Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Ozzi
Crossan
GARAGE
fulhamphoenix
8 posters

Dover at home

GARAGE

Dover at home  Empty Dover at home

Post by GARAGE Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Really happy to get a point today after what i thought was a poor performance by us.  Think complacency is creeping in and we are overplaying the passing the ball backwards when we are in an attacking position. Both fullbacks struggled at times against another huge team who played far better than their league position.
    Muldoon has gone off the boil and Leesley spends more of his time falling over but did get an assist for one of our goals. Langmead eventually got his goal after most of our chances fell to him. Thought Thewlis looked okay when he came on. Think i would have really struggled to find a MOM today but not complaining that Jack got it. Finally didn’t see what started the trouble at the end but their no 7 deserved to be sent off after i thought he was their best player.
    fulhamphoenix

Dover at home  Empty Re: Dover at home

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:14 pm

As usual, i kinda agree with your summary, garage. We were not at our best today (compacent, maybe - didn't salford beat them at dover 4-1 last week) but still deserved the end result.
    Falkingham was mammoth as usual. Imo citicism is especially deserved for thompson - i think he needs to be benched and give one of our deserved subs a starting chance. Thompson is just a glutton for poor shooting and often when he should be passing to someone with a better chance. I'm not a beck fan but ironically, considering his height, he's much better with the ball at his feet than winning an aerial battle. If they were on opposing sides i'd back falky in the air against beck every time! I,ve also thought that kitchen has made more mistakes than i would have liked the last few games however who else have we got at the moment? Emmett was amongst maybe 3 of my candidates for mom but based on so many 'on the sixpence' creative passes since his return from injury, i think he deserved it.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:52 pm

I would hope it wasn’t complacency, but just one of those days! I would imagine that’s probably the best Dover have played all season. I agree about their hight, was like land of the giants. Gaining a point was a god send as that’s probably our worst performance of the season. Some players actually looked tired, but, this is such a demanding league, you can’t really have a go at the lads. Just look at Salford, very similar to us scoring an equaliser deep into extra time to the bottom club. So, no damage done as Orient drew too. Only Wrexham winning out of the top four. Looking forward now to next weeks exciting encounter which I’m sure will be a near sell out. As always, keep going lads, you doing the Town ‘proud’
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Not at our best for sure conditions ie the wind didn't make it easy and they were very physical. Don't get the criticism by fulhamphoenix . The togetherness of the team got us that point.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Yes i agree with 'the togetherness of the team got us that point'
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Our match report says it was a great game.  Think we were all watching some other game.
    Crossan

Dover at home  Empty Dover at Home

Post by Crossan Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Agree with comments that we were not at our best today, can't be every game!!   Another big physical team who were direct and did not play much of a passing game, however they had three good players up front who caused us a lot of problems in the second half.

Mr Dependable Warren Burrell was not up to his usual high standard, he was outpaced for the first goal and I think the second goal was partly his fault. I am concerned for young Kitchen who is having a bad run in games of late.  He needs a rest, unfortunately we have no back up at left back as Parker has hung up his boots now.  We actually have no other defenders apart from Fallowfield, Simon needs to recruit a left back and really two other defenders.

I thought Langmead had a good game, he made some crucial tackles as he has done these last few games.

People were asking for Gate to get the ball forward quicker but as Dover got every man behind the ball it was difficult for Gate to play their normal game.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:44 pm

Anybody any ideas what caused their no 7 to loose his head and start throwing punches
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:17 pm

A second hand remark to me was that he spat at Thompson - not sure if that was true or not as i didn't witness it myself !
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:12 am

I was told that aswell and if true I hope his ban is increased to 9 matches - disgraceful no excuse and totally unacceptable
    Crossan

Post by Crossan Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:25 am

I was some distance away from the sending off incident but it looked as though the number 7 threw a punch, could not comment on the spitting but if true then yes he should be dealt with accordingly, no room for that in the game!
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:51 am

Yep, that’s what I was told from x2 guys near the incident. DISGRCEFUL behaviour. National Leauge should give him the maximum sentence, someone has mentioned x9 games, if so, give him it. No wonder George reacted the way he did. Also, DoverFC should deal with the idiot to reveal how they feel about his disgraceful behaviour. Shame he had to revert to this as he’d been there best player.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:05 am

Dover’s “Man of the Match” pic v Town!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:45 pm

It was confirmed after the match that, although he threw more punches than Anthony Joshua, he was sent off for spitting.
    Never seen a side waste as much time as Dover, poetic justice that the ref added 6 mins on. If they had not wasted time, they would have won.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Nowt wrong with having small numbers in the squad if you can keep em injury & suspension free during the season!
    But we are now down to a 19 man squad
    Which for a 46 game league season could be pushing our luck a bit!
    scratch
    Crossan

Post by Crossan Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:04 am

19 players is small for this league, but my concern as I said in my earlier post is that we have a lack of defenders ie no cover at left back, we have Fallowfield to come back but he is primarily a right back.  The only other defender is young Toby Lees, who looks a good prospect but no experience at this level.   Burrell can play centre back if required but we lack cover in defence.  Howe looked as though he picked up an injury on Saturday don't know how serious that was, we cannot expect to go through a full season injury free, we had four players out at the beginning of the season!!!
    RayW

Post by RayW Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:22 am

We did not look like a promotion side against Dover and I have come to The conclusion that my expectations have been too high of late. Understandably, some of our players are now looking out of their depth in this division. Still, it’s been a great start and maybe I need to accept that we might drift down towards mid table and at the start of the season I would’ve taken mid-table as a great outcome.
    It would be nice and financially good to have a cup run, but it’s going to be difficult to get through against Wrexham.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Highlights and Low light!

Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:37 am

Someone on their forum said they kept possesion for long periods of the game. Funny I thought they were mainly a long ball side most of the time.
    The "spitter" has got a 6 game ban according to the FA website.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Really. Well he’s got away lightly then in my eyes, the scum bar*****.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:59 pm

One would hope Dover's Directors would take action as he has surely brought shame on their club - Disciplinary for Gross misconduct which would give a strong message to others.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 am