Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Braintree at home

GARAGE

Braintree at home  Empty Braintree at home

Post by GARAGE Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Glad to see that game out of the way after 3 weeks of no football. We were not good and i found it hard to pick a MOM . Both fullbacks need to practice passing the ball to a teammate.  Still too many balls kicked high upfield giving the ball away.  Beck had a hard time up front but thought he got better as the game went on. All our goals were good with Woods having a dream debut scoring with a terrific volley. Kerry looked good again when he came on and is probably playing better than Jack at the moment.  We need to play far better on Tuesday to get anything out of Salford.
    RayW

Braintree at home  Empty Re: Braintree at home

Post by RayW Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:16 pm

What was that Woods goal celebration about . Woods is injury prone and hasn’t had many games in this season . He scores a great goal but half the team jump on him ; which idiot jumped onto his neck - and fell off himself awkwardly . Simon Weaver needs to have a word with them and fine any player that puts injury at risk in post goal celebrations .They are well paid professionals for gods sake . Great goal though and good to see Woods back .
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:22 pm

GARAGE wrote:Glad to see that game out of the way after 3 weeks of no football. We were not good and i found it hard to pick a MOM . Both fullbacks need to practice passing the ball to a teammate.  Still too many balls kicked high upfield giving the ball away.  Beck had a hard time up front but thought he got better as the game went on. All our goals were good with Woods having a dream debut scoring with a terrific volley. Kerry looked good again when he came on and is probably playing better than Jack at the moment.  We need to play far better on Tuesday to get anything out of Salford.

Thought Thomson was our Mom especially with the critical goal but who really cares it is a team game and about winning. Glad to see us try and play more on the floor than recently which brought our players into it but agree still too may balls hoofed upfield.

Last edited by WhiteRose11 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Well, who says persistence doesn't pay off .... I did a few weeks ago ? Beck has suddenly become productive in the air (sometimes!). He had 2 assists today and an assist to an assist - which i suppose counts for something if you're trying to big him up. He needed bigging up and actually competed well in the air some of the time - but management can still get a lot more from him - he missed an open goal (which to be fair other team members might have missed) and is still easily cowered out of mid-air collisions by opposition players much shorter than him.

As for MOTM - I was surprised by the choice of Emmett, although he did have a sound, almost touch-perfect game. My choice would have gone to Howe or Burrell. Howe dealt in the air with everything his way and Burrell was his usual clever self.
    Emmett does not do enough. Not fully his fault as neither Thompson nor Leesley are willing to pass to him on a regular basis, so his skills are subdued. However, local sentiment probably goes his way in terms of MOTM awards !
    I understand that Leesley's 'dive' booking (what a xxxxx!) means he is suspended for the Salford game. That presents a ready-made opportunity for management to give Kerry a midfield start on Tuesday at Salford and to give Emmett an outing on the wing, where he's been so impressive for us in the past, instead of Leesley - that might give us new impetus for creating point-precision crossing chances from the wing - i don't expect we'll be creating many scoring chances at Salford !
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:14 pm

Leesley got booked for diving i believe which takes him to a suspension i believe. I’ll bet non of his 5 bookings was for a bad foul. What a team player he is!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:59 pm