Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Surplus
boselecta
A1 drifter
fulhamphoenix
wootontommy
Townfan
GARAGE
crowbar6753
Big Lundy
13 posters

What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon? - Page 2 Empty Re: What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon?

Post by paulstreet Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:56 pm

We don't deserve it but our play off position has actually improved! Boston and Tamworth are worse than us. Hard to believe I know. All that matters is 5th place now. Terrible today (again), Knowles, sadly, is hopeless as was Swain today. We need Hearn fit, he actually does realise that the point of the. game is to put the ball in the bleedin' net!
    wootontommy

What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon? - Page 2 Empty Re: What can we expect this Saturday against Curzon?

Post by wootontommy Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:00 pm

vIrtually no positives to be taken from the game today. What a shame - the last time I saw CA, they passed the ball quickly along the ground. Unfortunately they have given up football for acting. Their dramatic rolling about and screams of pain became tedious and eventfully were just pathetic. As for us - well we need to be able to pass the ball to one of our players. For goodness sake Mr Weever, get it sorted in training. We can't find a man even when the ball is uncontested. MoM again really difficult to choose as most were below par again, with some having an absolute shocker.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:17 pm

So starting the day four points clear of fifth and now we are five points clear is not a positive then. OK.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Can't see it is pressure. Just look disjointed. Don't like singling out players on a public(ish) forum but agree with comments above. At this rate end of season can't come soon enough. Just want my team to play decent football and win convincingly everyone time they take to the hallowed ground. Is that too much to ask for!
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:33 pm

100% agree with all the comments about the team.I think it was the reaction of the CA players that got Warren sent off.Yellow at worse.Shame we see it week in week out players trying to get fellow players sent off.Thought the introduction of Thirlwell gave the team a much needed calmness .
    Massive game Monday at BPA.With the new players there new manager as brought in,its going to be very tough.Still with some much needed tinkering you never know, we might see the real Town.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:50 pm

OK TF, but relying on other teams being more crap than us isn't exactly going to make me jump and down with glee. We will get caught unless we start a),playing football and b) scoring some bloody goals. Giving the 752 fans something to actually cheer wouldn't be bad either. Today was miserable and depressing.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Who out of the current players & backroom staff would be available to the club next season if we won promotion to the Conference National?
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Everybody is available and ready to go up. Relax and take this ride game by game. Are we sat in a great position ? Yes - one more game down. We're having a Barron spell , it happens. Teams don't come and have a go anymore , it's gonna get harder the more respected we get. Stay positive
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:12 pm

After last 5 games it's fair for supporter depression to have kicked in - mine has anyway! By now shouldn't we realise Knowles cannot compete at this level; Clayton probably has to be there but when he does meet ball with head its direction is mostly random ; Swainey is a full back and not a winger; for those who did not attend, MOTM Platt sent most of his passes wayward or into touch; they had one realistic chance (where was our defence?) from which they scored - did we have any? apart from the penalty; Daniels' work-rate is poor but surely he has to start for his (long-lost!) ability to take free kicks and his consistently sublime corners.
    What was our goal-scoring plan today? seemed like simply to lob it high up towards goal towards our midget receivers - complete nonsense. We scored six against Solihull mainly through playing skilful build-up football.
    You have to say that our performances over the last 5 matches have been woeful and proven to be no better than a team scrapping for survival in this league.
    Both players and management have fallen short, and given the number of poor results i have no confidence in a sudden turnaround.
    However as it's a Saturday night, i'll toast you all to a win at Park Avenue on Monday !
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 pm

We have coaches,managers, training, highly paid part time players, so why on the pitch does it too often look like a disorganized rabble? I just don't get it.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:00 pm

I'm positively eating a curry that I got to cheer myself up. I think a lot of the frustration is down to fans being bewildered by performances. Yes, we are in a better position but we need to get fans through the stiles and start outplaying teams who even if we're being charitable are where they are in the division for a reason. How is our present standard of play going to help if we get promoted?
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Yes the pressure maybe is starting to show a bit but it's human nature. Why don't a few of you go watch training and see the lads train ?? I'm sure you'd be more than welcome and find it enjoyable
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Just having a flight of fancy to cheer myself up here. We get promoted. New stand and menu to include prawn sandwiches. 1st game of the new season against Guisley at home in the new ( what a goal from Vardy) Leeds/Bradford Airport Stadium! What's your starting lineup- Crooks is safe and Ellis doesn't fancy it so captain is the fozmeister. Cundy signed from Gloucester so there's your centre halves.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Biggest cheer of the day (in a fairly dismal match) was for their dramatic actor no. 6 getting sent off. Thoroughly deserved his hand waving 'standing ovation'.
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Ellis does fancy it by the way.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:48 pm

Now that is good news as I think he should walk player of the season and get his mug on a legend banner at the ground. Gives it his all every game, only thing lacking is a fringe but not his fault.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Enjoy your curry surplus! I actually bought a bottle of cheap cava to celebrate a win (I was sure we would). I'm drinking it anyway! Sad or what.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Tommyb123 wrote:Ellis does fancy it by the way.

Correct ..Danny loves this club and fans.100% here next season.Hopefully in the National.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:00 pm

You can celebrate England winning. Best I've seen them play in a long time and should be a number of premiership show ponies not going to the euros. Hodgy should be picking on current form so Rooney can put on his nike slippers he wilfed from their corporate box and kick back with a 30" meat feast and enjoy the show!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:45 pm

According to the Advertiser Burrell will get a 4 match ban if the red card is upheld which I suspect it will be. Think he is a real loss as very good in the middle and not had an opportunity to link up with Platt and Hearn.
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:09 pm

Video evidence might say otherwise
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:33 pm

Not sure. Obviously hope so but I was sat straight in front and saw him tackle with both feet off the ground and gave me the chance to count all his studs. Other player made a right 3 course meal with all the trimmings of it but why give the ref the opportunity. Your in the opposition half, a player up and no-one is going anywhere so why bring out your party piece bull in a china shop tackle that got you a 3 match ban only the other week.
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:56 am

Agree
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:39 am

[quote="Tommyb123"]Yes the pressure maybe is starting to show a bit but it's human nature. Why don't a few of you go watch training and see the lads train ?? I'm sure you'd be more than welcome and find it enjoyable [/quot
    e]
    where do they train? Used to be on our pitch
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:44 am

I was ready to come on here all guns blazing picking out individuals but that isn't going to do the team any good...Having had time to reflect and after listening to Simon's interview, I just think the players are scared to make mistakes and are suffering with a lack of confidence...Simon's tinkering doesn't help matters either but he is the man doing the job and I am sure there is method in his madness.

What I would say is that i think we will stumble over the finish line but it is important that we get behind the team at this crucial moment as we somehow need to find some form ahead of the playoffs, if we can't find form then we will fall at the first hurdle. I don't think I have ever seen us win at BPA (I could be wrong) but it will be a tough games, we need to get vocal for the whole 90 mins and show the team we are 100% behind them!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:11 am