Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Scarborough at home

GARAGE

Scarborough at home  Empty Scarborough at home

Post by GARAGE Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:24 am

Back down with a big bump last night against a good team-they looked every bit as fit as us and looked sharper with Walshaw getting his usual goal-the mixed team we put out proved that we need to be at full strength to survive in our new league-
    I’m still not convinced about Williams and Stewart possibly needs to be out wide as per his 1st appearance where he looked good-the trialist started brightly then slowly dissapeared and did not have any movement in him so he’s not for me- Langmead is struggling at present but must get better- finally our keeper tends to kick the ball out as far as he can giving possession away instead of passing out from the back which suits our game more.
    Ozzi

Scarborough at home  Empty Re: Scarborough at home

Post by Ozzi Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:49 pm

Good assessment Garage. I think Williams will definately benefit at the side of the more physical Beck. Yes Langmead looked a bit rusty, but could benefit if he plays alongside Burrell who is a Rolls Royce. But, the Manager may start with Howe and Burrell. I’m hoping Leesley gets a run out on Saturday as he will be needed against Sutton Utd. Anyway, all the best lads down Wales, unfortunately I can’t make it.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:25 pm

We have a supporters coach running to the match on Saturday. Seats are still available and we leave at 10:45.

Call me on 07989969575 to book.

Jordan
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:31 pm

The brilliant start to last season was helped by the good performances in challenging matches against Hartlepool and Gateshead. It is hard to see that the pre-season's fixtures and team selections this time are doing much to prepare us for a match against probably the best team in the National League. After the Bradford City shambles I was expecting to see the likely starting line up against Sutton play at least the first 60 minutes against Scarborough.
    Trainset

Post by Trainset Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Friendlies can be hit and miss as a guide. Son in law said the Pirates performance was not great at all (lack of team play, leggy) especially with games running out to put out a settled XI. The fixtures have not helped - poor quality, lack of game time on grass, lack of appetite for better sides to come and play at Town on the plastic stuff. Not great way to set up for some very testing fixtures to come.
    Let's hope we don't revert to the previous 8 seasons or so of under achievement - something likely given we are not able to outspend teams to secure mid table positions like in the past.
    And remember we have a manager who would have been out the door 3 or 4 times over had it been a normal club set up! No chance to learn on the go at this level.
    What is the issue with Leesley btw? Has obviously been kicking a ball around but not featured yet.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:36 am

Believe Leesley injured in training so they probably making sure he’s fully fit and no reacurance occurs.
    Makes sence me thinks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am