Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Idea for Grimsby

Martin L

Idea for Grimsby Empty Idea for Grimsby

Post by Martin L Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Another suggestion, this could work. Behind the kop is the car park for the nurses accommodation, right, section off a corner and have that as a town fans area. Daleside rock up like the beer festival, brilliant, food outlets. The gates behind the Kop open for access, no drink allowed in the ground, a couple of stewards would sort that.

It ain't rocket science. Perhaps this is a learning exercise. When we get in the conference, are we going to surrender our loyal fans enjoyment everytime a big team come to town ?

Alternatively, beam the game at Railway and Grimsby go there. That is a joke by the way.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Idea for Grimsby Empty Re: Idea for Grimsby

Post by Townfan Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:26 am

Good idea Martin but......
    Licencing laws prohibit it.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:04 pm

So a tent that is not open sided and would mean that no booze can be taken out of it would break licencing laws - how??

As Martin said the fact we are playing a moderately big side should not curtail our own enjoyment of going to Town and I think it is a bit computer says no to suggest out of hand a very workable answer to this situation with its against the rules.....

From the very brief research I have done for matches prior to the First round there is nothing stopping beer being consumed whilst watching the game, so I cannot see why having a tent with beer not allowed out of it would be against licensing laws.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:23 pm

As i understand it and someone from the club can correct me if i'm wrong it was a condition by the council when granting a liquor licence that alcohol would not be consumed outside of the 1919 venue

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:59 pm