Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Surplus
boselecta
A1 drifter
fulhamphoenix
wootontommy
Townfan
GARAGE
crowbar6753
Big Lundy
13 posters

What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon?

wetherby58

What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon? - Page 3 Empty Re: What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon?

Post by wetherby58 Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:30 am

I thought before the first whistle that the team selection was wrong and our No. 2 out of position and No.3 a bit lightweight. We seemed set up to attack but no link between midfield and forwards.
    After CA first red,town should have just simply played basic football and wear them down,then a stupid tackle from one of ours evened the numbers up. Their goal was well crafted and taken and in my opinion,deserved their lead.
    We upped it in the second half and when our subs were introduced it seemed to make a difference. When they went down to 9 and we levelled we still didn't learn and although we started to create more we just were not good enough.
    If we put that team out Monday with the same tactics we will struggle,heres hoping !
    wootontommy

What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon? - Page 3 Empty Re: What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon?

Post by wootontommy Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:48 am

I agree that the key is link up play. It does not matter who plays in midfield if we continue to play the style of football we have played for the past few games, ie kick it high and long, because the midfield is missed out. This style also exemplifies the dip in confidence the players seem to be suffering from. They seem to just want to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible to reduce the possibility that they may make a mistake - God forbid! They can't play with this mentality; everyone makes mistakes. It's how they are dealt with that counts. Come on! Be the lions that you have shown us you can be!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:10 pm

All true,but let's all get behind the lads tomorrow
    Our position is still good. Let's assume both Tamworth and Boston get 12 points out of a possible 18,that gives them 68 and 67 points. Thus only three wins out of 8 games gets us to 70 points, surely enough. OK, hard to see where three wins will come from, but we are still massive favourites to make the top five.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:21 pm

When Thirwell came on he demanded the ball to his feet and we started to play some football..Platt hasn't once demanded the ball to his feet whilst he has played and that includes his early stint in the season. Midfielders dictate the game, as said above, they link the play from defence to midfield, from midfield to attack. It is no coincidence that we struggled when Platt had his early stint and we are struggling now, he may be low on confidence, he may not have that ability to play football but in my view, whilst he plays we are only going to see hoof ball. For me Thirwell has to start every remaining game and we need to revert to 4-3-3 which was our most successful formation this season.

It is also worth noting that when Thirwell came on the two centre backs were willing to pass the ball into him. obviously they don't have confidence in Platt to receive the ball and make a decent pass as they never passed it to Platt..I said this in another thread the other week and I was blasted but it is plain to see for anyone with half a football brain. And what did Platt do when he received the ball, tried to pass but at least 70% went wayward.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:13 pm

I think all the fans are behind the team and will continue to be behind the team come what may. The season has been markedly better and we have been treated to some excellent performances. The frustration comes from the lack of consistency when we as fans know what they can produce but it falls short for whatever reason. Forums such as these provide an outlet to vent that frustration and shouldn't necessarily be seen as negative, rather they show the passion of fans trying to will their team on and when the dust settles and we get our emotions in check, we drag ourselves through the working week by dreaming of 3 pts and the next challenge. Go up or stay in the division, I don't doubt how hard the team and management work on a tight budget to get things right on the pitch but it's a difficult alchemy to get which is why we love our team and keep moaning when we are in a cracking position. It'll be exciting whatever happens. I also thought that Platt looked very good at the start, snapping into tackles, breaking up play and moving the ball around. It all went sour for him when Burrell slipped his leash and went into attack mode and ripped up the entire game plan for the 1st half.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:15 pm

So missing out the switch to inept long balls, the fact our wingers form has dipped, the fact our strikers cannot score and have been failing to chip in with what should be expected of them for much of the season - it's Platt's fault. Sorry Trev but that would be total BS if it wasn't so laughable.

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:28 pm

It isn't really BS is it, the inclusion of a none football playing central midfielder has disrupted the whole balance of the team. All of a sudden the wingers aren't been supplied and are been bypassed with the long balls and the strikers weren't really firing all season but in recent games we have seen less balls go into the box..It ain't rocket science really. And you can laugh all you want but guaranteed if we played Thirwell over Platt things would be a lot different.

And to call someone's opinion bull **** is pretty pathetic too, you numpty.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:03 pm

Platts here for the long term and with Burrell booking early summer holidays he's going to be our midfield lynchpin. If it's games he's after he'll get a shed load in. He'll look like a racing snake by season end.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Well we have Thirwell and Kerry but if Platt has to play I would hope Simon can coach him into passing otherwise we can expect a lot more long ball.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Platt needs to sort his hair out admittedly but I like the cut of his jib. Plenty more to come from the young fellow me lad in my opinion.
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Garage it's Wakefield on a Tuesday and Doncaster on a Thursday I believe!! Let's get behind the boys now no negativity. The lads need a slight push now let's give them it.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Ill call it BS if it singling out a young lad as being responsible for the team and individual's drop in form. Now that is being pathetic. Oh and laughable.

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:45 pm

Clearly clueless

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:52 pm