Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
j2021
pie and chips
JackHTFC
7 posters

Town vs Workington

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Town vs Workington Empty Town vs Workington

Post by JackHTFC Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:03 am

Town host Workington in their final home game of the season.
    Town will be hoping to bounce back from Saturday's 5-1 defeat at Droylsden.
    No injury news but whether Wayne Phillips starts or comes on as a sub is a game changing decision!

Last time out Workington won 2-1
    Their current form is 2 wins in 9

Town vs Workington Empty Re: Town vs Workington

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Top performance today. Thought we looked stronger as the game went on after they let us off the hook with a couple of first half clear chances. Philips was taking the mickey out of their right back in the second half. Armstrong put a massive effort in, and I thought Gardner had a pretty good second half going forward.

Above all it was good to watch, we were mixing it, using some width and passing into feet more.

If we strengthen in the close season and get a good start, who knows what might happen.

S.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Best time I've had at Wetherby Road for ages. What a game! What a team! Superb passing, great football.
    Can't wait for next season, thanks to Mr F for reduced prices, hope that is able to be carried forward! Very Happy
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Agreed, A tremendous way to round off the season. All played well two good goals some good promising football. All hope for next season. And a nice little bit in the bar at the end!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Good performance again today! A good mix of short and long passing, we were not great first half but came out 2nd and immediately looked a lot better, maybe credit to Weaver for his half time team talk Wink Thought Danny Wright looked good on the right wing, cudve had a penalty and also got the assist for the 1st goal, Foster was impressive some of his passing was a joy to watch, and Graeme and scooby up front were brilliant they put so much effort in up their and were rewarded with a goal each.

Roll on next season Town,
    Keep it up!!!!!!!

P.S, Also nice to see the players go round the pitch and clap the fans at the end, nice touch from them, They got a well deserved round of applause at the end of the game!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:13 pm

I definitely felt an aire of positivity about the club today, all credit to Mr Weaver and other management involved for turning things around as it seems. I really hope we can continue this rich vein of togetherness and good form even into next season.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:22 am

Can't dispute any of this. First half wasn't great, Workington probably edged it, but the second half was one of the best performances Ive seen by Town under Simon's reign. Superb passing, pace, committment, shooting (!), and two good goals,Toner should have made it 3! Phillips was superb: his regular appearances must have been a factor in the turn around, just hope we sigh him for next year! Marshall looked impressive as a striker, he nees to be signed as well, and Armstrong is bringing back memories of Danny Holland: we must try and keep him as well. I thought both Gardiner and Wright looked good and can't have done their prospects any harm at all.

I guess there will be some changes in the close season, but I'd be sorry to lose just about anyone on the pitch on Saturday.

Probably high time for people like me who have been critical of the manager to hold our hands up and say: 'well done' Simon and John, you do seem to have turned things around'. Carry this on to next season and who knows what might happen.

Now the only question is how do I get through the next 10 weeks till the first friendlies Crying or Very sad
    whoops

Post by whoops Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:36 am

Great day on Monday thought the team well deserved the win and the ovation afterwards. Even on the anti club forum you can see its breaking there hearts to give a bit of praise. I think fred needle and paul street are involved with the club they seem to have all the answers and then slate the club to hide thier loyalty. fred seems to think someone is leaving besides the players , a bit of a bold statement unless you are in the know.

I think it will be interesting to see the comings and goings in close season if any , but if the management are undecided fred and paul will be on hand to advise
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:52 am

I'm not involved with the club Whoops, apart from handing my money over (most) home games, indeed I don't think I'll be winning any popularity contests at Wetherby Road for a while! But I am a loyal supporter (thats why I was so upset last season and the first half of this), one of those saddoes whose week-end is ruined if Town lose...plenty of miserable week-ends the last two years!

I'm not giving advice (although I'd be delighted if any of my comments were acted on), merely commenting on what is happening, I kind of thought thats what forums were for Question

Anyone caring to study my postings over the years (there's a PhD thesis there just waiting to be written!), will see that I always want to praise where I can, it has been tough the last couple of years. I'm delighted to be able to start saying good things about the team again, long may it continue.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Good game on Monday and well deserved ovation. A win for the last game of the season would be nice too, but to be fair we are under no pressure.

I noticed that the rumour mill has started already with Workington claiming to be signing Armstrong, which I really hope is just that (a rumour) and we are able to re-sign him for next season, among many others who have really proved themselves in the second half of the season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Lets hope its only rumours! Really need to keep Armstrong, a 20 goal a season striker is like gold dust! Lets hope we dig deep and can keep him.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Even the Workington fans are writing it off as a rumour. We really need Armstrong to stay! And many others e.g. Phillips Pell Picton

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:23 pm