Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
Johnny
the wizard
Fred
TheNeil29
sulphurite
TheTown
10 posters

Grimsby Fan Rant

TheTown
    TheTown

Grimsby Fan Rant Empty Grimsby Fan Rant

Post by TheTown Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:56 pm

I think we can all sympathise with a fellow relegationee. Utter genius:

Now I'm as optimistic as anyone when it comes to this tw*t of a football club, but after this afternoon's latest capitulation it's time to wake up and smell the coffee - we're f*cked. Down. Goners. Non-league. To be honest I didn't know how it would affect me, it's not like it hasn't been coming, but tonight I just feel absolutely deflated. Absolutely f*cking devastated.

I can't get away from these emotions, I just want the whole world to just f*ck off and leave me alone. To help me come to terms with this whole mess, I've decided to compile a list of everyone and everything I want to f*ck off most of all.

For starters, work can f*ck off. If they think I'm going to be there on Monday morning they've got another thing coming. No way am I going in to spend time dealing with c*nts that I can barely stand being with when I'm in a good mood, let alone this crushing feeling of anger, frustration and outright metaphorical-kicked-in-the-b*llocks-ness.

Plastic Premier League fans can f*ck off. I just spoke to my Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to Old Trafford before - twice) about Town's predicament. You know what he said? "I know how you feel; it's like when we failed to win a trophy in '95". NO IT F*CKING WELL IS NOT!

He no longer has a face.

The girlfriend can definitely f*ck off. Her best attempt at consolation - "I don't know why you're bothered; you knew they were sh*t anyway". Yes love, but they're MY sh*t team. They've been MINE for pretty much as long as I've been able to wipe my own arse, and they'll be MINE for as long as I'm alive (or at least, until I'm no longer able to wipe my own arse). Truth is, watching my team win does things for me that no woman can. If push comes to shove and I'm horny, I can always have a w*nk.

Barrow can f*ck off. I've been all over the country and beyond to watch my team, but frankly I just don't have the stomach to visit any town which makes Scunthorpe look like f*cking St. Tropez.

Dad, you can f*ck off. This is your fault. Your idea. You introduced me to this shower of sh*t. "Come with me to Blundell Park", you said, "Come and support the boys". What could I do? I was f*cking four, what choice did I have? Why not get me hooked on Heroin whilst you were at it? I could have gone with mum shopping for bras and knickers at British Home Stores, but no, you knew best.

Granted, I'd have probably grown up a homosexual but surely even being simultaneously buggered two guys named Seth and Quentin couldn't hurt like this.

Seeing as we're on the subject of homosexuality, Gok Wan can f*ck off. No particular reason, I just plain don't like the annoying, goggle-eyed c*nt.

The F.A. can f*ck off. Not for supplying us, week-in, week- out, with inept referee after inept referee, but for imposing sensible financial rules on all clubs in League Two. How many clubs in this division have been into administration this season? Not one. How many points deducted? Not one. How the f*ck else are we supposed to avoid relegation - footballing merit? We didn't have to last season, so why spoil the fun now?

The World Cup can f*ck off - I don't care anymore.

My local pizza shop can f*ck off. I ordered a 12" Pepperoni over an hour ago, and where the f*ck is it? Are they trying to f*cking fly it to me or something?

Sky Sports can f*ck off. Nothing personal, but there'll be little need for me next season with no Town to be found anywhere. Ooh, Bolton versus Wolves, LIVE. I think I'll pass...

The radio can f*ck off. On my way home from the match, whilst driving down the M180, I caught three completely separate stations playing 'Down' by Jay Sean at the exact same f*cking time. The song's the best part of a year old, how the f*ck does that happen by coincidence!?

My nan's old lucky Buddha that used to sit in her front room can f*ck off. When I was a kid I held it in my hands and wished for Town to be in the Premier League. I meant the proper one you fat c*nt, not the one occupied by Histon, Eastbourne and for f*ck's sake, Ebbsfleet, wherever that is.

Tonight can f*ck off. I've had enough of trying to cope with my emotions; the time has come for oblivion. I haven't kept any booze in the house since an occasion known only as 'That Night' by myself and the missus, but suffice to say that the toilet duck and luminous blue mouthwash are looking like stronger propositions by the minute.

Most of all though, the last 10 years can f*ck off. In that time I've watched my team fall from the top of the Championship into non-league nothingness. We've gone from one great big f*ck up to the next without even coming up for air, and today is just the big, f*ck off cherry on top.

One thing I'm sure of though is that we WILL be back. When it comes down to it, a football club is basically just a set of supporters, and frankly what I've learned in the last few years is that this one has some of the best. We've had to put up with some sh*t, haven't we boys, but in spite of all of that the future is still bright - it's f*cking black and white.

Grimsby 'til I die...
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Grimsby Fan Rant Empty Re: Grimsby Fan Rant

Post by sulphurite Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:58 pm

What genius, I don't think that I have read the summing up of getting relegated put so well, or humorously.

Laughing Sad Very Happy
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:19 am

Wow, that is amazing, seriously. The manager wants to have a look at that and be relieved that we havent reacted like that!
    Fred

Post by Fred Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:11 pm

This foul-mouthed rant is hardly original. This slightly updated 'article' has been doing the rounds for months.

The person has posted this on dozens of messageboards, forums etc. and clearly has too much time on his or her hands.

It won't do 'Grimsby' any harm to have a dose of non-league football, because the club are run reasonably well. Contrast them with basketcase Darlo.

I thought the idea of this forum was for fair-minded, abuse and swearing free comment?

Cheers

Fred
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Well, I found it quite funny that a fan could respond like that, regardless of the obscenities that came from it.

This forum is fair minded, abuse and swearing free. Apart from the odd occasion, which myself have had an outburst once or twice, but that happens with all forums.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:09 am

Fred wrote:This foul-mouthed rant is hardly original. This slightly updated 'article' has been doing the rounds for months.

The person has posted this on dozens of messageboards, forums etc. and clearly has too much time on his or her hands.

It won't do 'Grimsby' any harm to have a dose of non-league football, because the club are run reasonably well. Contrast them with basketcase Darlo.

I thought the idea of this forum was for fair-minded, abuse and swearing free comment?

Cheers

Fred

No it hasn't been doing the rounds for months, it quite recent given Grimsby recent plight.

The person hasnt been posting it on forums and messageboard but other people have as they have a sense of humour - clearly something your lacking - its just a bit of light relief.

It's not 'Grimsby' its plain old Grimsby - no need for emphasis here.

And if you re read the post the swearing has all been blocked out. It was posted to simply try and brighten up a day with a fellow relegationee, it quite literally made me laugh out loud when I first read it and having the ability to be able to do that is quite a skill.

Thanks for your mindless and pointless reply.

Not cheers (you havent just recieved an order from the bar)
    TheTown
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 pm

seems Fred just wants to take his disappointment out on the other fans of HTFC, bless him
    Fred

Post by Fred Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:21 pm

sulphurite wrote:What genius, I don't think that I have read the summing up of getting relegated put so well, or humorously.

Laughing Sad Very Happy

it's just re-gurgitated, plagarised nonsense.

It's been posted all over the place and it's not new!

Is it original? No, far from it.

It's hardly surprising that nobody from the club will 'answer questions' on this forum, because it's now just as bad as the old one.

This forum was supposed to be for fair-minded comment and not for the mindless abuse and swearing which now appears.

It's a shame when people are unable to articulate strong opinions without resorting to petty abuse and name-calling. Nothing has changed. The same mindless individuals have now been allowed to infest this forum.

When are we going to get a 'new' forum with the same ideals that were expressed when this message board started?

Cheers

Fred

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Norfolk and chance !

S.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Fred wrote:It's hardly surprising that nobody from the club will 'answer questions' on this forum, because it's now just as bad as the old one.
    We want answers, on a forum, or otherwise. Fine - continue as things have been this season, with the fans in the dark. We have been more than patient and fair. Just see attendances dwindle to Railway's level, along with the quality of football at the CNG (that's if it hasn't already). If the officials at the club adopt your attitude, which they basically have, it seems, the club will continue to fade away into nothingness as it has been doing lately. Let's not be stubborn.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Fred wrote:
    sulphurite wrote:What genius, I don't think that I have read the summing up of getting relegated put so well, or humorously.

Laughing Sad Very Happy

It's hardly surprising that nobody from the club will 'answer questions' on this forum, because it's now just as bad as the old one.

This forum was supposed to be for fair-minded comment and not for the mindless abuse and swearing which now appears.

It's a shame when people are unable to articulate strong opinions without resorting to petty abuse and name-calling. Nothing has changed. The same mindless individuals have now been allowed to infest this forum.

When are we going to get a 'new' forum with the same ideals that were expressed when this message board started?

Cheers

Fred

Fred I can assure this forum is moderated. I check it everyday to see what is being said and receive emails when new people sign up. Some of the idiots who signed up on the other forum with abussive names would not be allowed to do the same on this forum.

If you do not like what you see being dicussed on this fourm then I will gladly delete your account so you do not have to read it.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:01 am

Fred wrote:

Cheers

Fred

You know what, I didnt think posting an enjoyable rant which I thought all Town fans coulsd sympathysise with would turn into a personal attack on the forum and everyone again getting wound up by Fred.

I never said it was new, I said it was recent given Grimsby's plight.

Is it original? Yes, I think so, and humourous and so do obviously a lot of Town fans on here who havent read it before.

And this forum having mindless abuse and swearing? Find me five examples of this. I can hardly recall any swearing on here, and on the few instances I can remember I think its pretty justified as to what we've had to put up with this season.

Swearing might still not be part of your vocabulary but often it is the best way of articulating something you are annoyed about, frustrated about or want to share with the world - even Stephen Fry admits people who think swearing have a lower IQ and is a sign of unintelligence are just kidding themselves! Who are we to judge.

If the post offended you, tough, deal with it, everyone else has posted positively about it, and how rude of it was of me to try and bring a smile to a few faces. And if you dont like this forum why not potter off back to the old one, no one makes you read here or even post. Start your own one if your that bothered three free to set up, very simple and you can moderate it to your hearts content.

Not cheers
    TheTown
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Hear, hear. Try and get a sense of humour Fred, and incidentally when someone (i.e.me!) posts a completely abuse free post, asking you (very politely) to respond you totally ignore it!
    I'm at a loss to understand what 'fair minded' comment (in yor view) might actually consist of, bearing in mind we have just finished dead bottom, got humiliated in the Fa Cup, seen the 'crowds' disappear, used 60 odd players etc. et. Give us some 'fair minded' comment about this season Fred, don't just comlain about us 'foul mouthed' lot, make some original contributions of your own: how do YOU rate the manager, for example, should he stay or should he go? I'm waiting Fred, the clock's ticking...
    Fred

Post by Fred Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:28 pm

TheTown wrote:
    Fred wrote:

Cheers

Fred

You know what, I didnt think posting an enjoyable rant which I thought all Town fans coulsd sympathysise with would turn into a personal attack on the forum and everyone again getting wound up by Fred.

I never said it was new, I said it was recent given Grimsby's plight.

Is it original? Yes, I think so, and humourous and so do obviously a lot of Town fans on here who havent read it before.

And this forum having mindless abuse and swearing? Find me five examples of this. I can hardly recall any swearing on here, and on the few instances I can remember I think its pretty justified as to what we've had to put up with this season.

Swearing might still not be part of your vocabulary but often it is the best way of articulating something you are annoyed about, frustrated about or want to share with the world - even Stephen Fry admits people who think swearing have a lower IQ and is a sign of unintelligence are just kidding themselves! Who are we to judge.

If the post offended you, tough, deal with it, everyone else has posted positively about it, and how rude of it was of me to try and bring a smile to a few faces. And if you dont like this forum why not potter off back to the old one, no one makes you read here or even post. Start your own one if your that bothered three free to set up, very simple and you can moderate it to your hearts content.

Not cheers
    TheTown

I am absolutely entitled to express an opinion on this forum.

The 'Grimsby Rant' is unoriginal and hopelessly out of date now. It has been circulated on dozens of sites across the land.

Try something new for the benefit of Grimsby fans.

Cheers

Fred
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:21 pm

The 'Grimsby Rant' is unoriginal and hopelessly out of date now. It has been circulated on dozens of sites across the land.

Cheers

Fred

Your right you are entitled to express your opinion, but if you are so disgusted and annoyed what happens on this forum when EVERYONE else is happy with it toodle off and make your own Fred empire forum thats up to your high standards, and see who agrees with you - not too many diciples of Fred on either forums if I can recall.

Yes its been posted on lots of sites because its FUNNY - why do you think it has been posted everywhere? Its why Fred posts dont manage to appear on any other messageboards - UNFUNNY.

And benefit of what Grimsby fans?!!??!! WTF are you on about? It had nothing to do with them, was for us, Town fans, to enjoy, which we did. Or did till you ruined this thread.

Tar very much.
    Not cheers - and not personal - just needs to be said
    TheTown
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:01 pm

TheTown wrote:

Cheers

Fred

Your right you are entitled to express your opinion, but if you are so disgusted and annoyed what happens on this forum when EVERYONE else is happy with it toodle off and make your own Fred empire forum thats up to your high standards, and see who agrees with you - not too many diciples of Fred on either forums if I can recall.

Yes its been posted on lots of sites because its FUNNY - why do you think it has been posted everywhere? Its why Fred posts dont manage to appear on any other messageboards - UNFUNNY.

And benefit of what Grimsby fans?!!??!! WTF are you on about? It had nothing to do with them, was for us, Town fans, to enjoy, which we did. Or did till you ruined this thread.

Tar very much.
    TheTown

Just to add, Fred, it does however remain relevent, no matter how many times it's repeated and re-used.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 am

The "Grimsby Rant" is funny and relevant - Fred, why not just have a laugh and move on?
    We WON yesterday!!!!
    I enjoyed the game, and the crack with other fans....great that we scored the second goal, and shut up that b****y drum!
    I'll be there next season, I don't care who we play, as long as we play with commitment and passion. Obviously, I'd rather we won a lot more games(!), but I live in hope that we will have a lot more to cheer.
    Also......thanks, Bill, for making sure we have a team to watch!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 am

Agree with that Pie and Chips. It was a good performance Saturday, a really enjoyable afternoon. The 'Unibond' will be a good league next season (although tough to get out of!), pity that Guiseley (dead easy to get to) wont be in it however.
    Lets hope for some good signings in the summer (particularly Dave Syers!), and roll on July when the friendlies start.
    Fred

Post by Fred Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:59 pm

TheTown wrote:

Cheers

Fred

Tar very much.

You say it's funny.

Humour is subjective.

Your post is unoriginal and out of date.

And you just cannot leave the abuse can you?

Very poor

Cheers

Fred
    TheTown
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:31 pm

And this thread is getting silly as well! Time to close it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:22 am