier League and Championship clubs and the rest of the FL for example? They will all say they have ambition and want to improve, but they will have to try and find a club elsewhere, perhaps even Harrogate Town!

You fail to consider the players as individuals. Both Marshall and Lowe will probably argue that they have good reasons for joining Halifax - if indeed they do - ask them! In any case some folk may say that Halifax are (currently) a more ambitious club than Town. Not that there has been a queue of clubs from Town's League or higher wanting to sign these two players.

Personally, I think both players are being sensible and realistic by joining - if it is confirmed - a club and manager who wants them. That is an important factor which you ignore.

Cheers

Fred

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:02 pm

I'm afraid you're wrong to assume there has not been a queue of clubs from Town's League or higher wanting to sign these two players.
    warrior

Danny Lowe & Richard Marshall Empty Danny lowe and scooby

Post by warrior Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:27 am

Hi

I don't usually come on the forum but if you all would like to know the reasons why i have moved club then i would appreciate if you aske dme personally,For anyone that knows me as a person knows my main aim is to enjoy playing ,y football and to be as succesfull as i can, and i make decisions which i think are right for myself and my career.The thing that i hate is to be branded a money grabber cos i can assure you right now that my main objective wasn't money and thats a Fact!!! I enjoyed my time at harrogate and i have great feelings for the club and fans as everyone was very good to me,So i would persoanlly like to say thank you for every one at the club,

So instead of people assuming why i have moved and what my reasons where then you can ask me and i will give you the honest answers.

Once again i would like to thank the fans as you were good towards me and i hope you thought i gave my all at the time i was there

Danny Lowe
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:12 am

Is this really you Danny? Firstly, if it is, or even if you are reading this, would like to say thankyou for your commitment when playing for town, you were fully committed player and added bit of quality down the left.

If we are all assuming wages are he issue, then what was the reasoning? Think we are all clued up on here that the club is not as strong financially as it has been, but we were told from Denny Ingram that you, Hedge and Scooby were all offered new deals? You say you want to be as succesful as you can but surely if you drop down two divisions to play football you its going to have to be at least a couple of years before you are playing at Town's level again, and I remember during the Railway v Mansfield game there were rumours that a few league clubs were looking at you. Surely going further away from that standard wont help?

I'm sure most would agree as well that Halifax with fanbase of around 1000+ every week shows they are too far down the league ladder, and could be argued to be a bigger club than town. I'm not having a go at you at all I just like to make clear, part time footballers have to try and get themselves the best deal they can while they play, but think everyone was just bit gutted to lose you and to drop down two divisions we would have to assume that money was an issue.

Thanks
    j2021

Post by j2021 Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:14 am

Didnt know you came on the forum danny... and i wish you good luck at your new club. Im guessing neil aspin was also a major factor ??? whats he like to play for ??? because everyone that seems to play for him seems to have enjoyed their time.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:19 am

Hi Danny,

It's Peter, the programme editor. I can vouch for Danny when he says that his main aim is playing football, I have had the pleasure of interviewing Danny for the programme on multiple occassions and the first thing you will notice is his intense passion for the game - he would be quite happy playing football in the park with his mates as he would be at Elland Road in front of a full house!

I personally think that Danny's reasons for leaving Harrogate should be just that - Danny's. If he feels that he can further his career away from The CNG Stadium then ultimately there is nothing we can do about it. It is not for the fans to dictate where a player moves - if it was half the transfers in the world wouldn't happen!

I am sure that the fans wil respect your honesty for coming on Danny and well done whilst you were with us and good luck at Halifax mate.

Peter
    warrior

Post by warrior Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:10 am

Hi
    I can assure you that it is definately me. I dont become members on a forum but i felt i had to put my point across why i moved. Peter is spot on when he says my first thought about football is the ejoyment of the game and the passion i have for it. Obviously the gaffer had a big part in why i moved with him to halifax. What i say now is not disrespect to the current team as i wish them all the best for the season . When i came to town we were int he top two and were very strong throughout.we missed out on the playoffs on the last day of the season.Last season we strenghtened and up until xmas when everything was unsettled we were top of the league and unfortunately that had a big affect and we spiraled down the league. Then we heard that the budget was being reduced alot and as an affect on that all the players decided to ply there trade elsewhere ense why they are no remainding players from last year.In my opinion the team i played with was much stronger than what i thought would be coming in next yr (thats just my opinion) and then with the gaffer going to halifax and i spoke to some lads who decided they were going with him as they weren't offered a new deal that my best interest was to move too as i think halifax will only go one way as of this season. Yes i was offered a new deal thats the truth,if im honest i thought i deserved more than what was offered (my opinion again) but that was not the reason i left thats the truth.I had already made up my mind taht if the squad was going to break up i needed to look for a new club. My mind was made up before the last game of the season before i was offered my new deal..I hope harrogate have a great season and i will always be checking up to see what the result are as i said before i have good connection with every one at the club and wish them all the best for the future.

I hope you appreciate my honest and my views on what i think is right for me

Danny

Peter thanks again for the support you do a great job with the programme
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 am

Again, thanks for coming on the forum Danny - I am sure people will appreciate both your honesty and your interaction with the fans.

Also, from a personal point of view - thanks for the comments re the programme!

Good luck at Halifax and who knows we may well see you again at The CNG!
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:48 am

Cheers Danny. Thanks for coming on anyway, means a lot. I appreciate that your reasons for moving are your own, but thanks for putting across the way everything panned out last year and your own personal views.

Good luck at Halifax for the new season, sure a lot of us will be keeping an eye on the club anyway seeing as Neil and a lot of last years squad will be there. Maybe next year when we're in the conference you can come back and play on the left! Again good luck, and thanks for coming on.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:52 am

Yep a lot of respect for you danny for coming and telling us your side Smile
    Thanks for sticking with town till the end of last season you were a great player for us great to see you charging down that left wing.
    Good luck at halifax i hope you have a great season
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Interesting to hear an 'insiders' view of the events of last season, it pretty well confirms what most of us would have surmised: the shock of the budget cuts,the slide down the table, and the break up of the squad that followed. Can't really blame Danny, and I wish him well as well, and I'll miss him too. Going to Halifax will, in a sense, be a continuity for him, lots of familiar faces, the same manager and assistant etc. And a football league type stadium (when they finish the stand) to play in, and gates of 1000 plus, and, I assume, more money than he would have been on at Town had he rejoined...bit of a no-brainer really!
    Anyway, good luck Danny!
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:17 pm

You certainly will be missed Danny. I thought you were one of the few that put in 110% effort every game and your energy on the left will be missed this season. Good luck at Halifax..

Danny Lowe lowe lowe!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm