Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Just dont expect Curtis to turn up to training!!

Geoff

Just dont expect Curtis to turn up to training!! Empty Just dont expect Curtis to turn up to training!!

Post by Geoff Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:08 pm

From this is Nottingham

"At Harrogate I don't need to go in for training, just turn up to play games – and that suits me."

The guy is obviously a good footballer whose career has been on a gentle downward path now overtaken by the boxing ring .... but am I alone in being a bit uneasy about signing a convicted thug and lauding it to the media? Mr Fotherby's (waning) gift for hyperbole is well known.

This is Nottingham
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How about a sweep on how many games he plays before he / the club throws in the towel?
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Just dont expect Curtis to turn up to training!! Empty Re: Just dont expect Curtis to turn up to training!!

Post by Big Red Machine Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:25 pm

I am sure that there is something in everyone's past that they regret doing! We have got to give Curtis a fair crack of the whip before accusations are made - and have you actually spoken to him to determine that he is a "thug" or are you just saying this on the basis of what you have seen printed.

As with all the new members of the team - let's give them a fair chance eh!

It's amazing how many people always have a go at Mr Fotherby, just remember that without his backing we would not have players with Curtis's skill coming to Harrogate. He stepped in and saved Town when they were in real danger of going under and has spent plenty of his own money on players. At least he is willing to keep trying time after time when many other chairman would have walked out on the club, let him have his "hyperbole", because at his age he has probably earned it!
    Geoff

Just dont expect Curtis to turn up to training!! Empty Re: Just dont expect Curtis to turn up to training!!

Post by Geoff Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Fair comment and well said

I haven't spoken to him and I am not sure I would want to do that..... is he a thug? Answer yes, he was convicted of attacking a police officer
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:45 pm

I have spoken to Curtis (after he signed ) and he comes accross as a very nice guy, soft spoken but knows his stuff.

Regarding his history, in some respects it is just that and it is how he acts in the here and know that counts! In my opinion anyway!
    Malcom Marshall

Post by Malcom Marshall Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:02 pm

willing to give the lad a fair chance, just wonder if were struggling and have a few other players that play in the same position as him and he doesnt train and then gets a game everyweek, will it cause unrest between players?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 am