Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

.

    Home V Grimsby Town

    Share

    Martin L

    Posts : 420
    Join date : 2012-04-27

    Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Martin L on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:15 am

    FA Cup - GREAT DRAW !!!
    avatar
    paulstreet

    Posts : 2316
    Join date : 2009-06-19
    Age : 70
    Location : Kirkstall/Headingley

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by paulstreet on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:20 am

    Fantastic draw!!  Should be a really big crowd, start the build up now!  12 days to go and I'm excited already Smile

    gedmaloney

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by gedmaloney on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:23 am

    Martin L wrote:FA Cup - GREAT DRAW !!!

    Couldn't agree more - a brilliant draw - Cum on Down - Cum on Town bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
    avatar
    rangerider

    Posts : 917
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 71
    Location : harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by rangerider on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:24 am

    Omar Bogle Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

    Martin L

    Posts : 420
    Join date : 2012-04-27

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Martin L on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:28 am

    Macca will be up for this one !!!

    Martin L

    Posts : 420
    Join date : 2012-04-27

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Martin L on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:05 pm

    Tomorrow night, Grimsby are at home against Halifax, great scouting chance. Grimsby are away next Saturday at Torquay. We are friends of Torquay so no doubt a "scouting link" could be sought.......

    gedmaloney

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by gedmaloney on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:59 pm

    Already covered!

    Martin L

    Posts : 420
    Join date : 2012-04-27

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Martin L on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:37 pm

    Grimsby took almost 600 to Braintree on Saturday.

    Will it be segregated and are there any ticket plans ? Advanced and Pay on the door option ?

    TheNeil30

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2015-07-15
    Age : 37

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by TheNeil30 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:01 pm

    Quality draw.

    Hopefully we won't be letting the freeloaders in at half time and that they will need to pay full whack!
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 704
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Townfan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:18 pm

    Martin L wrote:Macca will be up for this one !!!
    Just listened to Radio Humberside interview Macca. The D...head asked how many leagues below Grimsby we were !!!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:53 pm

    Was hoping for Halifax or an easier home match but this is great. Get the season's gate receipts up!

    What are we going for on the attendance front?

    Going for 1300.

    We have just about survived Stockport County but having had quite a few away days over there through the years some of their fans do enjoy the wrong type of attention.

    gedmaloney

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by gedmaloney on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:22 pm

    Martin L wrote:Grimsby took almost 600 to Braintree on Saturday.

    Will it be segregated and are there any ticket plans ? Advanced and Pay on the door option ?

    Tickets available from Friday of this week - to ensure quick and efficient entry, worth getting a ticket - anticipate a crowd of between 1200 and 1500 - 600 from Grimsby.

    Hope for more! sunny sunny sunny

    GrimsbyFan15

    Posts : 2
    Join date : 2015-10-12

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by GrimsbyFan15 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:18 pm

    Good evening chaps. Really looking forward to the game.

    2 quick questions;

    What ticket allocation will we receive roughly?

    and

    Which end of the ground will we be placed in? (if it is segregated)

    Should think we will take 800 minimum but one thing for sure is that Macca will get one hell of a reception from our fans.

    Thanks for your help,

    UTM

    Big Lundy

    Posts : 1324
    Join date : 2011-07-05

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Big Lundy on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:02 pm

    Not sure what ticket allocation you will get!
    We had 3,102 in for the Leeds friendly
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Would have thought we could cope with 1,000 Grimsby fans!!!
    We’ve coped with a few Stockport County fans down here before!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    Last edited by Big Lundy on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    crowbar6753

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2012-01-11
    Age : 49
    Location : Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by crowbar6753 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:16 pm

    I remember watching the game against Scarborough about ten or eleven years ago, maybe longer..and it was the fourth qualifying round as well. This game has a similar feel about it, both from the east coast, both in the conference and both well supported (Grimsby a little more so i guess). Town won one-nil that day and the attendance was around 1200 with 600 or so from Scarborough.
    Reckon it may be a bit more than that day 1500-2000 if the weathers good.


    Last edited by crowbar6753 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
    avatar
    crowbar6753

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2012-01-11
    Age : 49
    Location : Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by crowbar6753 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:24 pm

    I reckon this match will be segregated on police advice, especially as its easy to do now with the new stand. I'm sure the Grimsby fans will be well behaved, but it only takes a couple of lads with a few to many down their neck to start a bit of bother.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Guest on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:12 pm

    Ged, £15 a ticket! Discuss.

    gedmaloney

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by gedmaloney on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:15 pm

    Carefree wrote:Ged, £15 a ticket! Discuss.

    The entry price is decided between the 2 clubs - I may be wrong but I believe Grimsby home ground entry is £18, Towns is £13.

    As mentioned in previous correspondence Town have, as a separate issue, offered free entry to all fans to the Brackley game in December, alongside a separate offer that will be available to season ticket holders.

    The way the FA Cup operates is via agreement between both clubs - in this instance we have agreed the £15 ticket price after discussion with Grimsby Town, who anticipate bringing circa 800 fans, but as mentioned above we have already taken action that will ultimately enable Town supporters to get into a fixture in December for nothing, thus saving at least £13 vs the £2 increase for the Grimsby game.

    Hope this helps.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Guest on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:23 pm

    Thanks for taking time out for the response Ged. The issue is not the undoubtedly brilliant gesture of the Brackley match, it is centred around two core issues away from this promotion. The kind of thing that I think we can do more of and not just used as a justification for charging more in a Cup game.

    Firstly, I am surprised - as was my Grimsby Town supporting friend I was chatting to earlier - that we are raising the price to in effect meet half way the opposing teams ticketing prices. Innocent question - how regular is this? I have seen matches at all rounds over the decades but not sure I have encountered this as a home fn before.

    Also surprisng that an opposing club would want to have their fans charged more for a match than they normally would as an away fan. Especially given that Grimsby is not a particularly affluent place and its fans will now be paying more for than a normal visiting fan would.

    Something that is also the case for our fans. £2 may be naff all to some but I find it surprising that this match is justification to make these fans pay more.

    Which leads to the second point - this is a short-termist mistake. It is based on maxing the cash from the 800, as you pointed out, coming to Town. We should be concentrating on making this appealing to as many as possible in HG.

    The match is a real opportunity to connect and appeal to the broader football 'followers' in the town - a sizeable bunch. Yet, what do you think upping prices to £15 does? Does it make it more or less appealing to this group? The draw of a Leeds or EPL club then you have a real draw potential for these types of fans but this ain't that. Its Grimsby, with 800 fans coming and well us as fans will pay it no doubt but isn't the best. And ain't all that regular, is it?

    Last question - previous precedent. What happened when we reached the Second Round of the FA Cup - did prices go up or stay the same?

    Cheers Ged

    GARAGE

    Posts : 388
    Join date : 2014-08-06

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by GARAGE on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:00 am

    Carefree wrote:Thanks for taking time out for the response Ged. The issue is not the undoubtedly brilliant gesture of the Brackley match, it is centred around two core issues away from this promotion. The kind of thing that I think we can do more of and not just used as a justification for charging more in a Cup game.  

    Firstly, I am surprised - as was my Grimsby Town supporting friend I was chatting to earlier - that we are raising the price to in effect meet half way the opposing teams ticketing prices. Innocent question - how regular is this? I have seen matches at all rounds over the decades but not sure I have encountered this as a home fn before.

    Also surprisng that an opposing club would want to have their fans charged more for a match than they normally would as an away fan. Especially given that Grimsby is not a particularly affluent place and its fans will now be paying more for than a normal visiting fan would.

    Something that is also the case for our fans. £2 may be naff all to some but I find it surprising that this match is justification to make these fans pay more.

    Which leads to the second point - this is a short-termist mistake. It is based on maxing the cash from the 800, as you pointed out, coming to Town. We should be concentrating on making this appealing to as many as possible in HG.

    The match is a real opportunity to connect and appeal to the broader football 'followers' in the town - a sizeable bunch. Yet, what do you think upping prices to £15 does? Does it make it more or less appealing to this group? The draw of a  Leeds or EPL club then you have a real draw potential for these types of fans but this ain't that. Its Grimsby, with 800 fans coming and well us as fans will pay it no doubt but isn't the best. And ain't all that regular, is it?

    Last question - previous precedent. What happened when we reached the Second Round of the FA Cup - did prices go up or stay the same?

    Cheers Ged

    Well said Carefree but my main concern is the lack of segregation especially if we win the game. Ged please make them think again it could be a big big mistake.

    JoshR

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2015-02-22

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by JoshR on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:01 am

    I personally don't see the problem with the price going up £2 as most clubs have catagory pricing which we dont. But I am extremely surprised about there being no segregation with 800 travelling fans? I already know a couple of people either not coming or not bringing their children now because of this. The aim of a game like this is to bring fans in to the ground not deter people. Please re-think the segregation although I would be even less happy if they were given the kop!

    Chips97

    Posts : 264
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Age : 21
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Chips97 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:10 pm

    Yeah the extra £2 doesn't bother me either since it's decided between the two teams. Is there nothing for seasonticket holders though?
    On the segregation talk I was slightly surprised by That as well! Although if it was segregated I'm sure they'd get the kop as they have all the facilities needed there such as toilets. That was the purpose of the stand if we went up and needed to segregate.
    avatar
    rangerider

    Posts : 917
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 71
    Location : harrogate

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by rangerider on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:46 pm

    Chips97 wrote:Yeah the extra £2 doesn't bother me either since it's decided between the two teams. Is there nothing for seasonticket holders though?
    On the segregation talk I was slightly surprised by That as well! Although if it was segregated I'm sure they'd get the kop as they have all the facilities needed there such as toilets. That was the purpose of the stand if we went up and needed to segregate.

    No refreshment or bar at the hospital end = lost revenue bet thats why

    Big Lundy

    Posts : 1324
    Join date : 2011-07-05

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Big Lundy on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:40 pm

    Looks like Grimsby have been allocated 1,200 standing tickets!!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Doubt they will sell all them!
    The new stands will have boosted the capacity of the CNG a bit!
    Can’t be far off 4,000 now!!!!
    Pay on the day might encourage a few more locals in if the weathers decent!
    Funny lot Harrogate public, every now & again they can turn up in large numbers for “Big Games” making it very difficult to predict the attendance!
    Would have thought there will be a police presence inside the ground if no segregation is in place!

    CCOB

    Posts : 251
    Join date : 2009-06-19

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by CCOB on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:55 pm

    I'm sure there is a refreshment outlet at the hospital end, it's facing you when you walk through the gate at that end. It was in use at the beer festival but has never been open yet on a match day as far as i'm aware.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Home V Grimsby Town

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:46 am