Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
fulhamphoenix
Crossan
GARAGE
7 posters

Bromley at home

GARAGE

Bromley at home  Empty Bromley at home

Post by GARAGE Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:11 pm

We need a very good performance tonight to get us out of our poor home form. We were absolutely awful at Bromley in the 1st half but came away with a point thanks to injury prone Knowles tap in from Emmetts cross.
    GARAGE

Bromley at home  Empty Re: Bromley at home

Post by GARAGE Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 pm

What a pathetic performance by the officials tonight. Beck had a really frustrating time being fouled many times and not getting free kicks. Overall we are struggling to score the goals we should. Mediocre 1st half was followed by a better 2nd half but looked doomed to be goalless until we had that only bit of luck on the night when the ref actually saw the handball for the pen .
    Thomson had his worst game for some time and was MOM. He seemed to be not happy playing on the left. MOM for me was Emmett who was outstanding in the 2nd half.
    Saturdays game has become vital now that we are back in the playoffs.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 pm

Just to add to your comments about town's away game at Bromley, Garage. The outstanding feature of it for me was the absolutely brilliant saves by Belly.

Onto today. I thought it was a really exciting and frustratingly tense game tonight and justice was done in the end - good job Muldoon's usual 70th minute substitution didn't take place as he's imvho the best man to take pens.
    I thought Thompson's corners were (and they were many) generally good tonight but he was sluggish at times in broken play. Not sure who decides mom but i guess it could be a sponsor's young child.
    Anyway, in my view, all our players put their bodies on the line tonight - plenty of rough fouls by both sides - and won heroically in the end.
    But we don't seem able to carve out clear chances at goal - only 1 goal scored in each of our last 4 matches and the 3 i can remember were a pen, a ricochet and a strike from a goalie punch out to Howe's feet.
    Anyway, we are back to winning ways, played well andwell enough to feel confident of getting at least 4 and maybe 6 points from our next 2 away to Bottom Braintree and then home to bottom 6 Maidenhead
    Crossan

Bromley at home  Empty Bromley at Home

Post by Crossan Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:19 am

Yes the referee had a howler cannot remember how many times Beck was fouled, with one of the fouls looking liking a clear cut penalty, Beck I think more in frustration did foul himself a few times. Surprised really that the Ref gave the pen, he was in a good position, I could not seen the incident from where I was standing so don't know if it was clear cut.

We played our usual good football but as per other posts we are not creating enough clear chances and were unlucky when we did create something.

The game screamed out for a sub but unusually Weather did not make his 80th minute one of bringing on Williams, what has the lad got to to get a game.

Thought the defence looked stronger with Langmead back he played well and put in a couple of crunching tackles.

Emmet was my man of the match, could not see how Thompson got the nod.

Kicked off at the end with Falkingham responsible, could understand his reaction but as Captain should have shown restraint.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:22 am

I didn't see what caused the 'post final whistle commotion', but i know Falky takes it to the limit too often and, if humanly possible for him to do without affecting his superb performances (on reflection, this may be impossible for him - so fairdos), needs to curb his 'enthusiasm' else we'll be losing him for 3 of his superb performances!
    If i was a Bromley fan, i'd be proud of their performance - their tight defence, huge defenders and gutsy play saw them through for a draw if the ref had played 3 instead of 4 minutes injury time (although, ironically, the injury time was mainly down to their 'downed' players).
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Justice was done in the end (literally the end...). Muldoon has nerves of steel !
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Fantastic result for Town. Another team who came to stifle our game plan. Then, Muldoon steps up with seconds remaining and coolly slots home to give them what they deserved. Well done boys, massively back in it now. Conjure up a win on Saturday and if other results go our way, we’ll be back in dreamland. Proud to be Town.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Fantastic result as said, very poor ref we should have had a pen before the one granted. Credit to Muldoon for putting the one given away but we should have scored before then especially from our crosses the deliveries were excellent again and were begging to be put away. The move back to 442 seems to have worked. Having Emmett and Thomson wide means we have two players that track back and support the full backs. It is interesting that most of the goals conceded earlier in the season have come from our left now Thomson is on that flank there is more protection and no goals conceded from that side, whereas now they have come from our right - the one in the last 3 games when Jack was off. Probably why no subs used.
    We deserve to be in the playoffs and I do believe we will
    BB

Post by BB Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Think we’ve played better in the last two matches, which could be because we’ve been given more space as the opposition looks for a draw.

We seem to have made a lot fewer passes back to Belshaw.

At least we’re having more shots at goal, although we still don’t pull the trigger often enough.

Emmet has been superb.

Falkingham was good on Saturday and we got some of his lovely long passes… not so much last night.

Think Beck may not be getting the rub of the green because in the past he has gone down too easily.

Although he’s improved immensely from a few months ago, and, no offence, but could you see Knowlesy getting anywhere near those headers?

Great team efforts, but got to somehow get Williams on for a decent length of time.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 pm

BB wrote:Think we’ve played better in the last two matches, which could be because we’ve been given more space as the opposition looks for a draw.

(Great team efforts, but got to somehow get Williams on for a decent length of time.

Think that Kerry in the 433 squashed the space and therefore forced the back passes he plays better in the 442 formation imo

I don't know how and I don't really know the clamour for him - he scored a lot of goals in the league below - so not proven at this level. You would have to leave out Muldoon or Beck and as I've said before I do have reservations about Beck but it is about partnerships and team work/spirit and obviously Simon believes it is the best combination of our front two.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am